homerism at all time high

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

homerism at all time high

people have the right to not feel the draft.   you are hypocrites.   if Sanchez became or number 2 qb  you would not  question it one bit  and commend bb for his genius  and bash  those of us who know sanchez sucks  and don't sugar coat it.   face it  the  Rutgers players would  have  been available in the 7th round.   genius  my  behind.   come  attack  me  you'll prove my point.   please prove my point

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: homerism at all time high

Ok... you're not in the NFL and never will be.  BB is a HOF coach.  Your thoughts don't matter, but at the sametime you have the right not to be happy and express them here.  At the end of the day, I'd rather have BB make drats picks then  Mel Kiper Jr.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I agree, you have an absolute right not to feel the draft. My suggestion is to close the window, and if that doesn't work, you may need to upgrade your insulation. I recently had cellulose blown in to my walls and attic. Highly recommended.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Gee I hope you feel better.  :(

It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily."So it is.""And freezing.""Is it?""Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

The first kid from Rugter was a projected to go in the third round. I like the picks overall. The second round the Pats drafted filled two of the biggest long term needs. The CB out of Rutgers will  help. The receiver in 4th is smart and extremely fast. He could be a nice pick up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

I guess you forgot that season we had Cassel a guy who hasn't started since high school....so yeah I trust BB and the Pats more than your baseless ranting. I'll take the wait a see approach, but think we got solid guys with the first 3 picks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I was very disappointed as well.  However, dumb arm-chair amatuers like you and me...without a staff, without year round scouts, without sophisticated player analysis computer programs, without first-person player drill evaluations, without coach interviews, without a knowledge of the longer strategy for player replacement, without knowledge of potential or planned trades or FA signings, not to mention no clue about the complex financial plan...may think the draft didn't make sense and the picks stunk.  Clearly we know nothing, but player names that the media summarizes as generalizations.  Pats management knows much more than you, me, this board collectively and the media combined.  Think about that and then get over your arrogance like I did. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

The only pick that was really a reach was Harmon.  All other players were taken right around where they were expected to be selected.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

You have every right to think and say that you don't like the draft picks. Screw anyone who wants to act like an immature brat and start with the insults because they don't agree. This forum is for expressing our opinions about the Patriots and anyone who can't handle someone with a different opinion than theirs shouldn't be here. As long as your not insulting other people personally I've got no problem with it at all. I thought they did pretty well but the safety from Rutgers was a big reach, could have had him later. They had a good draft and the guys they got should help. The niners had a very good draft and will be a great team for years IMO. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I have no problem with anyone expressing any football related opinion on the board.  If you don't like the Pats draft picks by all means say so.  Not entirely sure labeling those of us who do like 'em and trust the Pats organization as hypocrites is entirely appropriate though.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

In response to freediro's comment:

I guess you forgot that season we had Cassel a guy who hasn't started since high school....so yeah I trust BB and the Pats more than your baseless ranting. I'll take the wait a see approach, but think we got solid guys with the first 3 picks.

yep  we beat one team that made the playoffs that year.  did you forget that?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

it was the cardinals who i think were losing on purpose to fly under the radar.  they went like 8-0 then lost 7 straight then went the the superbowl.  something like that.  thats who we beat a team that lost on purpose that year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

OP, your user ID explains it all.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well I didn't like this draft, but I must say that I was shocked as hell that Buchanan fell that far and that we were able grab him. This guy may make the entire draft better. Three years ago we drafted Markell Carter earlier than this guy and Buchanan is 10 times the player Carter was...maybe 20 times.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The only bad pick they made was Duron Harmon. The WRs they drafted were good, Dobson is my personal favorite pick they've made in years. I rate him as high as Chandler, Dont'a and Hern, but he Gronk is my favorite draft in the post-dyansty era of BB(2005-now). 

Dobson will step right in and make an impact, not sure about Boyer. He could be a bust, he's not as big a fit as Dobson. Dobson is smart, hard-working, great hands, runs great routes, never gives up on plays, can run any route called, he can force a team to play cover 2, but he won't beat cover 2 like Moss could in his prime. Dobson will be  a great fit here, people keep saying he's Sidney Rice, I see him more as a Miles Austin type WR.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

of course you have a right to be upset, but any rational fan will wait to see how it plays out before going on a rant like you just did.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Oh boo hoo hoo...we didn't get all of our players from Alabama or LSU.....

