"Update"Schefter expecting Talib back with Pats..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re:

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to rameakap's comment:

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Well, he's gonna get more then the 8.5 million gauranteed we gave Arrington.

Right, so 3 years, 6 mil per, 12 million gauranteed.

Pretty much market value. Sort of what we've been expecting.

I just heard Felger and Mazz mock BB saying "BB sets a price and doesn't move from that price"...They mocked it. It's amazing how arrogant they are. They mock something they don't get. LOL

They do! They do, Felgie and Mazz, they do. Ugh. They're so dumb. Of course they might move a bit higher, but generally speaking, they allocate dollars to certain positions on the roster and also play the market.

How much more evidence do we need of this? BB knew there'd be quality vets off the lockout once teams saw the final parameters. Who does he get? Carter, Waters and Anderson. He took flyers on Ocho and Haynesworth. You win some, you lose some, but it's a numbers game and BB wins this game far more often than not.

If only these decisions had led to a super bowl in the last 9 years and not close but not quite playoff failures due to underwhelming talent in 2-3 key spots in each of the losses.

Dude, our offense  DEFENSE SUCKED donkey balls in SB 42 and 46, amongst other playoff games.

Our D was LOADED in 2007. LOADED.  

Enough with this garbage about making excuses for Brady  THE DEFENSE underperforming. Brady and Welker had a golden look in SB 46 and BLEW IT. BLEW IT.

Get over it. BB is not perfect. He brought in Moss and Welker in 2007, it ran it's course and it didn't work, BECAUSE THE D GAVE UP THE LEAD WITH  35 & 57 SECONDS LEFT. 

1-2 plays in the other direction,DEFENSIVELY, and it WOULD have worked where comments like yours wouldn't exist. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re:

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

I just heard Felger and Mazz mock BB saying "BB sets a price and doesn't move from that price"...They mocked it. It's amazing how arrogant they are. They mock something they don't get. LOL

They do! They do, Felgie and Mazz, they do. Ugh. They're so dumb. Of course they might move a bit higher, but generally speaking, they allocate dollars to certain positions on the roster and also play the market.

How much more evidence do we need of this? BB knew there'd be quality vets off the lockout once teams saw the final parameters. Who does he get? Carter, Waters and Anderson. He took flyers on Ocho and Haynesworth. You win some, you lose some, but it's a numbers game and BB wins this game far more often than not.

If only these decisions had led to a super bowl in the last 9 years and not close but not quite playoff failures due to underwhelming talent in 2-3 key spots in each of the losses.

Dude, our offense  DEFENSE SUCKED donkey balls in SB 42 and 46, amongst other playoff games.

Our D was LOADED in 2007. LOADED.  

Enough with this garbage about making excuses for Brady  THE DEFENSE underperforming. Brady and Welker had a golden look in SB 46 and BLEW IT. BLEW IT.

Get over it. BB is not perfect. He brought in Moss and Welker in 2007, it ran it's course and it didn't work, BECAUSE THE D GAVE UP THE LEAD WITH  35 & 57 SECONDS LEFT. 

1-2 plays in the other direction,DEFENSIVELY, and it WOULD have worked where comments like yours wouldn't exist. 

The Patriots remained 2-3 players short at important positions in both SB's and this year, whats not to understand?

They were a much better team in '07 and didn't have many holes... but relying on 4 guys over 33 on D and having Ellis hobbs as the #2 CB were not great decisions and no TE depth behind Watson or better line help for Brady, bad moves.

The last 2 years things would have gone much better with a legit CB or safety, some young legged pass rushers and a real 3rd WR. These were all MUCH bigger issues in '11... Jones and Talib were big improvements and unfortunately both hurt, along with Gronk.

Injuries were an even bigger issue... but I can't justify a half dozen wasted draft picks in the first 3 rd's or Fenene/Gregory our big name FA grabs 2 years after it was Ocho and albert. All that cost a Super Bowl or two.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re:

I just read on espn boston blogs that Reiss destroyed Felger on the air today. Felger accused him of being the 5th Kraft son and Reiss calmly lit him up with facts. Did anybody hear the radio broadcast??

I heard it driving home from work today. Felger was calling out writers that tried to blame Welker's agent for him going to Denver - he said this is a blatant example of a writer that is in bed with the team - that the team would feed them this nonsense to make them look better. Felger said he had seen this many times before while covering the team, and he gave some examples - then he went on to state Reiss alluded to Welker's demeanor during his intrduction press conference as a guy that looked sad (like he didn't want to be there). Felger said it was all a bunch of crap...I changed the station and turned it back a few minutes later...next thing I hear is Reiss arguing with Mazz and Felger. It was priceless!!

I do think Reiss got the better of the argument, although at times it seemed to be a draw. Reiss handled himself very well and seemed pretty upset with Felger too. It may of been some of the better radio I've heard in a while...no wonder Ordway is gone and this show is number one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re:

pezz seriously, cut the sh.it. can we just stick to the free agency news? i really dont want this place to go back to what it was not too long ago. you obviously arent going to change your mind on that subject and neither is rusty, or me for that matter.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re:

In response to mthurl's comment:

I just read on espn boston blogs that Reiss destroyed Felger on the air today. Felger accused him of being the 5th Kraft son and Reiss calmly lit him up with facts. Did anybody hear the radio broadcast??

