"No" to Branch trade rumors

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

"No" to Branch trade rumors

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2010/10/report_trade_fo.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosfan581. Show bosfan581's posts

Re: "No" to Branch trade rumors

what do u mean by no?  the article says its "possible"...same thing that was said about the moss trade.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeisOffenseReturns. Show WeisOffenseReturns's posts

I think he thinks that a savvy veteran who Brady wanted here 2 weeks ago wouldn't be a good pick up at age 31.

Sad, but true.  

If Branch can be had cheap, it's a no brainer in my opinion.

He'd be the 4th or 5th WR here and probably play better than any team's 4th or 5th.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosfan581. Show bosfan581's posts

In Response to Re: "No" to Branch trade rumors:
    [QUOTE]I think he thinks that a savvy veteran who Brady wanted here 2 weeks ago wouldn't be a good pick up at age 31. Sad, but true.   If Branch can be had cheap, it's a no brainer in my opinion. He'd be the 4th or 5th WR here and probably play better than any team's 4th or 5th.
    Posted by WeisOffenseReturns[/QUOTE]

You never know, this is a tricky business.  Randy is 33 and look at his skill.  All Branch needed was his QB back and I dnt know if I trust Brandon Tate at Moss's position just yet.  I think this will be a successful return for Branch if it happens.  *By the way, im crossing my fingers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-Money12. Show J-Money12's posts

If they could get him for a 5th then it would be a steal. Definetly NOT a diva and would be a good locker room influence. Not even to mention the connection between him and brady.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I'm all for bring back Branch to NE, if healthy he would have a major impact on this offense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

No thanks. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-dude. Show The-dude's posts

If Branch is healthy, I can see the Pats going after him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

If this happens I would hope he does not cut into playing time of WW,Tate,Edelman,OR Woodhead.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Yeah why not

For our 4th or 5th rd pick?

We have Denver's likely better 4th and a compensation 5th pick for losing Ben Watson.

BB doesn't make in season trades for players very often, guys like that WR we got from Oakland in '06 (whose name I can't even remember - help me out!) usually take too long to pick up what we are doing here. 

Page was acquired before the season started and it took till week 3-4 (and Merriweather's poor play) for him to start getting burn and will prob take 2-3 more weeks to get to get the performances from he that he had last year.

But Branch's comfort level w/ Brady and the likely return to the style of offense that we ran in his last 3 seasons (03-05) will make him fit in seamlessly as a 4th or 5th option.

Gronk and Hernandez are the new Graham/Watson (only better even as rookies) and Welker is the player Deon wasback then (78 receptions and 5 TD's his final season).

That team had Givens as the tough as nails #2 WR, a 6' 210 lb 55 reception guy. We don't have that player yet, but Taylor Price is 6' 205 and if he gets healthy and into this offense could eventually be like a Givens. 

Those 03-05 teams only had 1 speed guy and it was Bethel Johnson, who got worse each year. Tate appears ready to be everything we thought Bethel might be, and more than make up for a lack of that Givens style #2.

That team in '05 had Tim Dwight catch 19 balls and had David Patten avg 27 between 03-04, that is like Edelman. Troy Brown caught 39 passes in '05. That is all we'd expect of Branch if we brought him back.

Graham/Fauria - Gronk/Crumpler
    Watson - Hernandez
    Branch - Welker
    Bethel - Tate
    Givens - Price
    Brown - Branch
    Patten/Dwight - Edelman

I'd like our current class of WR's, esp moving forward, than the crew we had in 03-05.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Branch is 31 already?  Wow time flies.  Hard to believe he'd have the same quickness as back in the day.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeisOffenseReturns. Show WeisOffenseReturns's posts

He doesn't need quickness like he had.  He needs to be able to run the route and be in the right spot.

He wouldn't be the #1 option here. He'd be 4th or more likely the 5th behind Tate and Edelman.

Hernandez is a WR in this offense, so Branch would be a #5. A really effective #5.

This isn't about speed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

I haven't followed him closely since his first year with the 'hawks, so this is a shot in the dark for me.  If he can run like it's 2005 let's do it, then again the fact that hes traid bait due to Brandon Stokley tells you something...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

No on my part, unless it was for next to nothing compensation.  Chances are he'd only play a few games before getting injured again.  I like the young guys on our team and I'd rather see them develop.  In fact, it's a blast watching these players develop.  Football is a game with a business model behind it.  I'm enjoying the "game" watching all of these young players come together.  We'll be competitive this year with who we have.  Will we win the SB?  I don't think this is our year.  That's OK with me.  I think we have a bright future.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeisOffenseReturns. Show WeisOffenseReturns's posts

[QUOTE]I haven't followed him closely since his first year with the 'hawks, so this is a shot in the dark for me.  If he can run like it's 2005 let's do it, then again the fact that hes traid bait due to Brandon Stokley tells you something...
    Posted by andrewmcintosh[/QUOTE]

No it doesn't.  Branch would have been cut if he wasn't healthy.  Seattle is rebuilding.

