homerism at all time high

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: homerism at all time high

In response to JoeFoyFan's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

In response to kylerocks' comment:

In response to NCPatsFan1971's comment:

In response to JoeFoyFan's comment: 

Part of the charm of the NFL draft is watching the heads of NFL "experts" implode or explode after a BB pick! 

Absolutely!  I feel the same way. 

BTW, I don't suppose that there are too many of us here who remember Joe Foy and the Impossible Dream of 1967.   It's too bad that Joe died at a young age of 46. 

But back to the Pat's Draft, after training camp, there will only be 53 Players on the active roster plus the few that are assigned to the Practice Squad.   As usuall, there will probably be a surprise player or two who make the team and a surprise player or two who are released.    I'll trust BB over Television Pundits to make better decisions for what is right for the New England Patriots.  

There are those who get extremely upset because the Patriots don't win the Super Bowl every year.   Well there have been 47 Super Bowls.   The most SB victories by any team is 6 by the Steelers.  The Cowboys rank #2 with 5 Wins.  The Patriots rank #3 with 3 SB Victories.  One more Super Bowl Appearance and the Patriots would be tied with the Steelers and Cowboys for the most SB Appearances.  

There are 32 Teams competing at the highest level in a Multi Billion Dollar Business called the NFL.  The Patriots have changed from the doormat of the league to an organization that some other organizations despise yet would love to emulate. 

So to those who are upset about not winning the SB every year, I suggest you chill out.  

Absolutely the truth.  If it wasn't for a few key injuries and some freak plays the Patriots could have 5 superbowls and the fact that they are always in contention Speaks to what a quality team they are.  They have the trifecta, an amazing owner and organization, a hall of fame QB and the best coach in the game like the Steelers, Niners and Cowboys of past eras had, and what does all that excellence get you, a few superbowls.  The NFL is the most competitive sports league because of the salary cap and the ruthless and brutal nature of the business and the Patriots have so far mastered it, along with a few other clubs, to remain in contention every year.  What they have done after being a joke for decades has been incredible.  Go Pats!

About as accurate a summation as I've seen on the Pats organization.  There are those of us who do remember the Sullivan days, aluminum bench seats, the nightmare that was Shaefer Stadium and a football team that was, for most its existence, pretty grim. 

The Pats have indeed come a long way under the ownership of Robert Kraft and the football stewardship of Bill Belichick.

Shaefer Stadium is recent history. My Dad took me to Pats games at B.U.'s Nickerson Stadium and Fenway Park - gosh I'm feeling old.

Remeber those days well although I never was fortunate enough to get to a Pats game until there was a Shaefer Statdium.  And you're not alone in that feeling.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Babe,

Why don't you just admit you aren't a fan of the Pats but, instead, a fan of complaining and ragging on the Pats?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Remeber those days well although I never was fortunate enough to get to a Pats game until there was a Shaefer Statdium.  And you're not alone in that feeling.

Glad we were able to last long enough to see a dynasty.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

Babe,

Why don't you just admit you aren't a fan of the Pats but, instead, a fan of complaining and ragging on the Pats?

Why don't you just admit you're a clueless homer that is incapable of any objective thought and just wants to be a cheerleader who says everything we have is better than everything they have despite the results?

Sections
Shortcuts