09 season predictions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastplant. Show beastplant's posts

09 season predictions

afc east

1) New England 12-4 staff handles brady's return wisely with balanced offense, youngsters gell into top 10 defense as season progress'.  chung starts by week 6.

2) Miami 11-5 taylor's return keeps defense solid, offense continues creative potency.

3) New York 9-6 big mouth rex ryan finds a different scene in NY.  defense is solid, offence non existent with rookie sanchez and average clemens.

4) Buffalo 8-8 trent edwards + bad O line = t.o. drama.

afc north

1) Pittsburgh 13-3 only weakness is cornerback.  o-line should solidify and mendenhal will be factor. dominant d-line, lb and safety play.  must be able to pound the ball their defense and keep corners honest; force b roth into mistakes with smart positional defense.  otherwise unbeatable in january.

2) Baltimore 10-6 edges cleveland in similar struggle of good defense with aging and/or inconsistent youth on offense.

3) Cleveland 9-7 suprise mangina gets first-season-with-team-magic going, just misses playoffs.

4) Cincinatti 5-11 the joke continues.  no tj.  ocho tweeting. no running game.  palmer lost in jungle of ohio.

afc south

1) Houston 11-5 defense continues progression into upper eschelon, offense potent with big play andre johnson and mathew slater ground game solid.

2) Indianapolis 11-5 eeked out by houston in ty breaker for division.  many coaching and front office changes, frustrating growing pains for talented organization.

3) Tennessee 8-8 dissapointing let down from great 08 reg season.  haynesworth loss 2 much 2 overcome, offense lacks big play ability.

4) Jacksonville 4-12 jack del rio's final year with jags.

afc west

1) San diego 11-5 lt, gates, rivers, merriman- all healthy, make another push at afc championship.

2) Oakland  8-8 sleeper here, defense continues solid play, offense begins to gel, team shows first real promise in almost a decade albeit in soft division.

3) Denver 4-12  mcdaniels latest in belichick tree to struggle hard, too many holes up front on d, offensive miscohesion.

4) Kansas City 4-12 rebuilding year, cassel struggles with poor o-line, aging johnson at rb.  defense shows promise for future.

nfc east

1) New York 12-4 defense achieves sheer dominance with unparalleled front 7 play.  offense struggles to gel but gets it together enough by mid season to make a giant push toward superbowl.

2) Philadelphia 11-5 macnabb has some nice weapons with maclin rookie and deshon jackson at wr.  loss of sheppard and dawkins will hurt, but andy reid coaches team up to playoff contention despite also losing mlb bradley.

3) Dallas 10-6 the excuses finally run out in big d.  defense keeps team respectable and offense has some weapons but team chemistry remains a serious flaw.  goodbye wade phillips...

4) Washington 6-10 all the kings horses and all the kings men, can't patch a team of millionaires together....again.

nfc north

1) Green Bay 13-3 a defense ravaged by injuries in 08 returns healthy with two first round draft picks bj raji and clay mathews on board as well.  offense continues solid production and the pack moves deep into the playoffs, perhaps even the superbowl.

2) Chicago 10-6 jay cutler brings punch to the offense, unfortuantely no deep threat keeps big play potential under wraps, tho masked by soilid defensive play, not enough for this team to reach playoffs in heated wild card race.

3) Minnesota 10-6 brett favre, at his age, and with his gunslinger mentality is no longer a significant upgrade over tavaris jackson anyway.  defense and running game keep this team respectable, but not a true contender.

4) Detroit 3-13 at least this town has the red wings.

nfc south

1) New orleans 11-5 monster offense, vastly improved defense under greg williams who gets to work with good backfield aquisitions. translates into division title and another surprise playoff victory.

2) Carolina 11-5 best rushing attack in the league, defense outstanding, can delhomme recover from poor 08 performance?

3) Atlanta 5-11 key defensive losses put this team a step back, but offensive growth gives great promise for future.

4) Tampa Bay 4-12 this is a transitional growth year for the bucs.  qb unceartainty, no clear starting rb or wr to take over game.  defense set with future budding stars but high veteran key losses make for somewhat rebuilding year overall.

nfc west

1) Arizona 10-6 a repeat of last years path to the playoffs with better record and team makeup.  explosive offense, suitable defense.  playoff results will vary, however.

2) Seattle 10-6 poor running game hurts hasselbecks health, again.  defense keeps them in contention till the end of reg season.

