"The Patriot Way" Changing??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: "The Patriot Way" Changing??

In Response to Re: "The Patriot Way" Changing??:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: "The Patriot Way" Changing?? : Maybe they didn't lose much in the playoffs before?  Yup, I think that's it. Let's be real honest here: 1. SB 42 still bites. We get it.  It didn't end well. 2. 2008, Brady goes down. 3. 2009, Sort of a lost seasosn for many reasons.  Brayd not 100%, sellng off assets to rebuild, etc. 4. Rookies everywhere after phenomenal draft, BYe Week, fell flat against a team that was built to win last year. And here we are:

RESPONSE: I'm not saying that the Patriots should win every playoff game that they ever play. Sometimes, as in 2009 when they lost to the Ravens, the other team is just better. But, coming off a 45-3 trouncing of the Jets, there's no way the Pats should have lost to the Jets at home. But, they were over-confident, were out-coached, and got out-played.  

I have no issue with Brady and Branch, and whoever else, being vocal about being hungry and seething at blasting teams off the field in 2011. No issue at all.  I don't see it as being broadcast either.  This is them being honest, taking stock in the status quo and the media hampering on those comments.

RESPONSE: Being vocal to the media is not "The Patriot Way". They, especially Branch, should keep their mouths shut...and take out their frustrations when the time comes. If they don't like the Jets or what the Jets did, rip them to shreds on the field...don't go whining to the media.  

You'll never see these guys disrespect players they play against.  This is just blunt honesty coming from two vets. It's a media reach and I don't think your premise is accurate.

RESPONSE: Perhaps you're right about Brady...but not about Branch. What he said was a Tomlinson-like whine.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

I honestly feel that with this season dedicated to Myra Kraft it has a special meaning to those who run the organization. I think Mr Kraft has told BB to leave no stone unturned & anything less than a superbowl will not cut it....Mr Kraft is in John Hancock that check mode....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I honestly feel that with this season dedicated to Myra Kraft it has a special meaning to those who run the organization. I think Mr Kraft has told BB to leave no stone unturned & anything less than a superbowl will not cut it....Mr Kraft is in John Hancock that check mode....
    Posted by Red-Doc-Redemption[/QUOTE]

Though I know that it's ridiculously early to make predictions for the season, I don't see any team in the AFC that's better on paper than the Patriots. The NFC appears to be the tougher conference, with Green Bay, Philadelphia, Atlanta, and New Orleans looking tough.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In Response to "The Patriot Way" Changing??:
    [QUOTE]     Over the past couple of weeks, I've been disappointed to read Tom Brady's comments that he "hates the Jets", and "will never get over losing to them in the play-offs"...and now Deion Branch's comments about how the Pats didn't appreciate how the Jets were celebrating on the Pats' home field after last years' playoff loss.      Both of these comments strike me as being Tomlinsonian in nature. Since when did this become "The Patriot Way"? Tom, if you don't want to feel blue about losing to the Jets, then play better, and ensure that it doesn't happen. Deion, if you and your teammates didn't enjoy watching the Jets celebrate on your home turf, then next time, rip into the Jets, and make sure that they have nothing to celebrate.      Get it done. Until then, please stop whing about feeling hurt, and being disrespected: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/plane_wrong_u7kXivsVHu94nmgRLVxJDN           
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Texas, I think you are taking these statements the wrong way, at least I hope you are. otherwise this is a very trollish, stir the pot, post. As far as Brady's comments, they are very much along the lines of him saying he never forgets he was pick #199. Branches comments are calling out the young guys on the team that weren't there during the Superbowl years and failed to elevate their game in response to the Jets higher compete level. Now if they had come on after a game where they got beat and said those things (which they didn't, they gave the Jets their due) you might have a point.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]Just like Tom, Queenie will never be able to get over that  loss.  However, at least Tom can admit it and doesn't have to come up with a million excuses as to why they were outplayed & outcoached.
    Posted by McCheaters[/QUOTE]

Excuses? The Jets played a bit better that day, that is all. They are not a better team and you know it.
    Fine, let last year be your SB victory. Go around your neighborhood and participate in the circle jerk, feel good about beating the Pats in the playoffs, and losing in the AFCCG. You won't snif it this year my friend.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

[QUOTE]You let the play on the field do the talking, that is how things used to be around Patriot Place. Now Ocho Cinco and Haynesworth......ohhh, it is going to be a loooooooong season in Patriot land. Eagles will win their division, but the Packers are still the team to beat. Atlanta is always one of those teams who seems ready to take the next step and never gets it done. Eagles are in a great position actually, whether they win or lose they are still one of the youngest teams in the NFL with balance on both offense and defense. Oh, and their D-line it 10x better than what the Pats have lined up. ---------------- You my friend are a DumbA$#!! Youngest team in the NFL? if Mr. Vick goes down (which is such a strong possiblilty given his style of play) I dont care how "young" your team is...EAGLES are DONE!! Vince Young is a mental case and will not be a proven starter in Vick's place..sorry.  KEVIN KOLB /> Vince Young
    Posted by ReeGzUSMC[/QUOTE]

Eagles will be good today, tomorrow, and into the future. Don't be envious, you guys had a nice run, but don't be delusional. Breathe now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Patriots Way Changing??

In Response to Re: Patriots Way Changing??:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots Way Changing?? :      The "media and fans" invented nothing. The "Patriot Way" is to shut up, and for each player to do his individual job...not make excuses. If each player does his job, a win will follow...and the opposing team never gets a chance to celebrate.          
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]
    OK, so then I guess if the media and fans didn't invent it then you have a quote from BB defining the "Patriot Way" as "to shut up, and for each player to do his individual job...not make excuses." 

Because if you don't have that quote one might say that you (a fan) just made that up in your head.

