1-1 Isn't The End Of The World.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

1-1 Isn't The End Of The World.

There are only 4 un-beaten AFC teams:

-Chiefs (not a big threat)
    -Texans 
    -Dolphins
    -Steelers

Just because we lost a game doesn't mean we're done.

If we can play mentally tough, and maintain the correct effort for 4 quarters, we'll win a lot of games.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from artbee1. Show artbee1's posts

Re: 1-1 Isn't The End Of The World.

It's they way they lost Chief. Zero 2nd half adjustments, outhit and out hustled. Belicheat outcoached by a fat loudmouth. LT got the game ball for crying out loud. Somewhere Willie McGinest is shaking his head.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

didn't we say that last year?  After every loss, it wasn't the end of the world. That is of course until they got hit in the mouth by Baltimore in the playoffs. 

0 points in second half against a defense without the best CB in league!

What a disgrace!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i agree vert. there was a lot to be learned from this game. i am sure bb saw more but here are what i saw:

Offense:

1) first with the obvious: still no balance, still predictable. the passing game has become like a drug or alcohol. it works in the short term, but in the end, if you keep predictably resorting to it whenever things get tough, things (actually the other team's d) just catches up to you.

2) the lack of a running game was never about the running back. i don't believe that this group of RBs has less talent than the 2001 teaam. the problem is the OL is not opening holes. nobody can say now that the rb is dancing in the backfield. all rbs were trying to charge vertical, yets ame results. the difference now and last year is that the rb crashes into a wall, last year the rb was dancing becasue he did knoew there was no hole. this is either on the OL or playcalling. i believe the former because there were a few times that the rb got brought down behind the LoS.

3) they did not use the te as much as i thought ther should have. it was working. and it was working probably because it's something that the jets has not really planned for.

4) tehre are times when i think tb is "maturing" into a bledsoe. he's better and more acomplished, but he does not seem as comfortable anymore when the game becomes a grinder. he gets impatient and tends to force things.

Defense

1) how do you fix butler? you don't. at least not yet. any cb will have difficulty like that if the qb is allowed to throw that well. the difference between wha is aw with butler today versus cbs in previous years, butler was actually right there at the play. hobbs watch the receiver complete the pass from 2-3 yards away. had the passes been less perfect, he could handle the size disadvantage (i know it was frustrating).

2) the fix is still pass pressure. anyone who brings up the three sacks is looking at this from the wrong PoV. sacks are an element of what needs to be accomplished. i saw they were succeeding when they brought in more than 3 rushers. unfortunately they did not do it enough. from sanchez's pov, they probably know that the pats will bring more than 4 on x% of the time in every game, so they just just wait for when there are only 3 pass rushers and boom!

i believe sending just the three DLs that many times puts too much work on them. notice how they normaly would start well and fade in the second half?

3) bad tackles. i cannot forgive ninkovich for not bringing down LT on that run that set up the td. he had his arms around LT!

a lot here, but except for the OL, i believe each on here is fixable.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Seems a lot of fans don't think so!!  Artbee1... where have you been since before today?  Another Pats fan wanabe?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: 1-1 Isn't The End Of The World.:
    Seems a lot of fans don't think so!!  Artbee1... where have you been since before today?  Another Pats fan wanabe?
    Posted by agcsbill

dude, you've been here long enough. that is no pats fan. and i don't like labeling people. if he is a really a fan, i'd rather have the bandwagon type (can i label one who comes in when the team is on a good run?) versus one who comes in on a bad day. i still contend that this guy is not a fan.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

vertigho, despite your best efforts, the troops do not feel very rallied

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

Posted by agcsbill

Hey azzbill, seems many many many fans DO think so, And where have you been the last 12 months agcsbill? your just another band wagon bozo jumping in here with your pretty little golf attire. This is football not golf Mary, take your Goochie gilf bag and pretty cheerleader shoes and head to the prom.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