3) St Louis 5-11 offensive philosphic transitions, defensive growing pains continue...wait till 2010.

4) San Francisco 2-14 if you're going to san francisco, put a 49er ticket in your hair....just pick one out of the garbage and put it in your hair.  sorry mr singletary.

-playoffs-

afc champion new england defeats pittsburgh in pitt.
    nfc champion green bay defeats new york in green bay.

superbowl champion new england defeats green bay.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: 09 season predictions

afc east
    patriots-13-3       division winners-pats,steelers,colts,chargers
    bills-10-6             wildcards-bengals,titans
    dolphins-9-7
    jets-7-9
    afc-north
    steelers-11-5
    bengals-10-6
    ravens-10-6
    browns-8-8
    afc-south
    colts-11-5
    titans-10-6
    jags-9-7
    texans-9-7
    afc-west
    chargers-12-4
    cheifs-10-6            afc title game-pats over chargers
    raiders-8-8
    broncos-7-9

nfc-east              div winners-eagles,saints,packers,cards
    eagles-12-4          wildcards-giants,panthers
    giants-11-5
    redskins-10-6
    cowboys-10-6
    nfcsouth
    saints-12-4
    panthers-11-5
    falcons-10-6
    buc,s-7-9
    nfc- north
    packers-11-5
    vikes-1o-6
    bears-8-8
    lions-5-11
    nfcwest
    cards-11-5
    hawks-10-6
    49ers-8-8
    rams-6-10                nfc title game- eagles over saints

superbowl=pats over eagles

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

mosseffect: your records don't really work.  If you have all of those 11 and 12 game winners you need to have some 11 and 12 game losers too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Well, the first post doesn't add up, either. In any given season there are 256 games. That means there will be 256 of each, wins and losses. Beastplant has the total W-L record at 271-240. And the Jests only playing 15 games (@ 9-6)! I know, it would take a while to actually come up with a scenario which would work. To really do this you would have to go through every game and pick a winner, then add up all the wins and losses. Maybe if I get bored enough I'll do an Excel sheet and see how it turns out. For here, I'll simply post my thoughts (wild guesses) as to the 12 playoff teams:

AFC
    1. Steelers 13-3
    2. Patriots 13-3
    3. Colts 11-5
    4. Chargers 10-6
    5. Titans 10-6
    6. Dolphins 10-6

NFC
    1. Packers 12-4
    2. Eagles 12-4
    3. Cardinals 11-5
    4. Saints 10-6
    5. Giants 11-5
    6. Redskins 9-7

WC round
    AFC
    Chargers over Titans
    Dolphins over Colts
    NFC
    Cardinals over Redskins
    Giants over Saints
    Divisional round
    AFC
    Patriots over Chargers
    Steelers over Dolphins
    NFC
    Packers over Cardinals
    Eagles over Giants
    AFCCG
    Patriots 27, Steelers 24
    NFCCG
    Packers 20, Eagles 14
    SB44
    Patriots 42, Packers 20

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastplant. Show beastplant's posts

In Response to Re: 09 season predictions:
    [QUOTE]Well, the first post doesn't add up, either. In any given season there are 256 games. That means there will be 256 of each, wins and losses. Beastplant has the total W-L record at 271-240. And the Jests only playing 15 games (@ 9-6)! I know, it would take a while to actually come up with a scenario which would work. To really do this you would have to go through every game and pick a winner, then add up all the wins and losses. Maybe if I get bored enough I'll do an Excel sheet and see how it turns out. For here, I'll simply post my thoughts (wild guesses) as to the 12 playoff teams: AFC 1. Steelers 13-3 2. Patriots 13-3 3. Colts 11-5 4. Chargers 10-6 5. Titans 10-6 6. Dolphins 10-6 NFC 1. Packers 12-4 2. Eagles 12-4 3. Cardinals 11-5 4. Saints 10-6 5. Giants 11-5 6. Redskins 9-7 WC round AFC Chargers over Titans Dolphins over Colts NFC Cardinals over Redskins Giants over Saints Divisional round AFC Patriots over Chargers Steelers over Dolphins NFC Packers over Cardinals Eagles over Giants AFCCG Patriots 27, Steelers 24 NFCCG Packers 20, Eagles 14 SB44 Patriots 42, Packers 20
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

it's true, of course, that i didn't take the time to calculate exact win loss sums, but kept a mind on the balance of such thru the picking.  the jets having only played fifteen games was actually an intentional pick, as they get beaten so bad by the patriots the first time around, rex ryan actually forfeits a game to give his team extra rest for the following week, healing their beaten bodies and such.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]mosseffect: your records don't really work.  If you have all of those 11 and 12 game winners you need to have some 11 and 12 game losers too.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]  I normally dont do these type of guessings on posts,but took a rough guess.but yes i agree if i took a lot of time,and figureing the total teams wins,and losses.it would come out like you said.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I'm just going to go with the Pats and say they will win 12+ games in regular season.
    Go Pats!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastplant. Show beastplant's posts

