@ Indy in November...again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Re: @ Indy in November...again

Well I will give Mill this - he was right that the American Civil War was a just war.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

In Response to Re: @ Indy in November...again:
    In Response to Re: @ Indy in November...again : you are right, it rotates every 3 seasons.  People seem to forget all the games that were in foxboro before it went to Indy.
    Posted by N2thaIzzo

No I haven't forgotten. I'm saying that I think it should swap back and forth every other year, not every three.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Lady - its only fair that the colts get their 3 in a row, right?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

Lady - its only fair that the colts get their 3 in a row, right?
    Posted by underdogg

I wondered when you would chime in there undy. lol

Well looking at it through my eyes as a Patriots fan, no, I NEVER want Indy to have their turn. lol Given my choice they'd ALWAYS have to play in Foxboro in the elements because IMO, that's part of the excitement of football. I know the reality of the situation will never lend itself to that scenario, but I would at least like to see it fluctate back and forth on a 1 yr basis vs. 3 yrs.

I despise dome games and think they should be disallowed during the regular season anyway, but that's a whole nuther ball of wax.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Well, we now have a retractable dome that can allow for the elements you speak of, however, in November there is less of a liklihood of that.  

Additionally, I seem to recall some "elements" in the prior dome that many of you here frequently complain about.  I guess elements are a relative thing.  

For example, in Foxboro, when BB chooses to control the field elements by flooding the playing surface to the extent that the NFL slapped him on the back of the hand for it. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

Well, we now have a retractable dome that can allow for the elements you speak of, however, in November there is less of a liklihood of that.   Additionally, I seem to recall some "elements" in the prior dome that many of you here frequently complain about.  I guess elements are a relative thing.   For example, in Foxboro, when BB chooses to control the field elements by flooding the playing surface to the extent that the NFL slapped him on the back of the hand for it. 
    Posted by underdogg

Well, we now have a retractable dome that can allow for the elements you speak of, however, in November there is less of a liklihood of that

Therein lies the problem. lol

I guess elements are a relative thing.   For example, in Foxboro, when BB chooses to control the field elements by flooding the playing surface to the extent that the NFL slapped him on the back of the hand for it. 

As you say, it's a relative thing. We all know that the home teams will play their little games for an advantage, of course. But again, I just do not like domes and think football should be played outside all the time, period. Call me a purist in that respect. To me teams that play in domes all the time have a 'wuss' factor. JMPO. I think there are probably some Bills fans that would agree with me here, considering that Toronto dome game the Bills have to play this year. lol  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

I hear ya with the outdoor thing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I generally do not like buzz-phrases, but the home field advantage is what it is. Teams play the whole season to get it, and then they use it. I haven't bothered to look it up, but I'm sure Belichick had some convoluted bullsh*t reaon why they flooded the field that wouldn't hold up under scrutiny. And shenanigans like turning the heat up (or off) and making the visitors as uncomfortable as possible in the away locker room are par for the course. I don't much care for indoor football ( or baseball, as far as that goes .The venue is the primary reason -- well . . .  it's the only reason -- I don't patronize the Viklings or the Twinkies ), but most of these new venues are at least partially public funded -- although I don't remember having any input into the design of the one I'm paying for here in Hennepin County -- so I guess somebody, somewhere has to decide whether or not a certain team's fans are a bunch of p*ssies on a case-by-case basis. Ultimately I think a dome team having to go outside in January (if they ever do) is far more detrimental than a real team having to play in a controlled environment, but like I said, the way you avoid that is by winning the most games. I think it is telling that the two most successful teams in the NFL this century, the Pats and the Steelers, play outside in relatively hostile environments part of the year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Interesting thread.  Foxboro does seem to be the place where colt beat downs happen, but remember, colts have won 4 of the last 5.  It makes for a great rivalry.  Will the disappearance of Dungy change things or is this a manning/brady thing?
    Posted by underdogg

I think Dungy may change it a little but I see this more of a Brady/Manning matchup. That's how the media always markets the game. I think it will be a great game as always. See if the Pats can win number 33 all-time vs your Colts. Get back to a 20 game edge over you guys :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

In Response to @ Indy in November...again:
    Okay is anyone else getting a little bit tired of this @ Indy sh**? I am! WTH? I know, I know...it's all how it works out with the scheduling rotation, etc. But still, I'm sick of "@Indy" (this makes 3 years in a row). Get Manning back into Foxboro in the frosty fall/dead of winter, that's that game(s) I/people want to see, not some damn dome game with pumped in crowd noise and temperatures raised to 80F. lol   Sorry, just had to get that off my chest. Moving right along....
    Posted by CTLadyluvsPats

The scheduling for this time playing the AFC South is the opposite of 2006

2006                       2009
    Home - Indianapolis     Away
    Home - Houston          Away
    Away - Tennessee      Home
    Away - Jacksonville     Home

Next season we'll only play Indy if we end up in the same place within our division. Thinking since the last time the AFC East 1st place played the AFC South  1st place was at the AFC South home that next year that would be at the AFC East home (should each teams win their divisions).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

In Response to @ Indy in November...again : The scheduling for this time playing the AFC South is the opposite of 2006 2006                       2009 Home - Indianapolis     Away Home - Houston          Away Away - Tennessee      Home Away - Jacksonville     Home Next season we'll only play Indy if we end up in the same place within our division. Thinking since the last time the AFC East 1st place played the AFC South  1st place was at the AFC South home that next year that would be at the AFC East home (should each teams win their divisions).
    Posted by Wizardsjag

Well, that's something to possibly look forward to at least. Thanks for that Wizards.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to @ Indy in November...again : Not to worry, the dome actually helps us as much as it helps them.....Imagine Moss on one side and Galloway on the other with Welker in the Slot in a Dome....
    Posted by m1020us

Not when they turn up the volume on their piped-in sound whenever the opposition has the ball, as they continue to do for every home game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Although none of this has yet to be proven.  I hear the colts chose Boston Acoustic speakers over the local upscale Klipsch.  Boston Acoustics produce more foul noise. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I agree teams that play in domes are soft. If you cant handle playing in teh snow or the rain then you shouldnt be playing football. I am old school about football and i like outdoor muddy snowy football its what makes the game so good. Teams like Indy, or The Vikings or who ever that play in domes are soft and their fans are soft.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Tas - read Mike's post.  Its not about the team, but the fans. 

Sections
Shortcuts