didn't we say that last year?  After every loss, it wasn't the end of the world. That is of course until they got hit in the mouth by Baltimore in the playoffs.  0 points in second half against a defense without the best CB in league! What a disgrace!
    Posted by Spetznaz24

yep 1-1 is not the end of the world but what you state in this post is 100% spot on. Today looked like a trip down memory lane from last year. I really cannot understand BB's last 2 off seasons. It is as if he has given up on being an elite team -especially on defense. No playmakers at all. He seems to be under the illusion that because we have Brady,Moss and Welker everything will be right. Pats won Superbowls with a great defense,Brady and a perfectly balanced offense they haven't won anything with this Peyton Manning style high powered offense and they probably won't.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wildturkey63. Show wildturkey63's posts

It's they way they lost Chief. Zero 2nd half adjustments, outhit and out hustled. Belicheat outcoached by a fat loudmouth. LT got the game ball for crying out loud. Somewhere Willie McGinest is shaking his head.
    Posted by artbee1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wildturkey63. Show wildturkey63's posts

bUTLER IS NO BETTER THAN HOBBS AND WITH THE SAME NUMBER.(28)  HE GAVE UP TWO TOUCH DOWNS AND AN EXTRA POINT   HE GETS CLOSER TO THE RECEIVER BUT APPEARS LOST AND REACTS SLOWLY.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

bUTLER IS NO BETTER THAN HOBBS AND WITH THE SAME NUMBER.(28)  HE GAVE UP TWO TOUCH DOWNS AND AN EXTRA POINT   HE GETS CLOSER TO THE RECEIVER BUT APPEARS LOST AND REACTS SLOWLY.
    Posted by wildturkey63

another 1 of BB's great draft picks. He has missed on so many more than he has hit on in the last 5 years.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

SeattlePat put his finger on most of it from yesterday. Although this is not the end of the world, lets hope it is a wake up call from Brady, BB and the Pats defense.

Brady's play, O'Briens playcalling and the overall defense worry me most. 

Brady needs to step back up and lead this team through 2nd halves. He seems content with winging it out to Moss, and less motivated in 2nd halves then in years past. I think some of it is playcalling by O'Brien, and some of it is Brady's love affair with trying to squeeze it into Moss. We have short and intermediate range weapons now...use them for pete's sake!

The defense is young. We hope they will gel, but this is going to take time. I think BB needs to use this youth to our advantage. We have speed, and we have aggression. Let it loose. Mix it up, send blitzers..It's sure better than rushing 3 guys and letting our young secondary drop back into softzone or man on man coverage and letting a guy like Sanchez pick you apart. I'd rather get killed on an all out blitz than simply have a QB standback, take 5-7 seconds and wait for guys to get open. 
    Butlers play from yesterday was bad, but can be corrected. He is not Ellis Hobbs...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Its not the end of the world but this was the first test this year to show it was going to be different this year.  Instead it looked an aweful lot like last year.  It's not the end of the world, but there was absolutely nothing positive to take out of that game, so its a gloom mood to say the least.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SPINJIM59. Show SPINJIM59's posts

nothing was better than tommy boys sad sack face....poor poor little tommy boy

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from codfishcat. Show codfishcat's posts

In Response to 1-1 Isn't The End Of The World.:
    There are only 4 un-beaten AFC teams: -Chiefs (not a big threat) -Texans  -Dolphins -Steelers Just because we lost a game doesn't mean we're done. If we can play mentally tough, and maintain the correct effort for 4 quarters, we'll win a lot of games.
    Posted by vertigho

deja vu (sp)  Same old, same old stuff for the past three years.  Why do the Patriots play great and then don't manage one point in the last two innings?  It doesn't make sense, as it seems soooooooo bad and deliberate?  Does gambling play a role or are we back to payola?  Horrible horrible stuff; I would fire the whole bunch.  bye

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: 1-1 Isn't The End Of The World. : Hey azzbill, seems many many many fans DO think so, And where have you been the last 12 months agcsbill? your just another band wagon bozo jumping in here with your pretty little golf attire. This is football not golf Mary, take your Goochie gilf bag and pretty cheerleader shoes and head to the prom.
    Posted by JerrySpringer

What are you like 10 years old?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from calchu7. Show calchu7's posts

I'd rather have the team finish the season strong.