[QUOTE]I'm just going to go with the Pats and say they will win 12+ games in regular season. Go Pats!!!
    Posted by raptor64d[/QUOTE]

raptor, war is anolog to beating someone up every time there comes a disagreement.  you may, if you win the fight, seem victorious in the immediate aftermath.  but in the long run, the resentments and humiliations of the defeated, along with the evocation of other non participating parties who's ego is stoked by such methods to destroy you by such methods, creates a spiraling whirlwind of chaos and pain.  ultimately, one cannot compare football to war.  football is a game, war is not, save for those caniving individuals who never step foot upon the field of horror, and who stand to gain from such destruction.  you must ask yourself, what is your true desire.  while war satisfies the immediate illusion of victory, in reality it only sews the seeds of more death, pain, and chaos.  one who truly desires peace, and revels in the brother and sisterhood of humanity, knows that greater things are born from keeping peace.  and that those who practice the subtle and selfless art of keeping peace are the truest of warriors. 

so, what is it that you truly want.  to impose your ego upon things, or to learn the deeper art of selfless devotion to a better way, by way of which your own delusions of glory must be shed for to witness with joy, the elevation of our human family, that we might reconnect with the voice of creation?

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 09 season predictions : Well said, Sir! But don't waste your time/breath/mind arguing with the miltary types. Independence of thought is not a strength of theirs.
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

What a pu$#y.  I'm so sick and tired of you little snot nosed brats.  I feel a little sorry for you though because I know you are confined to a wheelchair.  You have to be, because you can't walk without a spine.

1. You pathetic little wussies cannot grasp the concept of discipline or a chain of command.  You confuse following orders with "lack of independent thought".  I'll try to put this in football terms for your micro brain.  What if none of the players listened to BB during a game and just exercised their "independent thought"?  Do you think that because the players follow BB's orders to a "T" during a game, the players are all mindless people who are incapable of independent thought outside of a game?

2. You don't have a clue as to the degree of thought and planning that goes into a typical military operation.  It would make the game plan for a Sunday football game look like child's play.  Military planners have to worry about more than a mere sack on the QB, or getting the receiver open.  The team consists of hundreds or thousands of troops, and what's at stake are the very lives of people who hope to return to their families.

3. The military academies are some of the finest educational institutions in the US.  West Point was just ranked #1.  It's unlikely you would even get admitted.

4. If you would like a more in-depth discussion, feel free to visit me in Temecula, CA you little sissy.  You sound like one of those waste of human sperm types that probably got kicked out of the military.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 09 season predictions :  but in the long run, the resentments and humiliations of the defeated, along with the evocation of other non participating parties who's ego is stoked by such methods to destroy you by such methods, creates a spiraling whirlwind of chaos and pain.  
    Posted by beastplant[/QUOTE]

I see your point.  The British are plotting their revenge against us as I write.  The Germans and the Japanese are still very bitter too.  I'm afraid to even visit Germany again.  You can see the discontent and bitterness in their eyes.  Don't go to Grenada because they hate you too.  Panama is even worse.  The Kuwaitis hate you.  Oh wait, there is no bitterness there.  There's no spiraling whirlwind of chaos and pain.  You must be talking only about the war on terror.  A war which is not yet settled.  

It's not an ego that you detect in Raptor, it's a spine.  Don't confuse the "pride" that one gets from serving his or her country with an ego.  

On a side note, I love your command of the English language.  Your writing style is quite elegant.  You remind me of this chick I used to date years ago.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joe81b. Show joe81b's posts

Cant agree more carawaydj.  Not in the military but truly support all those who do volunteer to protect the US.  FU to beastplant and jintsfan who had to start some bs out of a football thread when it had nothing to do with the topic

And i would be surprised with anything less than 14-2, dont know how anyone can put the steelers ahead when we have Brady back and a rebuilt, healthy defense. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

You can't compare football to war so don't even try.  Caraway, the order and discipline of the military is awe inspiring, but that has nothing do with the question of whether war itself is right or wrong. 

