"Patriots really really love OLB/DE Chandler Jones"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Re: "Patriots really really love OLB/DE Chandler Jones"

In Response to Re: "Patriots really really love OLB/DE Chandler Jones":
    Ayuh.  I don't know everything, but I'll assume his knee injury seems healed.  He has 35 1/2" arms.  The hope is that no offensive lineman can get inside his body so he keeps getting loose, and he makes quarterbacks think twice (which is great!) when he swats balls straight up in the air with that 6'5" height and extra reach.  And he jumps 35 inches on top of that.
    Posted by Paul_K

Even if he doesn't get all the way to the QB picture someone trying to throw over or around him with that huge wingspan.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

When have the Patriots ever drafted someone they were rumored to be "very, very interested" in?  The Pats almost always hide that stuff very well.
    Posted by titletownfan

Time to eat some hunble pie

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In Response to Re: "Patriots really really love OLB/DE Chandler Jones" : thanks, but i can't really take credit for predicting the pick. i was just passing along the rumor.
    Posted by ricky12684

nice job ricky--my syracuse friends love him!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The question is...how the hell did this rumor get leaked in the first place? This kind of stuff never happens in Patriot land.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The question is...how the hell did this rumor get leaked in the first place? This kind of stuff never happens in Patriot land.
    Posted by mthurl

It was all a clever ploy.  After years of leaking false rumors and never revealing his true intentions Bill knew that by leaking who he actually wanted that he could keep it a secret because no one would believe it.  Case in point: this thread.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

^ He looks happy! Great moves by BB on draft day! 3 guys who can start and get after the QB right away, and a 3 year startting safety from a big program! Love it and props to Ricky and Laz, and I will toot my own horn as in a  pre draft thread I wanted Jones at 27 over Branch or Perry.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKvSc16aQ1w

Great video of the phone call from NE!

Welcome to NE!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Here ALL:

This was 1 of the 2 videos which quickly sold me on this guy, right off the bat (a rare occurence):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtSUS9VoV2s

Want'cha to check out 2 parts, Lol- Totally different on the things to take away from each one-

The first is I believe, the 2nd actual on-field highlight.  It's against UConn- Running Play, Chandler Jones (#99)- O.k., check this- I SAW that, and then doing some scouting takes written looks in the interum, 1 statement actually made me go back because what 1 scout said actually keyed this very play back into mind...  I believe the scout said something like, "He uses his lower body AND upper boddy working independantly and at the same time."  Lol, I am telling you right now, THIS very highlight is what led the scout to offer that juicy tidbit up (and he's right...he nailed it).  

Just LOOK at Jones on this play, and try to recognize the sheer insanity to do what he was able to do...  Jones is just in the muck here, being washed from left to right attempting to deal with the 2 UConn guys trying to tie him up...  No leverage, 2 Blockers and ALL the flow sending him from left to right...  Jones, is BOTH- Able to use his upper body in order to try to defeat, or at least try to maintain his fight through this flow and the 2 blockers sending him in the opposite direction, WHILE still BOTH anchoring (staying solid and not giving up ground)- AS (and this can-NOT be easy) Jones is twisting his legs in order to turn the opposite way in order to re-establish himself to be in a spot to make a play on the ballcarrier (recall again-Upper body still both forward and fighting through the 2 blockers and total flow sending him towards the right-side)

<Yes btw, this relates heavily when you're determing whether or not you FINALLY will actually take the gamble of acquiring a 4-3 DE with your Rd 1 Selection, and hoping he can be BOTH a Pro 4-3 DE AND be able to operate independantly and fluidly in space when you use him as a 3-4 OLB too />  

What does Jones do next?  He's not only agile and crazy independantly fluid enough in order to swing around to tackle the ball-carrier...BUT (LOL!)- he hits the guy so f#0k!n' hard that the UConn RB actually stops going forward entirely AND buckles at the impact...  Oh, but the sheer force of the hit actually isn't in fact, what causes the Funble...No- Chandler Jones in this whole process, after doing what he did, IS actually good enough to strip the ball in the midst of the split second fall to the ground after knockin' this guy silly (he's actually able to swing his right arm in before the final fall, and RIP the ball straight outta the buckled RB's full grasp)...

Here's what your learned analysis should be after seein' that one:  "THAT m-f##k-a's Goood!"

~~

You'll like the funny last one (although the one where he flies from the LOS out into the flat in order to crush the wideout @ the :52 mark is pretty fun)-

Starts @ the 1:15 mark...  Idk- I'm just sayin', I TRULLY believe that IF I am ever able to actually get that A1 quality attack Doberman with those deep prussian bloodlines, I really believe IF there was some instance where he ripped the throat outta some home intruder- yeaaa, Odds are I'd just lovingly smack my appreciation on his forehead the way #1's doin' to Jones right here...  He's probably sayin', "Good boy! Goooood Boy!! Huh? Wha's say we get'cha to the sideline for some delicatable raw meat to show what a GOOD boy you were (please don't eat me)!"

Ya kinda have to recognize that the force of the love-tap directly correlates to whether you raise baby-faced kittens...orrr, If you have a 2 ton pet Spanish Bull who sharpens his horns on asphalt and whose favorite dish is a bucket of blood.

Usually the songs on these highlight's often svck...  This 1 started wearin' on me though.  It went from mute, slowly higher and higher into louder & louder volume- It works- I'm not exactly sure if Chandler Jones is an actual human being or some kind of trained attack animal <see my thread on Page 3 or 4, If ya wanna discuss the further merits I propose of having more defenders whom could very readily diagnosed with the "psychopath" label, on & for this NE Football Team />    

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PMacPatFan. Show PMacPatFan's posts

You deserve a beer and a "whatever-you-want" from the chick of your choice for this.

