homerism at all time high

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: homerism at all time high

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to portfolio1's comment:

Well, when you look at this team and the fact that BB has put together the best record in the league over the last 13 years

Brady did that. Don't get it messed up.

If the jets or fish had Brady for these years they would very likely be the ones with those claims. Plain as day to a sober mind.

You WILL learn soon enough.

you are so dense, its just sad that you really believe what you type on here. i honestly feel bad for you if you truly think this way on a daily basis.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to getdrunkstupit's comment:

people have the right to not feel the draft.   you are hypocrites.   if Sanchez became or number 2 qb  you would not  question it one bit  and commend bb for his genius  and bash  those of us who know sanchez sucks  and don't sugar coat it.   face it  the  Rutgers players would  have  been available in the 7th round.   genius  my  behind.   come  attack  me  you'll prove my point.   please prove my point

ive heard and its a nice thought. "too bad steve belicheck didnt go to a powerhouse such as alabama, or other." as opposed to teh powerhouse rutgers (who plays sec teams everyweek) and whosew players dominate.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to garytx's comment:

I wonder if you had taken the time to look at the picks.  The only surprise for me was the passing over of Margus Hunt.  That will be watching material right there.  But Collins is not a stretch where he was taken and was probably dinged some for being part of that terrible So.Miss. team.  Dobson should make the WR crowd very happy.  Ryan Login fills a need and was selected about where he was suppose to go.  Maybe slid some and a solid player.  Every Pat draft has a head scratcher and here you are. Duron Harmon.  I didn't get this one at all.  At least this was a late 3rd round pick.  Josh Boyce was a reach but does fill a need.  Obviously the Pats like the kid and probably thought they needed to strike now or miss on him.  Quinton Patton would have been my guess here.  I don't know what happened with Buchanan.  Huge drop for him.  Pats picked up a nugget here.   Beauharnals was selected about where he should have gone.  No stretch here.  The question is does this fill a need?  Special teams maybe?  It's the Patriots going by their board here for sure.  Need be damned.  

So looking at this it shows the Pats did well in filling some needs and acquiring pretty good players to do so.  Harmon comes from a very good Rutgers defense.  But still I don't get it and this is the pick that will bring down the grade of an otherwise good draft.  The Pats helped themselves.

Now that the draft is over it's back to FAs to fill in the holes.  Lots of good players still out there.

gartyx,

ddi you see my opinon analysis of the picks? and why

and predraft preferences?

and why

what is hopeful, what missed, and what is perplexing.

ie ryan needs cover 2, is slow by cbstandards and is seen as posibly needing to move to safety due to speed. we on the other hand began to play well on defense playing press man and wiht another pass rusher, along with that pres man and maybe a cover lb would improve greatly. 

not gettting a decent  cover man for cb in fa was the first mistake.

if we had plenty of pciks (and less needs) we could have gone cb and safety with difference makers.

hopeful for buchannon, collins, dobson (3rd wr on my wr pref list), and boyce and moe.

carradine was a top 5-10 talent de that i dont think we will see a chance of seeing again for a while that sf took bu tcould have been ours.

the dbs we got are not differnce makers and better value (and difference makers) was available.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

this is a concise assessment:

"New England is a win-now team and I'm not confident this draft will help them get where they want to be in 2013."

we could have got a few diff makers puttin us over the top (sb)

instead we got some players who may deleop.

im openminded and hopeful, but not expecting a sb since other top playoff teams made leaps again in the draft.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

of course you have a right to be upset, but any rational fan will wait to see how it plays out before going on a rant like you just did.

Rational fan? A rational fan would go by what they have seen the last 8 years. MEDIOCRE drafting.

a rational fan would give them the benefit of the doubt because of their recent success in drafting players like gronkowski, hernandez, jones, hightower, dennard, spikes, ridley, solder, mayo, etc...

here we actually agree RSF-call the national guard or something!

based on past results coaches, gms and players earn the benefit of the doubt

The Pats are very talented team that always draft late. In the past ten year the 3 pick the Pats have draft earlier then the 21st pick were Wilfork, Solder, and Mayo. Those are pretty good picks. I don't know why people think they could draft more play makers.

The PATS lack difference makers.  The reason they lack playmakers is BB's rigid value approach.  It was a pleasant suprise to see Belichick deviate from his value approach in last year's draft. Unfortunately, last year's draft was an aberration. The earlier the draft pick, the better the chances are you get a keeper, a playmaker. It's not rocket science. Although it seems to be rocket science to BB. I'm not saying you have to always trade up. Just trade up selectively. Also, BB's FA signings are almost always disappointing jags. Ever since the Adalius Thomas bust, he's been afraid to spend on free agents. BB needs to study how the 49 er's have built a D with swagger.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Homerism, a term coined by faux fans to describe real fans so they can feel better about themselves and co-opt the term fan.

