Don't understand it?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Don't understand it?

Just when is this Fenene deal going to be voided? Seriously. No, I'm serious, I want to know.

When is our prized free agent defensive tackle - who never made it past the 4th week of taining camp - going to come off our books? I imagine the league will find the Patriot's doctors at fault (they gave him the physical examinantion BEFORE) he signed his contract. If there is news about US getting Fenene's contract voided - and therefore recouping some of that dead money cap space, I'd love to know where it was written. That would be great news all around, it would allow two things...more cap space and a lesson learned to NOT sign a nobody player to a decent sized deal, especially when he has bad knees...so maybe next time we sign Red Bryant (the guy who was their first choice) vs. signing (and settling) for a percieved bargain. Should of done the same thing when they had Dashon Goldson sitting in Kraft's office.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

http://www.nyjetscap.com/salary.html                                                                                                                                          This says the Jets have about 4.7mil dead money.  Is that correct?

Yes it is. The figure I had was before Pace and Scott were cut. Your figure is correct

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Reading comprehension, Rusty?

Restructuring a player on his existing contract is not the same as extending his current contract.  The Pats cannot restructure Brady without it causing a bigger contract next year. 

They can, however, extend him and provide some relief.

He is right!

On the Pats cap situation, you are completely ignoring the fact that the Pats probably will not be able to sign their top 3 FA's nor many of their 2nd tier guys.  If not, these guys will have to be replaced, which will also cost money.  They have some money but who are they going to be able to sign to replace starters?   Draft picks??????

Both teams will have to let productive guys go due to their available cap.

One is due more to bloated contracts ( guys no longer worth it), the other is due to signing unproductive players who were cut and resulted in a lot of dead money, draining the available cap.

Didn't the Pats have like 18mm in dead money last year because they cut unproductive players?  What is it this year?  10mm +.  We're still paying for the Ocho mistake, and others.

That's a whole lot of cap the Pats could use this year to sign their valuable FA's.

Seems like a big waste of cap to me.

Every team carries dead money.  It's simply not that uncommon. 

Seems like Brady at 22 million not performing well in the postseason anymore is really the key problem for us.

Caving into Welker woule be another mistake.  So, 18 million, maybe Mankins can restructure since he really heasn't played like the best interior lineman in the NFL the last few years, can help a bit, too.

But, in no way  are those bozos correct on the Jets cap analysis.  I was clearly giving you too much credit when I said you even though RKrap was wrong.

My mistake. lol

Most teams dead money is managable.  I hadn't looked this year yet but last year I saw quite a few teams with dead money under 5m and most under 8m.

18M is not acceptable, that's almost 15% of the available cap for cripes sake.

When you have the youngest D in the league, that one year of a high carry over isn't a big deal.   That's why it's manageable. In a place like Buffalo or like the Jets were they have overpaid FAs as their base of their team, it's not.

Most teams carry between 5-12 every year. NE was also 8th in total payroll last year, which seemingly has kept the "Kraft is cheap" bogus rhetoric at bay for once.

You're a disgrace as a Pats fan. An absolute disgrace. Take your unhealthy Brady man lust elsewhere, please.

Actually, you should take your unhealthy TB man hate elseware.  A Jets forum would be great although I feel even there, the reasonable fans would think you are cukoo.

I never said the Pats were cheap.  I said 18M in dead money is ridiculous, which it is.

That's good money that could have been used to  help settle the revolving door of one of the worst defenses in NFL history for the past several years, instead of spending it on other teams missfits and one year rentals.

You clearly have absolutely no knowledge of the NFL's history. NE's D is up there with 1-15 teams, bad Tampa Bay, Atlanta, NOs, insert awful team name here?

You don't finish top 2 3 years in a row in turnovers created, middle of the pack in points allowed in a 32 team league, have a top 10 Run D, and be considered "one of the worst in NFL history".

You're an imbecile to make that statment. An imbecile. I knew you started watching the NFL in 2007. That statement only proves it.

That supposedly "one of the worst in NFL history" bailed out Tommy Boy in the AFC title game last year, but couldn't do it this year. Shame on the D for not continuing to bail out Brady all the time.

Imagine if Brady didn't throw an INT to start the 4th QTR in the SB or miss Welker to ice the SB last year?  This wouldn't even be a discussion.

I repeat: 18 million in dead money is not that ridiculous when you have such a young team with very cheap contracts, generally speaking.

You are absolutely insane if you think the past 3 years D's were anything but pathetic.

You don't get a 27-31st total defensive ranking by being good or even mediocre.

That's bottom 5 in every ones book.  Bottom 5!

The D in the AFC title game didn't bail out any one but themselves as they were about to give up the lead AGAIN with 6 seconds left.  Still, Billy Cundif won it, not them.

How many times have we seen the D give up the winning drive on the last possession?

How many times did the O have the lead up until that very moment?  pffttt.

The D was tied 10th  out of the 12 play-off teams this year.  10th with 2 games. 

No T/o's and allowing 100% rz scores is not good.  Get it?  Learn the game!!!!!!!!!

Pathetic!!!!

Spikes picked Flacco in zone. If your boyfriend doesn't IMMEDIATELY throw a god awful INT on 1st freaking down like that, the Cundiff thing doesn't even occur.   Funny how whenver the D changes momentum with a key play, it goes completely ignored or underappreciated by pink hat fans like you who are very new to the game.