I would guess you can't even find anything from BB that say's "Patriot way"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "The Patriot Way" Changing?? : Excuses? The Jets played a bit better that day, that is all. They are not a better team and you know it. Fine, let last year be your SB victory. Go around your neighborhood and participate in the circle jerk, feel good about beating the Pats in the playoffs, and losing in the AFCCG. You won't snif it this year my friend.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

Belichik got outcoached by Ryan twice last season, looks like the dynasty is crumbling before your eyes, Haynesworth and Ocho Cinco are two of the signs of death.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanWilmingtonDE. Show PatsFanWilmingtonDE's posts

Phlly-

You're pretty confident for a fan of a team that hasn't won a title since 1960. Does your confidence mean that the Eagles' coaching staff has figured out how to manage the game clock?

Go find a Cowboys thread to troll.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "The Patriot Way" Changing?? : Belichik got outcoached by Ryan twice last season, looks like the dynasty is crumbling before your eyes, Haynesworth and Ocho Cinco are two of the signs of death.
    Posted by PhllyPhn1967[/QUOTE]

Oh man, that's a good one! HA.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "The Patriot Way" Changing?? : Belichik got outcoached by Ryan twice last season, looks like the dynasty is crumbling before your eyes, Haynesworth and Ocho Cinco are two of the signs of death.
    You can spew your pathetic jealousy.  I guess Andy Reid got outcoached 7 times last year.  I'm sure you have your fingers crossed that Haynesworth won't be as dominant as he has been most of his career, but you know you are only fooling yourself. 

We'll see how it goes when the season starts.  Until then it's just pathetic chest pumping.  I'll put my money on the Pats.  Most people would if you look at Vegas.  But again, we'll see.  Good luck.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "The Patriot Way" Changing?? : Eagles will be good today, tomorrow, and into the future. Don't be envious, you guys had a nice run, but don't be delusional. Breathe now.

The height of irony is a Philly fan calling another fan envious and delusional.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "The Patriot Way" Changing?? : You can spew your pathetic jealousy.  I guess Andy Reid got outcoached 7 times last year.  I'm sure you have your fingers crossed that Haynesworth won't be as dominant as he has been most of his career, but you know you are only fooling yourself.  We'll see how it goes when the season starts.  Until then it's just pathetic chest pumping.  I'll put my money on the Pats.  Most people would if you look at Vegas.  But again, we'll see.  Good luck.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Not a big fan of Reid, I wanted him gone with McNabb, but the guy has been pretty consistent in winning, I just will wait until he shows he can win the big one.

Ummm, and Haynesworth.....yeah, he is not going to be playing, and if he is he will detroy your team. That is a promise. Best of luck to you as well, I'll make sure to keep a cot open at McLean for you.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

[QUOTE]I love our new Philly trolls, so envious of Boston teams just dwarfing his Philly tradition through the years, says NE is fading but Philly isn't with Mike Vick. Mike Vick is literally one hit away from losing his season and maybe his career. And he better hope Jeremy Maclin can play, too. NE is clearly better set up than Philly this year and beyond. Philly is paying Samuel and Asamougha at CB.  Both are overpriced.

If Brady goes down so do the Pats chances too, what is your point? Both Philly and NE have management who have been able to negotiate the landscape of the cap well but this year has been coup for the Eagles. Maclin is out, but Smith is supposedly going to be ready by week 5. Maclin is the great unknown, he is a huge guy to lose and with him the Eagles have some great depth at each of the key offensive positions.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, just like Moss "destroyed" BB's team last year? You don't get it.  You do exactly what the other trolls do. Jealousy is an ugly thing.

Dude, Moss is a saint in comparison to Haynesworth. Jealousy????? Nah, just love the denial and delusion in NE. Actually, just from your response I got enough of a chuckle to go out and grab some lunch with a smile.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanWilmingtonDE. Show PatsFanWilmingtonDE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "The Patriot Way" Changing?? : Not a big fan of Reid, I wanted him gone with McNabb, but the guy has been pretty consistent in winning, I just will wait until he shows he can win the big one. Ummm, and Haynesworth.....yeah, he is not going to be playing, and if he is he will detroy your team. That is a promise. Best of luck to you as well, I'll make sure to keep a cot open at McLean for you.

So you'll just wait for Reid to show he can win the big one? That's some pretty admirable patience. He's the longest tenured coach in the NFL now that Fisher was let go from Tennessee. 1-4 in NFC Championship games. 0-1 in the Super Bowl. Hope you like waiting.

Haynesworth may yet prove a problem. That's why the Pats only traded a 5th round pick for him and renegotiated his contract. They can and will release him at the drop of a hat. Even without him, I still like this year's Patriots defense more than last year's.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Your welcome mighty!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Don't you guys get it.  Stirring the pot is TP's goal.  TP want's to be a columnist, and we all know that a columnist's 1st job isn't to be honest, its to be controversial.  Problem is that he is not very good at it. 

He could share his "provocative" point of view with the world via the blogosphere, but I wonder if even they have shut him down and all he is left with is a fan message board.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "The Patriot Way" Changing?? : Thank you!!! All of Tex's posts are trollish, because Tex is a troll.  Those f*ckin whiny b*tch report cards after every f*ckin game.  S-T-F-U troll.
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

This from the same rocket scientist who accused me of being UD6, a/k/a The Dog(gggg), last year.

LOL!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

[QUOTE]So other teams talking about the Pats is about being a bunch of loudmouths, disrespecting the Pats. But when the Pats start talking to the media it is about defending their right to protect their image. Pats fans kill me, it is my favorite time of the year except for the first drop of the puck. Felger and Mazz are dead on with Pats fans, a bunch of babies.

Why so angry Stan?

Sections
Shortcuts