Since the Pats have been the best team in the NFL for the last decade or so it only makes sense that fandom is at an all time high.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

Since the Pats have been the best team in the NFL for the last decade or so it only makes sense that fandom is at an all time high.

Yes, but you will always have the cry babies that are never happy no matter what this team does. Glass half empty...or half full.....I pick the half full side.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

Well, when you look at this team and the fact that BB has put together the best record in the league over the last 13 years

Brady did that. Don't get it messed up.

If the jets or fish had Brady for these years they would very likely be the ones with those claims. Plain as day to a sober mind.

You WILL learn soon enough.

you are so dense, its just sad that you really believe what you type on here. i honestly feel bad for you if you truly think this way on a daily basis.

Nice job at saying nothing. Get back to me when you have some substance to provide Crazy Rusty.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Homerism, a term coined by faux fans to describe real fans so they can feel better about themselves and co-opt the term fan.

Homerism is a term that describes blind loyalty to a degree that objectivity is not possible.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Babe,

That IS the definition of a fan. Fan is short for fanatic which acording to the definition means you have a blind allegiance to a team or person.

Personally, I like being a homer. I get to be happy all the time about the team I follow instead of always being mad at everyone for liking the Pats and what they have done during the draft. I can enjoy following all the moves BB makes during the draft and laugh when he makes peoples head explode. Like he did to you!

I find life is difficult and depressing enough that I don't need anything in my life that does to me what following the Pats does to you and your ilk. I sometimes wonder if you are manic depressive and I say that only because my mom was and she was never happy unless she was depressed about something.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Homerism is a term that describes blind loyalty to a degree that objectivity is not possible.

Babe, I never gt into it with you.   What's wrong with blind faith with a sports team?  As much as wrong with life and the world maybe for some people that's a good thing.  the rs are good to believe in.  So much tha we get jests and less then .500 giants fans Here

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Babe,

That IS the definition of a fan. Fan is short for fanatic which acording to the definition means you have a blind allegiance to a team or person.

Personally, I like being a homer. I get to be happy all the time about the team I follow instead of always being mad at everyone for liking the Pats and what they have done during the draft. I can enjoy following all the moves BB makes during the draft and laugh when he makes peoples head explode. Like he did to you!

I find life is difficult and depressing enough that I don't need anything in my life that does to me what following the Pats does to you and your ilk. I sometimes wonder if you are manic depressive and I say that only because my mom was and she was never happy unless she was depressed about something.

Allegiance does not change one whit because of seeing things with objectivity.

For example, many of us admitted Darius Butler sucked rather than kidding ourselves that he was a good draft pick as the kool-aide drinkers did. When BB cut him we weren't surprised in the least. Knowing and expressing our objectivity about him didn't lower our allegiance at all. We still were 100% Pats' fans. We just weren't kidding ourselves. It's not as if we wanted him to suck. He just did.

You are completely off base on what you think my view of the team does to me. BB didn't make my head explode with his draft. I'm quite past the sense of urgency about BB's drafting. It's likely too late anyway. He blew it years ago.

Brady probably has a couple of years left at high performance. Nothing is in the queue that is going to propel the mediocre team around him to significantly higher levels in that short space of time. This team will remain what it has been until Brady rides off into the sunset. And that is a good team that has a decent shot, but not especially a great one, at winning a SB. Unfortunately it could have had great shots for some years if BB was a better team builder. But he isn't, so enjoy the ride into the sunset and hope for the best.

But don't ask me to prop up BB for blowing greater possibilities by his poor decisions. I'm just incapable of being that dishonest.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Babe, I never gt into it with you.   What's wrong with blind faith with a sports team?  As much as wrong with life and the world maybe for some people that's a good thing.  the rs are good to believe in.  So much tha we get jests and less then .500 giants fans Here

Nothing wrong with it. For you. I'm just not going to join you in kidding myself. We're just wired a little different I guess. It's not like I want the team to win any less by being objective. I'm just not filling myself with false hope.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kylerocks. Show kylerocks's posts

In response to NCPatsFan1971's comment:

In response to JoeFoyFan's comment:

Part of the charm of the NFL draft is watching the heads of NFL "experts" implode or explode after a BB pick!

Absolutely!  I feel the same way.

BTW, I don't suppose that there are too many of us here who remember Joe Foy and the Impossible Dream of 1967.   It's too bad that Joe died at a young age of 46.

But back to the Pat's Draft, after training camp, there will only be 53 Players on the active roster plus the few that are assigned to the Practice Squad.   As usuall, there will probably be a surprise player or two who make the team and a surprise player or two who are released.    I'll trust BB over Television Pundits to make better decisions for what is right for the New England Patriots. 