I heard it driving home from work today. Felger was calling out writers that tried to blame Welker's agent for him going to Denver - he said this is a blatant example of a writer that is in bed with the team - that the team would feed them this nonsense to make them look better. Felger said he had seen this many times before while covering the team, and he gave some examples - then he went on to state Reiss alluded to Welker's demeanor during his intrduction press conference as a guy that looked sad (like he didn't want to be there). Felger said it was all a bunch of crap...I changed the station and turned it back a few minutes later...next thing I hear is Reiss arguing with Mazz and Felger. It was priceless!!

I do think Reiss got the better of the argument, although at times it seemed to be a draw. Reiss handled himself very well and seemed pretty upset with Felger too. It may of been some of the better radio I've heard in a while...no wonder Ordway is gone and this show is number one.

good, someones got to keep those morons in line, good for reiss. i do think 98.5 is superior to weei, but i can only take so much felger and mazz.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re:

In response to mthurl's comment:

would have liked to hear it. welker did look sad.

seems like bb could have had welker if he wanted him for 2 years 16 (accordign ot sources).

maybe he didnt want him. id love ot knwo why. cant be money if were giving 4 mil per year to arrington. 

i think it will be nice to see brady hitting other open recievers and not just welker. at the same time,  we may be lsoing somethign there withthe reliability on th field and reliable open target (we will see).

hopefully we concentrate on making 2 defenders cover a deep/outrside receiver ie drafted wrs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re:

In response to tmot1234's comment:

I'm listening to it right now....damn, I hate these guys (not Reiss though).

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/03/15/felger-mazz-march-15-2013/

Reiss just totally abused Felger and Mazz. About time.

I was right. Reiss corroborates my contention that Welker's agent failed.  Good for Reiss standing up for himself.

Felger and Mazz need a beating.  They're so arrogant in thinking they know all.

Listen to Felger on this piece. He is so arrogant. 

Reiss tells Felger "it's not black and white". LOL!!  Sounds like trying to educate Mt Hurl, Pezzy, RKarp and others here. Priceless.

Some of our fans are so dumb and so brainwashed with this anti-BB crap that these two dorks push out into the media, it's sick.

Welker wanted 3 years and 24 and BB pulled the plug yet Felger doesn't believe it. Priceless.

Welker totally overvalued himself and Reiss says Welker's agent mislead Welker.  Yep.

"I am trying to report the fair story". - Mike Reiss

Good for you, Mike. 

Actually, I read Reis all the time and he is very fair and accurate in his assessment.

He thinks the D has been the achilles heel of this team for years and said exactly that. 

I agree!   Did you not read him that day, Dickey?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Re:

I was right. Reiss corroborates my contention that Welker's agent failed.  Good for Reiss standing up for himself.

Reiss tells Felger "it's not black and white". LOL!!  Sounds like trying to educate Mt Hurl, Pezzy, RKarp and others here. Priceless.

Some of our fans are so dumb and so brainwashed with this anti-BB crap that these two dorks push out into the media, it's sick.

Welker wanted 3 years and 24 and BB pulled the plug yet Felger doesn't believe it. Priceless.

Welker totally overvalued himself and Reiss says Welker's agent mislead Welker.  Yep.

Good for you, Mike. 

How could Felger get it? He still believes there's no such thing as worrying about the salary cap!

Don't even get me started on Maz. When Maz first started that show and actually had to talk about somehting other than baseball... OMG

You would swear he never watched a Pats game in his life. The dumb ...ass stuff that came out of his mouth back then was astounding.

Felger was still rambling on the other day about the Pats not offering their 3rd for Boldin the year he was traded to the Ravens. lol Has absolutely no clue the Pats did not have a 3rd that year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re:

Good for you, Mike. 

Actually, I read Reis all the time and he is very fair and accurate in his assessment.

He thinks the D has been the achilles heel of this team for years and said exactly that. 

The Achilles' heel has been 14-17 points by a #1 offense in the postseason being really SUCKY.

LOL!

NOPE!  How many points did the winners score in the last 35 seconds of the game?

You do know D's aren't supposed to allow 90 yrd drives with seconds left and the game on the line, RIGHT?  Well, now you do!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re:

Very good news. The most important signing for the Patriots IMO.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Re:

Good for you, Mike. 

What he said was Reiss was fair about reporting what he has been told with no agenda.

He never said Reiss had any clue about being a football analyst.

Pezz you seriously have no clue if you do not get that the offense had an epic failure against the Giants in the Superbowl with 2007 team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Re:

Talib is signed or not?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Re:

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

Talib is signed or not?

Not yet. But soon, no doubt. They have at least double the cap space necessary to lock him up.  Only a matter of time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Re:

In response to portfolio1's comment:

If true then good news. BUT THAT MEANS WE STILL NEED: a third traditional CB plus a safety who is SOLID at covering TEs. That means 2 more players.

So.......... A big question (that we wont be able to answer till Spetember at best): Is R Dowling the answer to EITHER of those needs? My own take is that you do not count on him but if he proves himself then we have him plus the two guys we get for those spots.

Reiss had this to say on Wilson:

Adrian Wilson would bring size, experience and a hard-hitting presence to secondary. Also, potentially a LB-type role for him in sub package

This makes me feel he is the guy in nickel situations who covers a TE. With Gregory, Wilson and McCourty all having CB skills or Arrington in on a slot guy, or as you said Ras-I shows something...

But Wilson is the guy who moves up and covers your TE

Like (Wilson) covered Boldin in the AFC Champ. game. No Thanks!