"The Patriot Way" Changing??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

"The Patriot Way" Changing??

Over the past couple of weeks, I've been disappointed to read Tom Brady's comments that he "hates the Jets", and "will never get over losing to them in the play-offs"...and now Deion Branch's comments about how the Pats didn't appreciate how the Jets were celebrating on the Pats' home field after last years' playoff loss.

Both of these comments strike me as being Tomlinsonian in nature. Since when did this become "The Patriot Way"? Tom, if you don't want to feel blue about losing to the Jets, then play better, and ensure that it doesn't happen. Deion, if you and your teammates didn't enjoy watching the Jets celebrate on your home turf, then next time, rip into the Jets, and make sure that they have nothing to celebrate.

Get it done. Until then, please stop whing about feeling hurt, and being disrespected: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/plane_wrong_u7kXivsVHu94nmgRLVxJDN   

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Patriots Way Changing??

The "Patriot way" is just some BS that the media and the fans invented.  The Pats are 53 players and several coaches focused on winning a SB.  That's all it is, that's all it ever has been.  You really can't criticize them for not living up to the standards that you made up in your head.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Re: "The Patriot Way" Changing??

I'ts OK to be ticked off for losing, but don't begrudge the Team that just beat you on your own Home Field. We all bashed Tomlinson for being a whining crybaby. Let's put it behind us and move on. Don't make it a story

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Both admitted that they got outplayed by a better team that day. That alone eliminates the discussion. Also, I didn't hear Branches comments first hand but I did hear TB's. As the conversation happened anything less than bad feelings about how they lost the game would ahve come off as not really caring. Tom's feelings about the Jets have never been concelled. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

The Patroit Way is to get you to stuff your face and empty your wallet in Patriot Place and praise the words of Bill Belichik without question.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Way Changing??:
    [QUOTE]This is why Mazz's rant about it is so disingenuous. Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Mazz & Felger are a joke. All they do is try and stir drama with the negative....it's their whole show. Drama, drama, drama....

Those two can go one for hours about something that they (DON"T) like.
    Kind of silly when all 4 of our teams have won championships in the last decade.

Boston fans have very little to b!tch about!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re:

Let's face it, no Patriots team will ever exceed what the 2001 version did in terms of team first underachievers winning it all.  They myth of the "Patriots Way" was born then, and continued until the media and people from other markets got sick of the Pats' dominance in the early to mid aughts. 

I have no problem with players being ticked off about losing, but if you don't want your noses rubbed in it then win the damn game.  More fuel for the fire, and I hope the Pats have a long memory when and if the Jets come calling again. 

Tomlinson should just shut his gob.  Biggest crybaby in sports if you ask me, and the biggest hypocrite.  When that guy does anything to lead his team to a superbowl win then he can gloat.  Until then, just shut it and play.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: "The Patriot Way" Changing??:
    [QUOTE]I have no issue with the honesty from Brady and Branch.  As if we didn't think they felt that way? And no, it's not "Tomlinsonian" whatsoever. LT spent 10 minutes in a post game press conference whining like a girl after his immature team stopped playing and blew the game. That, on the heels of him refusing to shake hands.  Completely classless and unprofessional.  Sometimes you lose and you are so dejected you want no part of small talk. We've seen it before. But, you don't go to midfield and then act like a spurned 12 year old teenie bopper at the mall. I WANT my team to be ticked off and not liking when a team wins on your turf. Also, I fell when you lose you can't really tell a team how to behave.  I hate the enttitled and arrogant Jets, but they have the right to celebrate.  That's how it works. WIn the game and we aren't having this discussion. 
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

I disagree that their comments weren't "Tomlinsonian" in nature. What a silly, unBrady-like thing for Tom to say. Branch was clearly whining about the Jets' celebration antics.

But, I completely agree with your comments that "when you lose, you can't tell the other team how to behave...That's how it works...Win the game, and we're not having this discussion."  

That's my point, exactly. The "Patriot Way" over the past decade has been to shut up, and get it done on the field. This is what the Patriots need to do, instead of whining about the other team celebrating.   

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

Recent reports on the shark sighting on the Cape, it was not a shark but Haynesworth eating an innocent seal.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

So other teams talking about the Pats is about being a bunch of loudmouths, disrespecting the Pats. But when the Pats start talking to the media it is about defending their right to protect their image. Pats fans kill me, it is my favorite time of the year except for the first drop of the puck. Felger and Mazz are dead on with Pats fans, a bunch of babies.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "The Patriot Way" Changing?? :      I disagree that their comments weren't "Tomlinsonian" in nature. What a silly, unBrady-like thing for Tom to say. Branch was clearly whining about the Jets' celebration antics.      But, I completely agree with your comments that "when you lose, you can't tell the other team how to behave...That's how it works...Win the game, and we're not having this discussion."        That's my point, exactly. The "Patriot Way" over the past decade has been to shut up, and get it done on the field. This is what the Patriots need to do, instead of whining about the other team celebrating.   
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]
    Which is exactly what Tomlinson had an issue with and resulted in the crybaby label.  If what you say about Branch is true, then your perspective, I think, is right on.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

it is my favorite time of the year except for the first drop of the puck.

I'm with you on the puck dropping. Winner!

Brady has said he hates the Jests before. I'm glad he does. you think your Iggles will win the NFC? I dont think its as clear cut as you believe. I bet Matt Ryan has something to say about that. What happens if you dont? you sure dumped your eggs all in one basket.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

[QUOTE] it is my favorite time of the year except for the first drop of the puck. I'm with you on the puck dropping. Winner! Brady has said he hates the Jests before. I'm glad he does. you think your Iggles will win the NFC? I dont think its as clear cut as you believe. I bet Matt Ryan has something to say about that. What happens if you dont? you sure dumped your eggs all in one basket.
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

You let the play on the field do the talking, that is how things used to be around Patriot Place. Now Ocho Cinco and Haynesworth......ohhh, it is going to be a loooooooong season in Patriot land.

Eagles will win their division, but the Packers are still the team to beat. Atlanta is always one of those teams who seems ready to take the next step and never gets it done. Eagles are in a great position actually, whether they win or lose they are still one of the youngest teams in the NFL with balance on both offense and defense. Oh, and their D-line it 10x better than what the Pats have lined up.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]The "Patriot way" is just some BS that the media and the fans invented.  The Pats are 53 players and several coaches focused on winning a SB.  That's all it is, that's all it ever has been.  You really can't criticize them for not living up to the standards that you made up in your head.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

/thread

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "The Patriot Way" Changing?? : What? That makes no sense.  It bothered Branch that the winning team celebrated a playoff win on his homefield. What is wrong with that? You are comparing a perennial whiner like LT, refusing to shake hands with his pouty mouth and his 10 minute press conference calling BB "no class", inferring BB instructed a handful of players to celebrate on his field, the same thing? It appears you are the one with some basic comprehension issues and the inability to compare contexts. Read a book. lol Felger is the same tool who compared Bart Scott's antics last year, which were clearly unprofessional, to Pats players waving the terrible towel in Pitt. It's not remotel;y the same concept. NE WON the AFC title and NE knew about Pitt having their suticases packed and  ready in plain view. Meanwhile, NE did nothing to disrespect the Jets whatsoever prior to the playoff game last year and NY won a divisional playoff game. Also, NE never promoted thesemlves as a SB champ every day, all day long, during any of their playoff runs.  There is a difference between celebrating a comeback win or an emotional win and acting completely obnoxious and unprofessional.  How is this even debatable? NE is perenially, and this is not debatable, a team that is infamous for praising the opponent. FACT
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Simple question, did Belichik get outcoached by Ryan last season?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]The "Patriot way" is just some BS that the media and the fans invented.  The Pats are 53 players and several coaches focused on winning a SB.  That's all it is, that's all it ever has been.  You really can't criticize them for not living up to the standards that you made up in your head.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

The "media and fans" invented nothing. The "Patriot Way" is to shut up, and for each player to do his individual job...not make excuses. If each player does his job, a win will follow...and the opposing team never gets a chance to celebrate.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

You let the play on the field do the talking, that is how things used to be around Patriot Place. Now Ocho Cinco and Haynesworth......ohhh, it is going to be a loooooooong season in Patriot land.

Eagles will win their division, but the Packers are still the team to beat. Atlanta is always one of those teams who seems ready to take the next step and never gets it done. Eagles are in a great position actually, whether they win or lose they are still one of the youngest teams in the NFL with balance on both offense and defense. Oh, and their D-line it 10x better than what the Pats have lined up. ----------------

You my friend are a DumbA$#!!

Youngest team in the NFL? if Mr. Vick goes down (which is such a strong possiblilty given his style of play) I dont care how "young" your team is...EAGLES are DONE!! Vince Young is a mental case and will not be a proven starter in Vick's place..sorry.  KEVIN KOLB /> Vince Young

Sections
Shortcuts