"Patriots really really love OLB/DE Chandler Jones"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Re: "Patriots really really love OLB/DE Chandler Jones"

In Response to Re: "Patriots really really love OLB/DE Chandler Jones":
    Ayuh.  I don't know everything, but I'll assume his knee injury seems healed.  He has 35 1/2" arms.  The hope is that no offensive lineman can get inside his body so he keeps getting loose, and he makes quarterbacks think twice (which is great!) when he swats balls straight up in the air with that 6'5" height and extra reach.  And he jumps 35 inches on top of that.
    Posted by Paul_K

Even if he doesn't get all the way to the QB picture someone trying to throw over or around him with that huge wingspan.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

When have the Patriots ever drafted someone they were rumored to be "very, very interested" in?  The Pats almost always hide that stuff very well.
    Posted by titletownfan

Time to eat some hunble pie

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In Response to Re: "Patriots really really love OLB/DE Chandler Jones" : thanks, but i can't really take credit for predicting the pick. i was just passing along the rumor.
    Posted by ricky12684

nice job ricky--my syracuse friends love him!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The question is...how the hell did this rumor get leaked in the first place? This kind of stuff never happens in Patriot land.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The question is...how the hell did this rumor get leaked in the first place? This kind of stuff never happens in Patriot land.
    Posted by mthurl

It was all a clever ploy.  After years of leaking false rumors and never revealing his true intentions Bill knew that by leaking who he actually wanted that he could keep it a secret because no one would believe it.  Case in point: this thread.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

^ He looks happy! Great moves by BB on draft day! 3 guys who can start and get after the QB right away, and a 3 year startting safety from a big program! Love it and props to Ricky and Laz, and I will toot my own horn as in a  pre draft thread I wanted Jones at 27 over Branch or Perry.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKvSc16aQ1w

Great video of the phone call from NE!

Welcome to NE!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PMacPatFan. Show PMacPatFan's posts

You deserve a beer and a "whatever-you-want" from the chick of your choice for this.

Seriously, nice call!!

ALL : I Love this guy...I really do.  He IS my #2 to Quinn...  Many consensus rated guys are in between, but he's my #2.  It's funny, after I saw the film and knowing he obviously plays for Syracuse, I actually said to myself, "Ya know what- I bet anything Jones is an original New York Native too."  Answer was, Yes he is...  Here's the thing that'chll both say is ridiculous and also say is treasoneous:  You CAN SEE a sorta absolutely fearlessly unapologetic swagger to the top athletes in things like football and basketball, when they originally hail from New York as their home state...  I'm sorry if ya don't believe, or if you can't...but you really ARE able to see this. And when I watch this guy, Chandler Jones plays with it= Absolute & certain in his swagger...  It's not simply like this guy just hustles or anything (he does-scary so)...but it's his instincts and absolute determination in his play...It's almost like IF I had to describe his play, it would be: Confident, Street Smart, and Ferocious...  G'head watch Jones' tapes...THEN you can come back and say that I'm incorrect here, only then after seeing him. It's like this guy broke football into 1 thought: "Go after football, try to get it- If man with it, kill him, THEN try to get ball..."  Lmao, I'm serious- He's just an animal on the field...  Not by power or force or talk or athleticism- Yea, he's got those...idk- Man, this guy WANTS that football...REAL Bad.  Plays like James Harrison with Brandon Spikes uncanny recognition to see WHERE the play WILL go...oh, and he's got the 6'5 262lb size of Willie McGinest.   ~~ Lol...admittedly I passed over him, Liking only Coples...then a 1000 mile 2nd place, Whitney Mercilus (god I wanted to believe in Nick Perry though)...then a 1300 3rd place (and draft position playing a part here), was Andre Branch.  And honestly, I don't actually really LOVE either Mercilus or Branch...I just don't DIS-like them as much as the others.  But this guy?!?  <Alright, so here I'm gonna tell'ya why the original snub on Jones here, o.k.? /> Blame Pete Carrol...Mid to 2/3rds down 1st Rounder on This Safety out of Syracuse, which actually was THE 1st Ostensible Prediction of A Superbowl TO, a unstoppable downturn to come under his regime.  It took Chandler Jones' film to convince me to take a look again at these guys (yes, I hold a grudge a long time...I'm currently holding onto a lesser but very real one w/ U of M for Merriweather).  People, this guy deserves your own film inspection of him, so just check him out=Very savy...Very Ferocious.  
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

14. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts