"Patriots really really love OLB/DE Chandler Jones"

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Re: "Patriots really really love OLB/DE Chandler Jones"

When have the Patriots ever drafted someone they were rumored to be "very, very interested" in?  The Pats almost always hide that stuff very well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I imagine they want the jets to move up to get him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Ya, they loved Tim Tebo too.  Even took him out and showed him the town.
    Do you really think they show their hand like that so some one like the Jest can just come in a grab him because they know the Pats want him?  Or not give him a good trade because they know who he's targeting, so they play hard ball.
    BB being BB.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

mthurl the Jets really want Ingram though I can picture the Pats trying to get them to bite, along with say Cinn who might be the only road block for Upshaw to make it to the Pats at #27?

Jones is one huge question mark honestly and his rise is similar to how Gholston rose. He's the classic hit or miss player who's very raw and needs to develop more pass rushing moves in addition to his bull rush and speed around the edge moves.

This wreaks of what the Pats did in 03' when the Jets traded up for Robertson and we were really targeting Warren or in 08' when the Pats were in love with Gholston and the Jets took him when the Pats really wanted Mayo.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

In Response to Re: "Patriots really really love OLB/DE Chandler Jones":
    [QUOTE]When have the Patriots ever drafted someone they were rumored to be "very, very interested" in?  The Pats almost always hide that stuff very well.
    Posted by titletownfan[/QUOTE]
    +1 on this. I love it whenever someone says the 'Pats are high on ______'. There are maybe two people who actually know who the Pats like, BB and NC, and I am not sure BB even tells Nick. Those guys don't talk to anyone so whatever the rumors are, they are bs.
    I actually know for a fact that BB is high on Luck and RGIII for whatever it is worth. Beyond that I have no clue and no one else does either.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to "Patriots really really love OLB/DE Chandler Jones":
    [QUOTE]Citing a source with knowledge of the situation, NFL Network's Stacey Dales reports that the Patriots "really, really like" Syracuse DE Chandler Jones. Posted by ricky12684[/QUOTE]

LOL, another BB tactic to get other teams interested, so he can distract them from who he really covets

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]mthurl the Jets really want Ingram though I can picture the Pats trying to get them to bite, along with say Cinn who might be the only road block for Upshaw to make it to the Pats at #27? Jones is one huge question mark honestly and his rise is similar to how Gholston rose. He's the classic hit or miss player who's very raw and needs to develop more pass rushing moves in addition to his bull rush and speed around the edge moves. This wreaks of what the Pats did in 03' when the Jets traded up for Robertson and we were really targeting Warren or in 08' when the Pats were in love with Gholston and the Jets took him when the Pats really wanted Mayo.
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I really can't see us taking him to be honest with you, unless we're going to very seriously make a solid switch to the 43 (which may be the case). Jones looks too heavy to run around at the 34 outside backer spot...this guy is big. Every piece of film I saw of him had him with his hand in the ground rushing up field. He seems to move very well for a 43 defensive end, but to me not well enough to play outside. He does look very strong and fights through blocks etc, but I really can't picture this guy playing in space (and you got to figure he'll get heavier and larger as he gets older).

I seriously think Jones is going to be a 43 end.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeFoyFan. Show JoeFoyFan's posts

The days, hours, minutes and seconds of misleading and lying up to the draft are really interesting.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Just my outsider's guess, but I think this particular source is telling the truth.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Truth is,just like every other rumor about what the Patriots like and don't like as far as the draft is concerned,this one is false also!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Pats appearently held an 11th hour workout for Kendell Wright and now every thinks they will draft him at #27. So in the last week we've heard the Pats really like McClellin, really really like Jones, might trade up for Barron, and now that they are going to take Wright at #27. So which player did they bring in for a workout that we haven't heard 1 peep about. That's most likely who they will take

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Pats appearently held an 11th hour workout for Kendell Wright and now every thinks they will draft him at #27. So in the last week we've heard the Pats really like McClellin, really really like Jones, might trade up for Barron, and now that they are going to take Wright at #27. So which player did they bring in for a workout that we haven't heard 1 peep about. That's most likely who they will take
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

"So which player did they bring in for a workout that we haven't heard 1 peep about. That's most likely who they will take"

prolly.
    i concur

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaflentje. Show jaflentje's posts

