"Spread the Ball" is coming back!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

"Spread the Ball" is coming back!

Last year the offense was just way too predictable, the ball was going to either Moss or Welker.  Well, thankfully, I believe the "spread the ball" days of 2001-2005 are coming back.  

With Moss, Welker, Holt, Edelman, Tate, Price, Gronkowski, and Hernandez, Tommy now has a lot of explosive talent to throw to.  I hope they find a way to use all of them and keep the defense guessing.  Let's get back to the championship ways of the first half of the decade.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: "Spread the Ball" is coming back!

Now this is what I wanted to get back to. A lot of possession route runner type of WR's (well except Moss not being so much a route runner or him and Price not being possession guys but you do need down field threats every so often)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Exactly.  I would have absolutely no problem if no receiver has over 40 catches, if 7-8 guys are all in that range.  The offense would be more consistent that way.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Yeah I agree, think you have to be very intrigued with some of the things they have added without giving up much at all. Holt was not much money, 3rd rounder for a fast outside type that we needed, 4th rounder for a 2nd round value recieving tight end, 2nd rounder for a guy that has 1st round talent.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The more I read on Price the more I like but I keep hearing he's raw in his routes and moves. Think Holt and Patten will show him a couple things and improve that part of his game?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

The only problem with this is what happens to "Run the Ball!" Clearly there will be no change in philosophy, which is OK, but I was hoping for a bit more "pound the rock" type mentality coming back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: "Spread the Ball" is coming back!:
    The only problem with this is what happens to "Run the Ball!" Clearly there will be no change in philosophy, which is OK, but I was hoping for a bit more "pound the rock" type mentality coming back.
    Posted by seattlemaslow

well spreading the ball around means you can't key in on a couple WR's and load the box for the run. So, spreading the ball helps the running game. I agree though that we still need a power back for those short hard yrds that Maroney seems scared of and Morris can't stay on the field for

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

In Response to Re: "Spread the Ball" is coming back!:
    The more I read on Price the more I like but I keep hearing he's raw in his routes and moves. Think Holt and Patten will show him a couple things and improve that part of his game?
    Posted by PatsEng

He may be raw in terms of route concepts, but he's very good at getting in and out of his breaks.  So, with some NFL coaching, his route running should improve naturally.  The offense he had in college just wasn't good at all.  The other thing is that had an extremely high GPA in college and is supposedly very smart, so he should be a fast learner.  And as you said, having guys like Holt, Patten, Welker, and Moss to mentor him, as well as the other young receivers, certainly helps.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccusson1122. Show ccusson1122's posts

poor patten wont even make the roster ....

Sections
Shortcuts