There are those who get extremely upset because the Patriots don't win the Super Bowl every year.   Well there have been 47 Super Bowls.   The most SB victories by any team is 6 by the Steelers.  The Cowboys rank #2 with 5 Wins.  The Patriots rank #3 with 3 SB Victories.  One more Super Bowl Appearance and the Patriots would be tied with the Steelers and Cowboys for the most SB Appearances.  

There are 32 Teams competing at the highest level in a Multi Billion Dollar Business called the NFL.  The Patriots have changed from the doormat of the league to an organization that some other organizations despise yet would love to emulate.

So to those who are upset about not winning the SB every year, I suggest you chill out.  

Absolutely the truth.  If it wasn't for a few key injuries and some freak plays the Patriots could have 5 superbowls and the fact that they are always in contention Speaks to what a quality team they are.  They have the trifecta, an amazing owner and organization, a hall of fame QB and the best coach in the game like the Steelers, Niners and Cowboys of past eras had, and what does all that excellence get you, a few superbowls.  The NFL is the most competitive sports league because of the salary cap and the ruthless and brutal nature of the business and the Patriots have so far mastered it, along with a few other clubs, to remain in contention every year.  What they have done after being a joke for decades has been incredible.  Go Pats!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Part of the charm of the NFL draft is watching the heads of NFL "experts" implode or explode after a BB pick!

BTW, I don't suppose that there are too many of us here who remember Joe Foy and the Impossible Dream of 1967.   It's too bad that Joe died at a young age of 46.

But back to the Pat's Draft, after training camp, there will only be 53 Players on the active roster plus the few that are assigned to the Practice Squad.   As usuall, there will probably be a surprise player or two who make the team and a surprise player or two who are released.    I'll trust BB over Television Pundits to make better decisions for what is right for the New England Patriots. 

There are those who get extremely upset because the Patriots don't win the Super Bowl every year.   Well there have been 47 Super Bowls.   The most SB victories by any team is 6 by the Steelers.  The Cowboys rank #2 with 5 Wins.  The Patriots rank #3 with 3 SB Victories.  One more Super Bowl Appearance and the Patriots would be tied with the Steelers and Cowboys for the most SB Appearances.  

There are 32 Teams competing at the highest level in a Multi Billion Dollar Business called the NFL.  The Patriots have changed from the doormat of the league to an organization that some other organizations despise yet would love to emulate.

So to those who are upset about not winning the SB every year, I suggest you chill out.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Foy

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Yes, Foy did die at a relatively young age. As a young teenager I watched (and admired) Foy, one of the first African-Americans to play for the Sox, play 3B fairly well for the 67 team in spite of racial taunts (after strike-outs and errors) he endured from fans in the stands.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Foy

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

The most SB victories by any team is 6 by the Steelers. The Cowboys rank #2 with 5 Wins. The Patriots rank #3 with 3 SB Victories.

giants and packers have 4 sb wins

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to kylerocks' comment:

Absolutely the truth.  If it wasn't for a few key injuries and some freak plays the Patriots could have 5 superbowls and the fact that they are always in contention Speaks to what a quality team they are.  They have the trifecta, an amazing owner and organization, a hall of fame QB and the best coach in the game like the Steelers, Niners and Cowboys of past eras had, and what does all that excellence get you, a few superbowls.  The NFL is the most competitive sports league because of the salary cap and the ruthless and brutal nature of the business and the Patriots have so far mastered it, along with a few other clubs, to remain in contention every year.  What they have done after being a joke for decades has been incredible.  Go Pats!

About as accurate a summation as I've seen on the Pats organization.  There are those of us who do remember the Sullivan days, aluminum bench seats, the nightmare that was Shaefer Stadium and a football team that was, for most its existence, pretty grim. 

The Pats have indeed come a long way under the ownership of Robert Kraft and the football stewardship of Bill Belichick.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Kind of like your homerism to Tom Brady?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

hahahaha +1

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

The most SB victories by any team is 6 by the Steelers. The Cowboys rank #2 with 5 Wins. The Patriots rank #3 with 3 SB Victories.

giants and packers have 4 sb wins

49ers?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Kind of nothing like that. Learn the game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

hahahaha +1

hahahahahaha.... dork.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeFoyFan. Show JoeFoyFan's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

In response to kylerocks' comment:

About as accurate a summation as I've seen on the Pats organization.  There are those of us who do remember the Sullivan days, aluminum bench seats, the nightmare that was Shaefer Stadium and a football team that was, for most its existence, pretty grim. 

The Pats have indeed come a long way under the ownership of Robert Kraft and the football stewardship of Bill Belichick.

Shaefer Stadium is recent history. My Dad took me to Pats games at B.U.'s Nickerson Stadium and Fenway Park - gosh I'm feeling old.

Sections
Shortcuts