Seriously, nice call!!

ALL : I Love this guy...I really do.  He IS my #2 to Quinn...  Many consensus rated guys are in between, but he's my #2.  It's funny, after I saw the film and knowing he obviously plays for Syracuse, I actually said to myself, "Ya know what- I bet anything Jones is an original New York Native too."  Answer was, Yes he is...  Here's the thing that'chll both say is ridiculous and also say is treasoneous:  You CAN SEE a sorta absolutely fearlessly unapologetic swagger to the top athletes in things like football and basketball, when they originally hail from New York as their home state...  I'm sorry if ya don't believe, or if you can't...but you really ARE able to see this. And when I watch this guy, Chandler Jones plays with it= Absolute & certain in his swagger...  It's not simply like this guy just hustles or anything (he does-scary so)...but it's his instincts and absolute determination in his play...It's almost like IF I had to describe his play, it would be: Confident, Street Smart, and Ferocious...  G'head watch Jones' tapes...THEN you can come back and say that I'm incorrect here, only then after seeing him. It's like this guy broke football into 1 thought: "Go after football, try to get it- If man with it, kill him, THEN try to get ball..."  Lmao, I'm serious- He's just an animal on the field...  Not by power or force or talk or athleticism- Yea, he's got those...idk- Man, this guy WANTS that football...REAL Bad.  Plays like James Harrison with Brandon Spikes uncanny recognition to see WHERE the play WILL go...oh, and he's got the 6'5 262lb size of Willie McGinest.   ~~ Lol...admittedly I passed over him, Liking only Coples...then a 1000 mile 2nd place, Whitney Mercilus (god I wanted to believe in Nick Perry though)...then a 1300 3rd place (and draft position playing a part here), was Andre Branch.  And honestly, I don't actually really LOVE either Mercilus or Branch...I just don't DIS-like them as much as the others.  But this guy?!?  <Alright, so here I'm gonna tell'ya why the original snub on Jones here, o.k.? /> Blame Pete Carrol...Mid to 2/3rds down 1st Rounder on This Safety out of Syracuse, which actually was THE 1st Ostensible Prediction of A Superbowl TO, a unstoppable downturn to come under his regime.  It took Chandler Jones' film to convince me to take a look again at these guys (yes, I hold a grudge a long time...I'm currently holding onto a lesser but very real one w/ U of M for Merriweather).  People, this guy deserves your own film inspection of him, so just check him out=Very savy...Very Ferocious.  
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

You deserve a beer and a "whatever-you-want" from the chick of your choice for this. Seriously, nice call!! In Response to Re: "Patriots really really love OLB/DE Chandler Jones" :
    Posted by PMacPatFan

Alright, there it is- You ALL heard 'im...so:

I want either:

A> A hot black chick w/ just a b#ngin' body...  Since that's hard enough to find as it is, I'll decide to not stop there, and thus add-in that I would ALSO like for her to be well-spoken + have long natural hair (I'm lovin' when they sport those sorta tube braids...not intertwined and actually braded- Just the size of those braids, but in those wild natural crazy flowin' tubes).

Secondary option...

B (A AND B=also fine)> Gonna be a tad bit tougher on the overly shallow & excessively entitled white american chick:  Brunette...I probably need some sorta track athlete background into her physical appearance (THIS girl should have just about roughly an ounce to an ounce and half of total fat on her body).  Let's seeeee <*click-click-click>- She needs to have forsaken the idea that she derives any of her self-worth whatsoever, Through material possessions (but that's just because I do, and also because my values are better than her st#p!d ones)...BUT, it would help IF her parents came from serious wealth (somewhere within that 5-20 million dollar range...no more, no less)..."Family Wealth" of which, she has entirely forsaken (but she's obviously still in good with her fam...but not "reaaal, REAL good").  Oh, lol- Yup, She's a Liberal but she hates h!ppies (I'm asking for an actual liberal, not some !mbec!le who took an undergrad course where she read "On the Road" and then decided to sieze the day and abandon "society's values", by headin' cross-country in her Audi, & livin' the "beat-life" on "only" the $12,000 her daddy threw her in expense account for the trip.  Things which obviously go without saying- Clean Bill'a Health, No tattoos (I'm halfway into my left sleeve, but I demand she not have 1)...  Maybe 1 on her foot though, some crazy portrait (I better not get wind of either a Lily, a butterfly OR a nautical star)- Ahh, look I'll just pick the design just so she doesn't scr#w it up & do it all wrong (If I decide she's gettin' one, that is).  Other than that, the rest is pretty simple, ya know- A-list Fashion Model face...unless her bod's slammin'- Then, I don't really care if she just has a regular model face, to go along in either case with- her polite, humble, self-deprecating, and absolutely determined, loyal, totally fearless & dedicated demeanor.  Oh, wuups- Well-read...  I can EVEN take "smarter than myself", BUT: We would have ta tinker 'round with some add-ons in the "quiet, humble, dedicated, and loyal" department IF we end up inevitably deciding on this.  Honestly though, If there's 1 part which ya need to mail-it-in with in terms of the quality she's bringin'- It's definately under this "Overall Intelligence" area...again, no complaints: NOT An Absolute "REQUIREMENT" she have this quality in droves.  Oooo very good, glad I brought this up in order to personally b-#tch about something else: No...She should never complain- I mean, never reaaaally "complain" (I DO want a human...not a dog- If this understandably wasn't fully understood at the onset, I'm clarifying this right now).  

Pretty simple really when ya think about it (I've never been a hard person to please).  

Sections
Shortcuts