In addition this loss will keep the team away from pursuing another perfect season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

i agree vert. there was a lot to be learned from this game. i am sure bb saw more but here are what i saw: Offense: 1) first with the obvious: still no balance, still predictable. the passing game has become like a drug or alcohol. it works in the short term, but in the end, if you keep predictably resorting to it whenever things get tough, things (actually the other team's d) just catches up to you. 2) the lack of a running game was never about the running back. i don't believe that this group of RBs has less talent than the 2001 teaam. the problem is the OL is not opening holes. nobody can say now that the rb is dancing in the backfield. all rbs were trying to charge vertical, yets ame results. the difference now and last year is that the rb crashes into a wall, last year the rb was dancing becasue he did knoew there was no hole. this is either on the OL or playcalling. i believe the former because there were a few times that the rb got brought down behind the LoS. 3) they did not use the te as much as i thought ther should have. it was working. and it was working probably because it's something that the jets has not really planned for. 4) tehre are times when i think tb is "maturing" into a bledsoe. he's better and more acomplished, but he does not seem as comfortable anymore when the game becomes a grinder. he gets impatient and tends to force things. Defense 1) how do you fix butler? you don't. at least not yet. any cb will have difficulty like that if the qb is allowed to throw that well. the difference between wha is aw with butler today versus cbs in previous years, butler was actually right there at the play. hobbs watch the receiver complete the pass from 2-3 yards away. had the passes been less perfect, he could handle the size disadvantage (i know it was frustrating). 2) the fix is still pass pressure. anyone who brings up the three sacks is looking at this from the wrong PoV. sacks are an element of what needs to be accomplished. i saw they were succeeding when they brought in more than 3 rushers. unfortunately they did not do it enough. from sanchez's pov, they probably know that the pats will bring more than 4 on x% of the time in every game, so they just just wait for when there are only 3 pass rushers and boom! i believe sending just the three DLs that many times puts too much work on them. notice how they normaly would start well and fade in the second half? 3) bad tackles. i cannot forgive ninkovich for not bringing down LT on that run that set up the td. he had his arms around LT! a lot here, but except for the OL, i believe each on here is fixable.
    Posted by seattlepat70

With 3 pretty goog TEs, you can bet that the Jets were ready for them. Defenders not breaking down and missed tackles on the Jets part is another issue.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Posted by agcsbill

He's in the bathroom with egg on his head and eating crow. His mouth may be bigger than Big Rex.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GeorgieMcBushwick. Show GeorgieMcBushwick's posts

In Response to 1-1 Isn't The End Of The World.:
    There are only 4 un-beaten AFC teams: -Chiefs (not a big threat) -Texans  -Dolphins -Steelers Just because we lost a game doesn't mean we're done. If we can play mentally tough, and maintain the correct effort for 4 quarters, we'll win a lot of games.
    Posted by vertigho

no but the new england fans and media can shut up now about how great the pats organization is. Look, the jets are arrogant jerks, but they were the better team by quite a bit yesterday. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from highflysox. Show highflysox's posts

nothing was better than tommy boys sad sack face....poor poor little tommy boy
    Posted by SPINJIM59

Kudos to you jim.     At least someone HAS THE BALLZZZ TO TELL IT LIKE IT IS. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

exactly 1-1 isnt the end off the world,  the D had some major growing pains yesterday since its a young group this will happen from time to time this year it has shown flashes of what it can do.   the run game wil be there the jets have a very  Good run D  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cellucci. Show cellucci's posts

it is in my mind

Sections
Shortcuts