"Outcoached"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

"Outcoached"

I see a number of people on this site claiming that Belichick was outcoached.  I couldn't disagree more.

The Patriots lost yesterday's game because of mistakes, not because of Belichick.  The team was put in positions where they could have capitalized, and they didn't.

There's a nice summary of the play-by-play here:

Things that Belichick didn't do:
    -Belichick didn't commit a roughing the passer penalty (of the dumb, you should be more alert sort) like Ty Warren did
    -Belichick didn't neglect to hit the nearest receiver (Brandon Marshall) on Rob Ninkovich's tipped pass so they couldn't break up the interception
    -He also didn't miss Moss open on the 15 yard hook towards the sidelines on 3rd and 4 to start the 3rd quarter
    -Belichick didn't miss Moss wide open in the end zone on the best run play of the day in the middle of the third quarter (Welker as wideout, Moss in twins bunch, Welker gets the corner to bite on the curl, defense falls asleep and rolls safety help to the wrong side of the field)
    -He didn't miss the field goal that would have been the difference in the game
    -He didn't tip the ball away from teammates with one hand instead of trying to catch it or tip it towards teammates like Wilhite did, thereby negating an interception and extending a scoring drive
    -He didn't taunt Eddie Royal
    -He didn't miss Welker wide open with nobody between him and the end zone
    -He didn't get beat on a strip sack by Vonnie Holliday like Mankins was

Based on his keeping players on their toes by constantly quizzing them on situational football, the players should have been prepared to think on their toes when Denver shifted formations between Wild Horses and singleback.

I think it's important to remember: BELICHICK DIDN'T PLAY

In my eyes, this loss falls squarely on the players for not making the most of their squandered chances, especially the potential turnovers that could have either broken the game open or prevented Broncos' scoring drives.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

Re: "Outcoached"

In Response to "Outcoached":
    I see a number of people on this site claiming that Belichick was outcoached.  I couldn't disagree more. The Patriots lost yesterday's game because of mistakes, not because of Belichick.  The team was put in positions where they could have capitalized, and they didn't. There's a nice summary of the play-by-play here: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gamecenter/playbyplay/NFL_20091011_NE@DEN Things that Belichick didn't do: -Belichick didn't commit a roughing the passer penalty (of the dumb, you should be more alert sort) like Ty Warren did -Belichick didn't neglect to hit the nearest receiver (Brandon Marshall) on Rob Ninkovich's tipped pass so they couldn't break up the interception -He also didn't miss Moss open on the 15 yard hook towards the sidelines on 3rd and 4 to start the 3rd quarter -Belichick didn't miss Moss wide open in the end zone on the best run play of the day in the middle of the third quarter (Welker as wideout, Moss in twins bunch, Welker gets the corner to bite on the curl, defense falls asleep and rolls safety help to the wrong side of the field) -He didn't miss the field goal that would have been the difference in the game -He didn't tip the ball away from teammates with one hand instead of trying to catch it or tip it towards teammates like Wilhite did, thereby negating an interception and extending a scoring drive -He didn't taunt Eddie Royal -He didn't miss Welker wide open with nobody between him and the end zone -He didn't get beat on a strip sack by Vonnie Holliday like Mankins was Based on his keeping players on their toes by constantly quizzing them on situational football, the players should have been prepared to think on their toes when Denver shifted formations between Wild Horses and singleback. I think it's important to remember: BELICHICK DIDN'T PLAY In my eyes, this loss falls squarely on the players for not making the most of their squandered chances, especially the potential turnovers that could have either broken the game open or prevented Broncos' scoring drives.
    Posted by NickC1188
      Whomever is in charge of any organization the person that makes the decisions is the one that receives the credit when things go well however when they go as this season has gone thus far and the lack of prepardiness of this team falls on BB's shoulders. His staff was chosen by him, the players on the field were choosen by him and their prepardness or lack of is his responsibility and they were poorly trained.

Sections
Shortcuts