"I sucked pretty bad today..."

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Re: "I sucked pretty bad today..."

In Response to Re: "I sucked pretty bad today...":
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: "I sucked pretty bad today..." : What are you talking about knucklehead? In the game thread I was saying run the ball. It was obvious the ratbirds were all about the pass. This is what you don't get. There is no one formula. You adjust to what the D is doing. This was one of Tom's dumbest games ever.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]
    You are right, they were giving us the run game. Who are the ratbirds, that's not descriptive are these the brady ballwashers?lol I agree there is no one formula and at times they were using the run well and then would forget about it, very strange but a QB always will want to throw it more than run it. We adjusted but we called the wrong plays a lot this game. It's a bad game for Brady, but I really have to say at least 50% of this is on O'Brien and the playcalling.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I disagree with individual play calls but overall I did not feel that was the problem. I predicted a close nail biter so I was not upset we got it because the pats last few wins over these guys were similar. The Ravens have a great defense and they did not miss many tackles. Both Ravens interceptions were tremendous plays by the defensive backs. The Ravens did not look slow to me, they played hard like I expected. Brady's TD dive was gutsy and more than made up for some of his mis throws.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Can't recall the last time Brady missed someone as open as Gronk was on that play.  He could've walked in.

But the other one came on a 4th and goal call which, in retrospect, worked out okay.  I thought for sure that BB would go for it on that play instead of the FG. 

Brady will be back in two weeks, and he won't be facing Lewis, Reed and Suggs just to name a few. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I thought there really was about five passes that could of been picked off during this game...Ray Lewis had Edelman covered in the end zone and really he could/should of picked that one off. The only real beef I had with the offense was the play calling. You send a guy like Edelman and Slater deep when you signed Ocho to 6 million this summer? You try to throw when your number one target is in the locker room? No reverses, screens or dump offs to backs?

We caught a huge break today. We won despite Brady and the offense...despite horrible play calling. If we get back Gronk, I like our chances - no way we make the same mistakes in two weeks.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "I sucked pretty bad today..." : Brady sucked today...no doubt. In his defense he was going against probably the best pass defense in the league (without his number one option)...there was no one open for large poetions of this game. He did make some really poor decisions and missed a wide open Gronk for a touchdown early. You can say the offense is the problem, but our defense let a lousy offense convert third down after third down. The run defense was non existent from the second half on. We got a turn over off a baffling throw by Flaco and a kicker missed a 32 yard loli pop. If we're going to win the Super Bowl Gronk had better come bak, Brady needs to take his head out of his A$$ and the D will have to man up for an entire 60 minutes (get off the field when it's 3rd and 11, 3rd and 15, 3rd and 7).
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

I think Tom sees the Ravens as a big challemge and tries to force his will on them. Dumb Tom. That's what they want you to do, and it very nearly undid us today.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think as a whole the whole team will need to be better (especially Brady)...no dumb lobs into the end zone when all we need is to move the ball 20 yards and eat up some clock - maybe settle for a field goal. Just stupid.

I loved what the defense was giving us early in the game, then the run game started parting like the red sea. I'll say the defense played better than the offense, but they both will need to play way better than that. I think they will.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]A close nailbiter?  Dude, they pretty much deserved to lose if not for the D and a possible coin toss loss if not for a moronic FG by Cundiff. Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled with this gutty win, but we both know there is no way on earth that works in 2 weeks.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

Nobody should slam the D but keep it in perspective. The Ravens averaged 23 points a game this year. If not for MHK intervention that's what they would have scored.

Yeah, Brady was a dope, but the D didn't win the game.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "I sucked pretty bad today..." : The D won the game, Brady said so and anyone but a moron agrees.  They were really good shutting Rice down and containing Smith. Spikes's pick was just a great play and it flipped momentum and should have sealed the game. I specifically stated that would be the gameplan, the NE D did their 20 points and under routine (would have been better without our turnovers, including your boyfriends'), and the offense was not very good. Just step forward and finally admit it.