I really hope we draft Courtney Upshaw! Great and relentless !!! A beast!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

[QUOTE]Pats appearently held an 11th hour workout for Kendell Wright and now every thinks they will draft him at #27. So in the last week we've heard the Pats really like McClellin, really really like Jones, might trade up for Barron, and now that they are going to take Wright at #27. So which player did they bring in for a workout that we haven't heard 1 peep about. That's most likely who they will take
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]Coukd not of said it better. Agreed

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

ALL:

I Love this guy...I really do.  He IS my #2 to Quinn...  Many consensus rated guys are in between, but he's my #2.  It's funny, after I saw the film and knowing he obviously plays for Syracuse, I actually said to myself, "Ya know what- I bet anything Jones is an original New York Native too."  Answer was, Yes he is...  Here's the thing that'chll both say is ridiculous and also say is treasoneous:  You CAN SEE a sorta absolutely fearlessly unapologetic swagger to the top athletes in things like football and basketball, when they originally hail from New York as their home state...  I'm sorry if ya don't believe, or if you can't...but you really ARE able to see this.

And when I watch this guy, Chandler Jones plays with it= Absolute & certain in his swagger...  It's not simply like this guy just hustles or anything (he does-scary so)...but it's his instincts and absolute determination in his play...It's almost like IF I had to describe his play, it would be: Confident, Street Smart, and Ferocious...  G'head watch Jones' tapes...THEN you can come back and say that I'm incorrect here, only then after seeing him.

It's like this guy broke football into 1 thought: "Go after football, try to get it- If man with it, kill him, THEN try to get ball..."  Lmao, I'm serious- He's just an animal on the field...  Not by power or force or talk or athleticism- Yea, he's got those...idk- Man, this guy WANTS that football...REAL Bad.  Plays like James Harrison with Brandon Spikes uncanny recognition to see WHERE the play WILL go...oh, and he's got the 6'5 262lb size of Willie McGinest.  

~~

Lol...admittedly I passed over him, Liking only Coples...then a 1000 mile 2nd place, Whitney Mercilus (god I wanted to believe in Nick Perry though)...then a 1300 3rd place (and draft position playing a part here), was Andre Branch.  And honestly, I don't actually really LOVE either Mercilus or Branch...I just don't DIS-like them as much as the others. 

But this guy?!? 

<Alright, so here I'm gonna tell'ya why the original snub on Jones here, o.k.? />

Blame Pete Carrol...Mid to 2/3rds down 1st Rounder on This Safety out of Syracuse, which actually was THE 1st Ostensible Prediction of A Superbowl TO, a unstoppable downturn to come under his regime. 

It took Chandler Jones' film to convince me to take a look again at these guys (yes, I hold a grudge a long time...I'm currently holding onto a lesser but very real one w/ U of M for Merriweather). 
    People, this guy deserves your own film inspection of him, so just check him out=Very savy...Very Ferocious.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Pats just moved up, looks like he's the guy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Ayuh.  I don't know everything, but I'll assume his knee injury seems healed.  He has 35 1/2" arms.  The hope is that no offensive lineman can get inside his body so he keeps getting loose, and he makes quarterbacks think twice (which is great!) when he swats balls straight up in the air with that 6'5" height and extra reach.  And he jumps 35 inches on top of that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

His brother Jon "Bones" is a freak athlete, the best MMA fighter in the world (yeah yeah some of you may not respect it, that aside). Good bloodline, brothers have great work ethic, he's a pastors son, seems to me like a good safe pick with a lot of potential upside (health aside).

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In Response to "Patriots really really love OLB/DE Chandler Jones":
    [QUOTE]Citing a source with knowledge of the situation, NFL Network's Stacey Dales reports that the Patriots "really, really like" Syracuse DE Chandler Jones. Dales is currently in Foxboro, so this is a step up from your normal speculation. Jones is projected to come off the board in the middle of round one, but New England doesn't pick until No. 27. It's likely that they'd need to move up, at least, a half-dozen picks to land Jones' services. Skyrocketing up draft boards over the last few days, Jones would help replace the snaps of free agent Andre Carter. http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football
    Posted by ricky12684[/QUOTE]

Good call Ricky.