Beastplant is right, war usually only makes things worse.  Germany and Japan started WWII, so using them as an example of peaceful, forgiving people is bunk.  Look at all the tribal wars in Africa, or the unending conflict between the Sunnis, Shiites and Kurds in Iraq.  But the best example is WWI - a completely unnecessary conflict that unleashed the Russian Revolution, Hitler, Mussolini, and WWII.  But before WWI all the politicians in Europe were throwing around triumphalist slogans like America today about how great things would be with a good war. 

Even the Civil War has had long lasting negative repurcussions.  It destroyed whatever was left of states rights and set the country firmly on the path toward a strong, imperial central government, one strong enough to intervene in WWI and set in motion WWII.  The world's punishment for centuries of slavery. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Mighty, I can deal with people having anti-war views, even if I disagree with some of those views.  Where I go off the handle is when those same people attack the troops.  The usual attacks are:

1. The troops are murderers
    2. They are just robots blindly following "any" order
    3. They are incapable of independent thought
    4. They are intellectually inferior

Reality: The troops represent a broad section of american society.  You have liberals and conservatives, highly educated and poorly educated, highly intelligent and rocks, very rationale and even those who shouldn't hold a gun in their hand.  While the senior ranks tend to be more conservative, the mid and lower ranks are quite diverse.  I don't know any current or former troops who expect rose pedals to be sprinkled in front of them.  I think they'll be quite happy though if the personal attacks are halted.

It's football season now.  I would not have responded to mere politics.  However, if I see a post where the troops are being personally attacked, I don't care if it's the final two minutes of the Super Bowl with the Pats behind by 2 points and Brady is trying to get the team within field goal range.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Jesus Mighty no one said anything about war being right or wrong he was just defending the troops cause someone said they were dumb and couldnt think for themselves so caraway was defending his troops he was not trying to start a debate on war. Its football season we have no more need for political debates about war and the like.

caraway I have no idea what was said to set you off but with you track record I will give you teh benifit of teh doubt that someone was talking sh*t.

Just remember the morons who say such things are the same morons that wont protect themselves until teh Zombies come crashing through their windows. People like you and me will be long gone by the time the zombie sh*t hits the fan but morons like this clown wont make a move till the zombies are knocking at their doors.....wht you guys dont beleave in zombies?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Beastplant wrote:

"raptor, war is anolog to beating someone up every time there comes a disagreement.  you may, if you win the fight, seem victorious in the immediate aftermath.  but in the long run, the resentments and humiliations of the defeated, along with the evocation of other non participating parties who's ego is stoked by such methods to destroy you by such methods, creates a spiraling whirlwind of chaos and pain.  ultimately, one cannot compare football to war.  football is a game, war is not, save for those caniving individuals who never step foot upon the field of horror, and who stand to gain from such destruction.  you must ask yourself, what is your true desire.  while war satisfies the immediate illusion of victory, in reality it only sews the seeds of more death, pain, and chaos.  one who truly desires peace, and revels in the brother and sisterhood of humanity, knows that greater things are born from keeping peace.  and that those who practice the subtle and selfless art of keeping peace are the truest of warriors. 

so, what is it that you truly want.  to impose your ego upon things, or to learn the deeper art of selfless devotion to a better way, by way of which your own delusions of glory must be shed for to witness with joy, the elevation of our human family, that we might reconnect with the voice of creation?"

I don't see any personal attacks in there.  And don't blame us for this.  Raptor is the one with the political speech at the end of every post. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Just cause the guy has his agenda on the end of every post does not mean you have to feed his ego by debating him abotu whatever he has to say. I am just saying if this guy wants to keep talking about politics then he can do it somewhere else dont get into it with him. We have all been b*tching myself included about waiting for teh football season and its here so lets keep it footbal related. I get what you are saying this Raptor guy wants to turn everything into politics but if you dont get into it with him then its a none issue.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I think JintsFan mostly got me going.  I probably misinterpreted BeastPlants "to impose your ego upon things" post.  That's what happens when you have this incredible urge to unleash a can of whoop a#$ on a particular Giants fan and have nothing to take your frustration out on.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from IowaPatsfan. Show IowaPatsfan's posts