No!!!, the team won the game today. The offense scored 23 but the defense only gave up 20. Therefore a win. I predicted a close game and expected it all the way. The Patriots games over the Ravens since 2007 almost always go down to the wire (except the blowout playoff loss). I expect next year's regular season matchup to be another nail biter. The Ravens are a great team and they are not quarterbacked by Tebow. Who knows what the Pats face in two weeks. Right now this is all icing on the cake. It's better to win ugly then lose gloriously like in 2006. I'm tired of seeing that game on ESPN classic or on the NFL network.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Hey People,

THE PATRIOTS WON AND ARE IN THE SUPER BOWL!

If someone from another Planet was reading this thread they might think that the Pats lost.  Now we can move on to the next thread on why we can't/won't win the Super Bowl.  :(

I too yelled at the TV and Brady with quite a few expletives when Brady threw that #$%^&ing interception after Spikes had just gotten the ball back. But a win, is a win, is a win, is a win.  This game comes down to which team makes the least mistakes or can overcome their mistakes.  The Patriots scored more points than the Ravens.  IMO, the Patriots Defense played well enough to win and the offense played well enough to win.  Case Closed.

What more do you guys want?  

BTW, this thread was intended to show that Brady is a Class Act and he is. If that makes me a "Brady Washer", then I guess that's TS.  

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RTSully6931. Show RTSully6931's posts

Tom played a pretty poor game, with the two INT's. He was doing pretty damn well throwing the short to intermediate passes, and BJG was the best offensive player on the field. Tom got greedy after the Spikes INT. he wanted to put the ame away with one play. If he had it to do again he'd just get a couple first downs, and probably at least a field goal. Even Tom Brady gets lost in the momoent sometimes, And I also thought that he didn't have the same fire in his eyes that he did last week. Maybe it was a case of a letdown after such an emotional high last week. But give him two weeks and we will see the same guy we saw last week, I think. Will he throw 6 TD's. I doubt it. But I bet he throws 3 anyway. If the D. plays another game like this we win. Vince Wilfork was a BEAST tonight.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Man..........I would rather have heard Brady throw the Defense under the bus!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RonMan. Show RonMan's posts

Man, how spoiled are we!  Only the whiners on this Board would find ways to ruin the positive vibes of reaching another Super Bowl in an era that has been designed to provide parity, AKA "mediocracy" in the NFL.  Horrible drafts, terrible FA acqusitions, crappy coaches (who, oddly,seem to be in demand elsewhere) and inept performances by key players have combined inadvertantly to produce another AFC Champion.  Go figure.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Man, how spoiled are we!  Only the whiners on this Board would find ways to ruin the positive vibes of reaching another Super Bowl in an era that has been designed to provide parity, AKA "mediocracy" in the NFL.  Horrible drafts, terrible FA acqusitions, crappy coaches (who, oddly,seem to be in demand elsewhere) and inept performances by key players have combined inadvertantly to produce another AFC Champion.  Go figure.
    Posted by RonMan[/QUOTE]

Stop whining.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "I sucked pretty bad today..." : The D won the game, Brady said so and anyone but a moron agrees.  They were really good shutting Rice down and containing Smith. Spikes's pick was just a great play and it flipped momentum and should have sealed the game. I specifically stated that would be the gameplan, the NE D did their 20 points and under routine (would have been better without our turnovers, including your boyfriends'), and the offense was not very good. Just step forward and finally admit it.

No you silly twit. MHK won the game. The D let Flaccid march down the field for the tying chip shot FG.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

He was definitely way off, seemed like he was pressing a lot.  That interception Brady threw into triple coverage right after Spikes' HUGE interception was probably the second worst decision I've ever seen Brady make in a playoff game, after the Champ Bailey interception.  (Like freakin' Matthew Slater was going to beat the Ravens triple coverage 50 yards down field?!)

But, Brady usually doesn't have two crap games in a row, and he clearly wants this one badly.  The Giants are a proven nemesis, but I think the Pats win this time.

I've been hating on the defense all year, but they've stepped it up big time so far in the playoffs.  Sterling Moore saved that game (can't believe I said that).

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]... The Giants are a proven nemesis, but I think the Pats win this time. ...
    Posted by Norger[/QUOTE]

i hope you are right.

Sections
Shortcuts