Glad you feel that you are expert enough to make judgements on these players you've never seen play a single down in the NFL.....do you predict lottery #s too?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeFoyFan. Show JoeFoyFan's posts

Part of the charm of the NFL draft is watching the heads of NFL "experts" implode or explode after a BB pick!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Lot of people have a hard time grasping the concept that coaching a team and building a team are not the same thing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to the-redsox-rule's comment:

You have every right to think and say that you don't like the draft picks. Screw anyone who wants to act like an immature brat and start with the insults because they don't agree. This forum is for expressing our opinions about the Patriots and anyone who can't handle someone with a different opinion than theirs shouldn't be here. As long as your not insulting other people personally I've got no problem with it at all. I thought they did pretty well but the safety from Rutgers was a big reach, could have had him later. They had a good draft and the guys they got should help. The niners had a very good draft and will be a great team for years IMO. 

+1

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

of course you have a right to be upset, but any rational fan will wait to see how it plays out before going on a rant like you just did.

Rational fan? A rational fan would go by what they have seen the last 8 years. MEDIOCRE drafting.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to JoeFoyFan's comment:

Part of the charm of the NFL draft is watching the heads of NFL "experts" implode or explode after a BB pick!

Absolutely!  I feel the same way.

BTW, I don't suppose that there are too many of us here who remember Joe Foy and the Impossible Dream of 1967.   It's too bad that Joe died at a young age of 46.

But back to the Pat's Draft, after training camp, there will only be 53 Players on the active roster plus the few that are assigned to the Practice Squad.   As usuall, there will probably be a surprise player or two who make the team and a surprise player or two who are released.    I'll trust BB over Television Pundits to make better decisions for what is right for the New England Patriots. 

There are those who get extremely upset because the Patriots don't win the Super Bowl every year.   Well there have been 47 Super Bowls.   The most SB victories by any team is 6 by the Steelers.  The Cowboys rank #2 with 5 Wins.  The Patriots rank #3 with 3 SB Victories.  One more Super Bowl Appearance and the Patriots would be tied with the Steelers and Cowboys for the most SB Appearances.  

There are 32 Teams competing at the highest level in a Multi Billion Dollar Business called the NFL.  The Patriots have changed from the doormat of the league to an organization that some other organizations despise yet would love to emulate.

So to those who are upset about not winning the SB every year, I suggest you chill out.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

In response to getdrunkstupit's comment:

yep  we beat one team that made the playoffs that year.  did you forget that?

The Colts, Texans and Broncos are one team?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeFoyFan. Show JoeFoyFan's posts

In response to NCPatsFan1971's comment:

In response to JoeFoyFan's comment:

Absolutely!  I feel the same way.

BTW, I don't suppose that there are too many of us here who remember Joe Foy and the Impossible Dream of 1967.   It's too bad that Joe died at a young age of 46.

But back to the Pat's Draft, after training camp, there will only be 53 Players on the active roster plus the few that are assigned to the Practice Squad.   As usuall, there will probably be a surprise player or two who make the team and a surprise player or two who are released.    I'll trust BB over Television Pundits to make better decisions for what is right for the New England Patriots. 

There are those who get extremely upset because the Patriots don't win the Super Bowl every year.   Well there have been 47 Super Bowls.   The most SB victories by any team is 6 by the Steelers.  The Cowboys rank #2 with 5 Wins.  The Patriots rank #3 with 3 SB Victories.  One more Super Bowl Appearance and the Patriots would be tied with the Steelers and Cowboys for the most SB Appearances.  

There are 32 Teams competing at the highest level in a Multi Billion Dollar Business called the NFL.  The Patriots have changed from the doormat of the league to an organization that some other organizations despise yet would love to emulate.

So to those who are upset about not winning the SB every year, I suggest you chill out.  

Yes, Foy did die at a relatively young age. As a young teenager I watched (and admired) Foy, one of the first African-Americans to play for the Sox, play 3B fairly well for the 67 team in spite of racial taunts (after strike-outs and errors) he endured from fans in the stands.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

At the end of the day, a draft is a draft. 

You can't evaluate it one way or another until several years pass. Sometimes you make a good trade that nets you value in future selections. Sometimes you make a savvy move to get your guy. By and large, I try to rate drafts based on how well the FO addressed *team building* issues, a.k.a., did they grab talent at positions where they are thin, old, or have expiring contracts?

Don't listen to the homers (who crown every player  a gem and every move genius) or the naysayers who bag on every selection. None of them know how it will pan out. 

I would only venture to say homers are a bit more vexing simply because they are wrong so often (find one, ask him his player by player evaluation and how they will eventually perform, and then measure it against how many kids froma draft actually even wind up staying in the NFL very long).

Sections
Shortcuts