"Update"Schefter expecting Talib back with Pats..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

"Update"Schefter expecting Talib back with Pats..

A little more reassuring...

Hoping this definitely comes to fruition...

http://fansided.com/2013/03/15/aqib-talib-expected-to-return-to-new-england-patriots/

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re:

Well, he's gonna get more then the 8.5 million gauranteed we gave Arrington.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re:

good news

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Re:

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

Told ya. Schefter as a source is as good as done.

Secondary:

Talib, Dennard (Arrington)

McCourty/A. Wison (T. WIlson, big nickel, spot duty)

ME LIKEY a lot, especially with another vet camp invite in a deep market and Ras I in camp to see what he has left.

Add pass rush signings, good draft again, watch out.

I agree...

If this signing happens I for one am super excited about how this could come together..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Re:

Nice

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re:

Schefter tweeted this a while ago.  I still think it's a strong probability he returns, but this is far from definitive news.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re:

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Right, so 3 years, 6 mil per, 12 million gauranteed.

Pretty much market value. Sort of what we've been expecting.

I just heard Felger and Mazz mock BB saying "BB sets a price and don't move from that price"...They mocked it. It's amazing how arrogant they are. They mock something they don't get. LOL

They do! They do, Felgie and Mazz, they do. Ugh. They're so dumb. Of course they might move a bit higher, but generally speaking, they allocate dollars to certain positions on the roster and also play the market.

How much more evidence do we need of this? BB knew there'd be quality vets off the lockout once teams saw the final parameters. Who does he get? Carter, Waters and Anderson. He took flyers on Ocho and Haynesworth. You win some, you lose some, but it's a numbers game and BB wins this game far more often than not.

felger and mazz try so hard not to be homers, that they in turn become ignorant....them mocking BB is an absolute joke.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re:

Secondary:

ME LIKEY a lot, especially with another vet camp invite in a deep market and Ras I in camp to see what he has left.

I dont know If I would be so enthused if we stop there. Thats the same crew from last year. If Talib goes down which is likely based on what we saw last year with hammies and hip issues(which linger) Arrington would be outside starting by week 4 and the disaster returns. Im sorry, Ive liked all the moves but we need to get better in the secondary and I dont see how bringing back the same guys fixes that unless they also get a REAL SS that can keep guys in the right positions and an amazing Pass rush! I will be patient though but Its a big risk to go into a year with an injury prone guy controlling your destiny because once he is out, its over as we saw last year. Dennard was dinged up a bit too with hammy issues. If they bring in a couple vets to compete I will feel better but you are telling me Arrington is worth 4 mill/year and DRC is worth 5mill/year????   I dont get it

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Re:

If true then good news. BUT THAT MEANS WE STILL NEED: a third traditional CB plus a safety who is SOLID at covering TEs. That means 2 more players.

So.......... A big question (that we wont be able to answer till Spetember at best): Is R Dowling the answer to EITHER of those needs? My own take is that you do not count on him but if he proves himself then we have him plus the two guys we get for those spots.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Secondary:

I dont know If I would be so enthused if we stop there. Thats the same crew from last year. If Talib goes down which is likely based on what we saw last year with hammies and hip issues(which linger) Arrington would be outside starting by week 4 and the disaster returns. Im sorry, Ive liked all the moves but we need to get better in the secondary and I dont see how bringing back the same guys fixes that unless they also get a REAL SS that can keep guys in the right positions and an amazing Pass rush! I will be patient though but Its a big risk to go into a year with an injury prone guy controlling your destiny because once he is out, its over as we saw last year. Dennard was dinged up a bit too with hammy issues. If they bring in a couple vets to compete I will feel better but you are telling me Arrington is worth 4 mill/year and DRC is worth 5mill/year????   I dont get it

Not saying stop there, just saying that is the projected lineup if this happens.  Go and get a Tracy Porter for camp competition on a 1 year deal. Ras I returns as well.

Maybe draft one in Rd 3 or something. 

Yea I hear you. I wouldnt choose Porter persay because he is overated IMO, but the salary  arrington got tells me he has some sort of spot locked up or why not just pay him 1 or 2 years. Every one else is getting 1 to 2 year deals unless its a starter.  I would like for them to use a higher pick than 3rd if they dont get anyone and the fact they are looking at Sanders for a 3rd tells me thats the round they want to use for their WR if Sanders isnt signed. K.Phillips on a one year deal was surprising too considerin Chung for 3/10. Just a wierd market for DBs and I dont know where BB is headed with it

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re:

This would be great news!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Re:

yupper! I really hope he stays.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Re:

Talib is very good CB; we need him resigned and then we need another good experienced CB.  Talib is not the most durable kid on the corner.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Secondary:

"I dont know If I would be so enthused if we stop there. Thats the same crew from last year. "

helllooooo.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re:

I just heard Felger and Mazz mock BB saying "BB sets a price and doesn't move from that price"...They mocked it. It's amazing how arrogant they are. They mock something they don't get. LOL

They do! They do, Felgie and Mazz, they do. Ugh. They're so dumb. Of course they might move a bit higher, but generally speaking, they allocate dollars to certain positions on the roster and also play the market.

How much more evidence do we need of this? BB knew there'd be quality vets off the lockout once teams saw the final parameters. Who does he get? Carter, Waters and Anderson. He took flyers on Ocho and Haynesworth. You win some, you lose some, but it's a numbers game and BB wins this game far more often than not.

I just read on espn boston blogs that Reiss destroyed Felger on the air today. Felger accused him of being the 5th Kraft son and Reiss calmly lit him up with facts. Did anybody hear the radio broadcast??

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re:

I have long felt that Talib was the priority even over Welker; people saw what happened after Talib went out in the AFCCG (Flacco shredded a secondary that featured Marquis Cole). So obviously I hope this is true. Sign Freeney or Abraham to teach Jones some more rush moves and draft a DT to spell Dreaderick or Fork and this D should be markedly better.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Re:

Secondary:

Riding with U on this King!  Me Gusto Mucho, Compadre!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re:

I just heard Felger and Mazz mock BB saying "BB sets a price and doesn't move from that price"...They mocked it. It's amazing how arrogant they are. They mock something they don't get. LOL

If only these decisions had led to a super bowl in the last 9 years and not close but not quite playoff failures due to underwhelming talent in 2-3 key spots in each of the losses.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re:

In response to portfolio1's comment:

If true then good news. BUT THAT MEANS WE STILL NEED: a third traditional CB plus a safety who is SOLID at covering TEs. That means 2 more players.

So.......... A big question (that we wont be able to answer till Spetember at best): Is R Dowling the answer to EITHER of those needs? My own take is that you do not count on him but if he proves himself then we have him plus the two guys we get for those spots.

Reiss had this to say on Wilson:

Adrian Wilson would bring size, experience and a hard-hitting presence to secondary. Also, potentially a LB-type role for him in sub package

This makes me feel he is the guy in nickel situations who covers a TE. With Gregory, Wilson and McCourty all having CB skills or Arrington in on a slot guy, or as you said Ras-I shows something...

But Wilson is the guy who moves up and covers your TE

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

Re:

I just read on espn boston blogs that Reiss destroyed Felger on the air today. Felger accused him of being the 5th Kraft son and Reiss calmly lit him up with facts. Did anybody hear the radio broadcast??

I'm listening to it right now....damn, I hate these guys (not Reiss though).

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/03/15/felger-mazz-march-15-2013/

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts