"In one corner of what should have been a devastated locker room, a few were actually laughing."

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

"In one corner of what should have been a devastated locker room, a few were actually laughing."

This according to Mike Reiss. This is clearly not the same team. And signing Junior isn't going to change it. Harrison would have torn someone's head of for this. McGinest? A simple look from McGinest would have done it. Bruschi would have had none of that,

But, McGinest, Bruschi, and Harrison, at one time, were probably probably laughing in a corner when the Pats were going through 9-7 seasons. But they developed into leaders. Whether the Pats can start a new dynasty (or Act II) in the coming years depends, in part, on whether these new players can become leaders or are just about collecting a paycheck. 

Of course, competent coaching (O'Brien, Pees) and discipline has to do with it. And maybe getting blown out and embarrassed a few times will do it too.

But the problem is heart and leadership. And this team no longer has it in spades like it used to. Makes you appreciate the teams of the past even more.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: "In one corner of what should have been a devastated locker room, a few were actually laughing."

Well, the next time someone argues on this board the importance of veteran leadership, now we know.  It's apparently a big factor.  I still think it's nice to have a rebuilding year where you still might win the division and make the playoffs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Re: "In one corner of what should have been a devastated locker room, a few were actually laughing."

I was one of those that underestimated it. God, was I wrong.

At the beginning of the year, i thought this team would be like the 03 group. I missed that by a year. I have expect to see Rick Lyle, Steve Martin, Donald Hayes, and Victor Green in the lineup next week.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: "In one corner of what should have been a devastated locker room, a few were actually laughing.":
    I was one of those that underestimated it. God, was I wrong. At the beginning of the year, i thought this team would be like the 03 group. I missed that by a year. I have expect to see Rick Lyle, Steve Martin, Donald Hayes, and Victor Green in the lineup next week.
    Posted by Caesar1177

I couldn't agree more. I think leadership is important but I thought guys like Brady and Wilfork would provide it. I was wrong and if this were some other team like the Jets I would be describing the effort over the last month as Gutless. Another reason why Tedy Bruschi is my favorite player of all time.

Sections
Shortcuts