Stokley was cut and Seattle is giving him a look.

I don't see the two as inclusive.   Carroll said it would be hard for him to part with Branch.

Branch has been healthier this year than he has in recent seasons.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Really carroll said that he would find it hard to lose Branch? He darn near cut him at the end of pre-season! He has brought in several ex-Trojans too try out for his team and lets face it Louisville ain't nowheres near LA! He would give up Branch in a heartbeat if the right offer came across his table. BB just isn't going to give up any of those draft choices from the first thru 4rth rounds.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I guess I'd rather us pick up a different player that we could actually make a decent impact on defense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Branch is 31, and damaged goods. If the Pats can get him for a 7th rounder, fine. Otherwise...they should pass. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeisOffenseReturns. Show WeisOffenseReturns's posts

He's been solid so far this year on a poor passing team.   PLus, Brady requested his presence here. I'd do what the man wants.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]He's been solid so far this year on a poor passing team.   PLus, Brady requested his presence here. I'd do what the man wants.
    Posted by WeisOffenseReturns[/QUOTE]

Check out Deion's stats in his Seattle years: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=3593 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

It shouldn't take a 4th or anything lower to acquire Branch. We should be able to acquire him if interested for a 5th or greater. Seattle doesn't have much leverage, and to be honest, we are not WR starved either at the moment. Branch is a nice compliment to a deep receiving corps (i'm including everyone, not just WRs). So, if you believe he is a 4th/5th WR, then compensation for him should follow accordingly. I see a 5th or 6th for him at best and make the pick contingent on a few things, one of which is injury. Give them a 6th and say if he plays the season without injury or whatever, the deal elevates to a 5. Something to that affect. 

I'm kind of mixed on Branch right now. Personally I would like to see Taylor Price step in and play some. He needs to develop and there is no pressure on him as a 4th/5th WR coming off the bench.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

Wow you people have short memories. Not a diva huh? Hmmmmm Why did Twig leave? Oh yeah the "not a diva" thought he should be paid like a legit #1 receiver which he was not.The "not a diva" held out.The "not a diva" immediately trashed his teammates saying the Seattle offense was much more dynamic than NE's. Also "not a diva" is made of glass,and not thick glass either that stuff they use to make fake beer bottles in movies. If for some odd reason Seattle ends up shipping him to us I hope they use lots of packing peanuts.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah why not For our 4th or 5th rd pick? We have Denver's likely better 4th and a compensation 5th pick for losing Ben Watson. BB doesn't make in season trades for players very often, guys like that WR we got from Oakland in '06 (whose name I can't even remember - help me out!) usually take too long to pick up what we are doing here.  Page was acquired before the season started and it took till week 3-4 (and Merriweather's poor play) for him to start getting burn and will prob take 2-3 more weeks to get to get the performances from he that he had last year. But Branch's comfort level w/ Brady and the likely return to the style of offense that we ran in his last 3 seasons (03-05) will make him fit in seamlessly as a 4th or 5th option. Gronk and Hernandez are the new Graham/Watson (only better even as rookies) and Welker is the player Deon wasback then (78 receptions and 5 TD's his final season). That team had Givens as the tough as nails #2 WR, a 6' 210 lb 55 reception guy. We don't have that player yet, but Taylor Price is 6' 205 and if he gets healthy and into this offense could eventually be like a Givens.  Those 03-05 teams only had 1 speed guy and it was Bethel Johnson, who got worse each year. Tate appears ready to be everything we thought Bethel might be, and more than make up for a lack of that Givens style #2. That team in '05 had Tim Dwight catch 19 balls and had David Patten avg 27 between 03-04, that is like Edelman. Troy Brown caught 39 passes in '05. That is all we'd expect of Branch if we brought him back. Graham/Fauria - Gronk/Crumpler Watson - Hernandez Branch - Welker Bethel - Tate Givens - Price Brown - Branch Patten/Dwight - Edelman I'd like our current class of WR's, esp moving forward, than the crew we had in 03-05.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

I'd have to disagree, the group we have now is lacking in one major thing, Experience.
    Givens, Branch, Patten, Fauria and Graham all had it and in fact for the most part were in their primes. Tate, Edelman, Price, Hernandez and Gronk have very, very little experience. In fact Price has never seen the field, Edelman has been a reciever for only a year and he was hurt at that. Tate is really in his first year in the NFL and is coming off an injury and the tight ends although look great, are just rookies and are sure to hit bumps, probably when it's cold and the games are important. Welker is coming off the injury as well:(

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]     Branch is 31, and damaged goods. If the Pats can get him for a 7th rounder, fine. Otherwise...they should pass. 
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

I agree, a 7th rounder and the notion that he is just an insurance policy and mentor.

Sections
Shortcuts