how do you break your arm on XP try?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

how do you break your arm on XP try?

Of all the freak injuries, this one may take the cake...  Extra point leading by 30 points.  How did it happen?

Anybody get a good look at it?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: how do you break your arm on XP try?

did he fall on it?  Agree its better than a knee or something lower body.  Bones heal.  Put a couple titanium pins in it , wrap it up , get back out there.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Of all the freak injuries, this one may take the cake...  Extra point leading by 30 points.  How did it happen?

[/QUOTE]

How did I end up having knee surgery #3 from swinging my daughter around in the pool?

Sheet happens

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

I just rewatched the play on NFL.com. Gronk was lined up on the right wing as usual. A Colts' player tried to shoot the gap between Gronk and the end lineman. It appears Gronk raised his left elbow in an attempt to block the player. I don't know if his arm got jammed by the rusher or his own lineman. It is hard to see. But his arm was dead at his side when he walked off the field. It appears to be a freak injury. Maybe when the coaches film is released on Wednesday I will get a better angle.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

In response to MasterHess-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gronk probably didn't take the PAT seriously and the guy across from him did.Gronk gets hurt.Pretty simple. I'm glad he's hurt I'm a Jets fan!

[/QUOTE]

ill be happy when the Jests get their arses handed to them Thankgiving day..you troll!

ill be happy blowhard Rex doesnt get fired...the longer he stays the longer the division is ours...

ill be happy when your s*i* qb doesnt get benched just assurring you losers yet another losing season...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to tartarus12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I just rewatched the play on NFL.com. Gronk was lined up on the right wing as usual. A Colts' player tried to shoot the gap between Gronk and the end lineman. It appears Gronk raised his left elbow in an attempt to block the player. I don't know if his arm got jammed by the rusher or his own lineman. It is hard to see. But his arm was dead at his side when he walked off the field. It appears to be a freak injury. Maybe when the coaches film is released on Wednesday I will get a better angle.

[/QUOTE]

Crazy bad luck...  Maybe he did "relax" a little since it was a meaningless point...  possibly, this is a wake up call to BB to rest your best players for those situations...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to tartarus12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]He didn't relax at all but he kind of threw out his left arm to slow down the inside rusher. It was a freak play but that's football. Injuries happen.

Crazy bad luck...  Maybe he did "relax" a little since it was a meaningless point...  possibly, this is a wake up call to BB to rest your best players for those situations...

[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

This is a Patriots forum ..I guess if anyone is lazy obese n plain dumb its you because you couldnt even read - Patriots forum! 

go away Troll!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Troll ...go away!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEBACK. Show WeDerrWEBACK's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How did I end up having knee surgery #3 from swinging my daughter around in the pool?

Sheet happens

[/QUOTE]

Might....might...have something to do with that xtra 125 you are carrying around there princess.  Just taking a guess.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

probably broke it on the play before and didn't know it until he had to block with it

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing it was broken previously & that play really tweaked it. It may have been broken on the TD catch where his forearm was hit by the defender's helmet.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

every nfl player is one play away from ending their career. its the nfl. it happens. he will be back for the playoffs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

In response to MasterHess-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gronk probably didn't take the PAT seriously and the guy across from him did.Gronk gets hurt.Pretty simple. I'm glad he's hurt I'm a Jets fan!

[/QUOTE]

Go To your own paper's forum, I live in NYC and I am not on any the Jets forums. I did not say I was glad Revis got sent to his "Island" so saying your happy a guy got hurt is sick, says a lot about your faith in your team winning, they need a key player down to win... You are a pathetic poor little man patrolling Boston sites to make yourself feel better,,, so inline with being a Jets fan, Roach Ryan would be proud. I assume he's your role model. Today must be your day Twinkies might not be gone and Gronk had surgery. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to isurfvb24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

every nfl player is one play away from ending their career. its the nfl. it happens. he will be back for the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

How does anyone know he will be back for the playoffs. Broken arms can take months to heel if the break is severe. It's better than a knee injury for sure but a broken forearm does not sound like a minor injury to me. I hope you are right but Hernandez's injury appears to have been much more serious than everyone first thought.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't all breaks come in freakish ways?  When I broke bones playing sports, it always came in bizarre ways.   Just saying.

I don't think there is a point in over-analyzing it.

Look at this way: WIth Gronk's ankle/hip issues, he can now rest all of that and be ready for the postseason.

As great as he is, it's not that devastating because of what BB has here in the pipeline. It's like an embarrassment of riches on offense.

[/QUOTE]

Wish I could share the optimism, Rusty, but I can't. At least, not for now. Depth is not a replacement for talent. Fells and Who-Man can block, but will never be mistaken for Gronk running routes and catching passes. Shiancoe can catch the football (although he has yet to have the chance to prove that here), but offers significantly less bulk than Gronk when blocking.

Gronk's extraordinary combinations of size/speed/athleticism and blocking/catching/route-running cannot be replaced by any one tight end on the Pats roster. If you sub him with Shiancoe, the run game may suffer. If you sub him with Who-Man or Fells, the pass game will most definitely suffer.  Gronk, especially in play action sets, may be the most valuable offensive player (non-QB) in the game.

Thus, for the Pats to replace him, they need to put two tight ends on the field...which, of course means you have to draw down (WR, RB) from somewhere else. That draw tips your hand to the defense.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to isurfvb24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How does anyone know he will be back for the playoffs. Broken arms can take months to heel if the break is severe. It's better than a knee injury for sure but a broken forearm does not sound like a minor injury to me. I hope you are right but Hernandez's injury appears to have been much more serious than everyone first thought.

[/QUOTE]

Rob Gronkowski - TE -  Patriots

Rob Gronkowski (broken left forearm) will be sidelined 4-8 weeks after undergoing surgery Monday.

Gronk is expected to be back in much closer to four weeks than eight weeks, but in a worst-case scenario, he'd be dicey for a potential AFC Championship Game appearance. Gronk played through a high-ankle sprain just two weeks after the fact in last season's Super Bowl, and should be ready for the playoffs, if not Week 16 or 17.     Source:  CSN New England Nov 19 - 1:15 PM

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

You can break your arm laying in bed if a guy with a helmet launches himself at you.  One of the sports writers mentioned he took a helmet to the forearm.  That will do it alright.