"STATS ARE FOR LOSERS....THE FINAL SCORE IS FOR WINNERS"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

"STATS ARE FOR LOSERS....THE FINAL SCORE IS FOR WINNERS"

Bill Belichik, Another Quote for the AGES!

Hopefully this turns the team around.......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

Re: "STATS ARE FOR LOSERS....THE FINAL SCORE IS FOR WINNERS"

Bill was CLEARLY irritated by the Panther's DB's.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

i LOVED this.  he verbally reamed those DBs

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochfan. Show rochfan's posts

Don't worry..I'm sure Belichick uses stats all the time in order to diagnose and identify problems objectively. The Patriots probably have an army of statisticians at Bill's beck and call. Just like the Red Sox.
    I think he's being a bit disingenuous.
    A good sound bite.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

In Response to Re: "STATS ARE FOR LOSERS....THE FINAL SCORE IS FOR WINNERS":
    Don't worry..I'm sure Belichick uses stats all the time in order to diagnose and identify problems objectively. The Patriots probably have an army of statisticians at Bill's beck and call. Just like the Red Sox. I think he's being a bit disingenuous. A good sound bite.
    Posted by rochfan

hey rotfan... can you show some semblence of intelligence here?  Using stats to WIN a game is one thing.  To have good game stats and LOSE a game is another thing. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

In Response to Re: "STATS ARE FOR LOSERS....THE FINAL SCORE IS FOR WINNERS" : hey rotfan... can you show some semblence of intelligence here?  Using stats to WIN a game is one thing.  To have good game stats and LOSE a game is another thing. 
    Posted by LifeTimePat

Exactly!  After the Game the Score is the ONLY thing that MATTERS!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat. Show seattlepat's posts

Don't worry..I'm sure Belichick uses stats all the time in order to diagnose and identify problems objectively. The Patriots probably have an army of statisticians at Bill's beck and call. Just like the Red Sox. I think he's being a bit disingenuous. A good sound bite.
    Posted by rochfan

Obviously, he uses stats. That said, he probably uses stats a different way from all of us. For one, he uses stats in conjunction with what both teams do on the field. And if he's as smart as I think he is, he cross tabulates the stats we normally look at with other situational figures.

What I like about this comment is that it could be a feeler for TB too. I don't know if he's becoming too obsessed with his yardage. If yes, then he should take a message from BB. If not, then we're all good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Funny thing that this should be a coincidence of a sort.  I was listening to the radio down here in Dallas where they were talking about the Cowboys and the loss they suffered Sunday.  The host was saying that the Cowboys are #2 or #3 in total yard stats but they rank with Miami and the Jets when it comes to scoring.  Stats are a bit misleading.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

I think Bill was referring to people who insist on trying to extract some sort of
    victory from a defeat.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

I don't think Bill is being disingenous when he states " Statw are for losers etc..." He's not saying that stats don't have their place, of course they do, instead he is saying that emphasis should not be placed on them over the ultimate goal, which is victory.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

I just realized Bill was wearing his grey hoody for that smack down.

I'll not be surprised if we see him wearing it for the rest of the season.

Sections
Shortcuts