The good news: Pats limp into the Super Bowl and resemble the 2002 team instead of the 2007 one.  Guts, heart, and some clutch making plays by Mr. Brady, Kevin Faulk, and Jerod Mayo allow the Pats to beat a super talented and completely healthy(haven't we heard this before?) San Diego Charger team.  The Pats looked stacked on paper, but this doesn't always translate into unparalleled success.  However, the clock eating machine that the Pats will become this year will tire out opposing defenses in the 4th quarter, and Fred Taylor will become this team's leading rusher by season's end(900yds, 5tds).  I'm thinking 12-4 will get the Pats a 2 seed.  Pats scoring will be down and in the 450 ptish range(lol this is down?).  Their defense will be a bit suspect early on, but they should get it together the second half.  The secondary with Springs and Wilhite will be the weak links.  Bodden has been EXCEPTIONAL in camp--this could be our best corner since Ty Law. 

The bad news
    :  Pats get upset by the Bears in the Super Bowl and their talented defense. 9 times out of 10 we beat any team in the NFC---the Pats might be a bit overconfident and let this opportunity slip away.   Not sure if the Pats pass rush has been really upgraded significantly with an questionmark healthwise that is Derrick Burgess.  Word  is that in training camp the offense has rarely been stopped by the defense.  It could mean the offense is unstoppable and Brady has been unstoppable  But lots of question marks remain with this defense.  Jerod Mayo should become the team's best defensive player by season's end.  More bad news is we are gonna have lots of players leave after this year as there are so many expiring contracts.  All in all a great season, but just not a championship caliber defense to make the necessary stops down the stretch.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Iowa - interesting take on the Bears.  Most here, because they feel the need to stand up for McDaniels, are completely disregarding the Bears. 

Even if they give begrudging respect to Cutler, they don't think he will be able to do anything because of the limitations of his receivers. 

That said, there are some who think the Bears may have one of the best D's in the NFL.

Many here seem to forget about a team that had a great defense, rising young QB, strong o-line but limited (their fan's opinion) receivers.  Sound familiar?  New England Patriots 01-06.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I'm afraid to call higher than 14-2:  too many oddball things happen in this league.  Do the NFL refs ever take bribes, for example? 

Football is the kind of war where the enemy takes you out to a great seafood restaurant (in New England at least) after the game, the soldiers are well paid, get choice parking places and have a union to look after them, when a football soldier dies it's usually not at a game, and there usually aren't any women and children on the field except for cheerleaders and female reporters. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

19-0

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Underdogg are you f8cking kidding? Are you really trying to suggest that Jay Cutler is in the same league as Tom Brady? really? Cutler cant even hold Brady's jock strape. He puts up great stats but stats dont win games. Incase you didnt notice for all his passing yards Cutler cant get it down in the end zone. He cant put points on the board. The Bears are getting no respect because they deserve no respect. They went out and gave up two first round picks and a QB for a guy who has won nothing since he has been in the NFL. They have a p*ssy of a head coach in Lovie Smith, they have one good player on offense in Matt Forte and no WRs. They have a semi good defense, as in it was good 3 years ago and sh*tty last season. Bringing in Jay Cutler does not make them a super bowl team, not even close. Tom Brady had a super bowl MVP by the time he was 22 years old and Cutler has....nothing except the fact that he cried his way out of Denver like a little b*tch.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

1.Knowshon Moreno will have a very good rookie as Denver estblishes their running game with another player from Georgia.

2. Cassell will struggle in K C, but will win six games.

3. The Raiders will do something stupid.

4. The Giant will win the NFC East

5. The most contested division will be NFC North.

6. Meriweather will become the new and injury free Eugene Wilson (Reed comparisons are too early).

7. Mayo will make the pro-bowl.

8. Tom Brady`s wife will be better looking than any Manning paramour

9. Cutler will record solo version of `Super Bowl Shuffle after the Bears make the playoffs. They lose in the 1st round and Cutler decides cut a demo with Tammy Wynette after some serious  Merle Haggard-type binge drinking.

10. Vick will attempt an act of contrition by endorsing Pound Puppy Toys. He will also be be picked up by some team.

The NE Patriots 14-2  record will gain them homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. They beat the Giants in re-match of 07 SB: 27-24.

Numbers 6,7,8, are the only predictions I care about.

Mike

Sections
Shortcuts