The arrogance of you to proclaim the Pats D last year was "pathetic" is disturbing, too.  Very disturbing choice of words, which screams of desperation and a last ditch effort to deflect any bad play from Brady and the offense away from the reality.

What's "pathetic" is a #1 rated offense in an offensive based era where all stats are bloated for all teams (which means yards in the air are also bloated, lol) disappearing in SBs or in the postseason in general.

Some people like Wilfork, Nink, Dennard, Hightower, Jones, McCOurty, Spikes, etc. Gee, that's a long list of quality names as starters on that D last year, isn't it?

Hmm. 7 names who make up a "pathetic D" in 2012 huh?

As for this year's postseason, NE's took out Arian Foster and Ray Rice completely from the game.  They dominated a really good Houston offense. The Mayo strip in Houston's territory was a terrible call by the refs.  There was also a 3rd down roughing on Hightower that was horrendous.

We've been over that game.

Also, NE's D held to 7 points by the end of the 3rd on Balt.  14 at the start of the 4th.

The difference? Brady's terribly thrown, stared down INT and the RIdley fumble.

Translation? Our crappy postseason offense led by Brady  is at the root of it all.

Wrong!  A no better than 97 DPR in the losses is the root of it all.  Fact!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

http://www.nyjetscap.com/salary.html                                                                                                                                          This says the Jets have about 4.7mil dead money.  Is that correct?

Yes it is. The figure I had was before Pace and Scott were cut. Your figure is correct

Thanks

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Just when is this Fenene deal going to be voided? Seriously. No, I'm serious, I want to know.

When is our prized free agent defensive tackle - who never made it past the 4th week of taining camp - going to come off our books? I imagine the league will find the Patriot's doctors at fault (they gave him the physical examinantion BEFORE) he signed his contract. If there is news about US getting Fenene's contract voided - and therefore recouping some of that dead money cap space, I'd love to know where it was written. That would be great news all around, it would allow two things...more cap space and a lesson learned to NOT sign a nobody player to a decent sized deal, especially when he has bad knees...so maybe next time we sign Red Bryant (the guy who was their first choice) vs. signing (and settling) for a percieved bargain. Should of done the same thing when they had Dashon Goldson sitting in Kraft's office.

Red Bryant chose to stay (family reasons) as did Goldson (money was close, he wanted to stick with SF for 2 more years). 

As for Fanene, there was a report by Bedard that will/have gone after his signing bonus for failure to communicate something he knew about, but didn't report before the deal was struck.

It's apparently against the CBA rules.

Shocking you think you know everything and you don't, when you literally never do any homework. Typical. Ignornance is your middle name.

http://nesn.com/2012/08/report-patriots-may-go-after-jonathan-fanenes-bonus-for-failure-to-disclose-physical-condition/

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/8292162/source-new-england-patriots-cut-jonathan-fanene-new-injury-clause

The "failure to disclose an ailment", in this case arthritis, was new as of 2012.  Exposed.

Not sure what the result of this is yet. 

Hmm,, it sure seems like everytime you think you have me cornered, you lose another debate, doesn't it?

LMAO

Hey, maybe your buddy RKrap, can go run to Cris Carter and get us an update on that situation, since it's so important to how Brady plays in the postseason, waddya think, Cupcake?

See this is where your paranoia takes over - I was asking a ligit question - it was not cornering you or trying to get into another debate. I want that money back. I want us to add a defensive tackle that can play with that money.

As for the Bryant signing (or lack of)...you can go around claiming it was  abeing close to home type of thing...Bryant can say that too, but the truth is we offered him less money and it made the decision to stay home a lot easier. And the Goldson thing was not about staying close home, he wanted the money and San Fran offered more of it. You'll see that this off season if he is not franchised - he will go to the team that offers him the most money.

By the way, how old are those Fenene stories? They from the summer? Because if they are, wouldn't they of got that money back by now if they could of?

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Everyday a new article comes out telling us how bad tannenboob was and how theyare in all out rebuild mode for YEARS.  If their plan backfired in their 2 year window, then why is it being praised?

I am thrilled bb has this set up for automatic division titles and 1 or 2 seeds annually.  The rest is up to the players and execution.

I think where you are wrong is this- we are built to win division titles for one main reason...Tom Brady. If not for him? Ugh, won't be pretty. Nothing pretty about Patrick Chung running around in coverage or blown second rounders - those things kill most franchises - not this one, why? Because of BB the coach and TB the quarterback.

Do you realize that Ocho Cinco is costing this franchise 1.5 million against the cap this year? And that Fenene is costing us 2.5 million? That's 4 miilon of cap space for two guys that did absolutely nothing for this team. Nothing. What did Shaun Ellis cost us against the cap last year? 2 million? What did Liegh Bodden cost us? 3 millon? We were 7 million under the cap last year and also had close to 10 million in dead money...this is good? How many guys could we of signed that actually could of made a difference with that 17 million? Could we have gotten a corner or a pass rusher? Would we have money to resign Welker, Vollmer and Talib and yet still add to that? You talk about losing players, cap hell, replacing players...we are either going to lose a 120 catch a year guy, a shut down corner or a franchise right tackle. WE don't have the funds to sign our PRODUCTIVE players. This is genius?

The problem is that when you are wrong you ruin things...you lash out...you lie. That's you. 

+1

Sections
Shortcuts