#1 Defense NE Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Re: #1 Defense NE Patriots

11th in D? If healthy? Really? 

If this D is healthy they are in top 5 in points and yards and have a shot at top 2.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

If this D is healthy they are in top 5 in points and yards and have a shot at top 2.

Yes, if nobody gets hurt, everyone plays at or above the best they have ever played, the rookie 1st round pick is the DROY, Hightower learns how to cover, Wilfork defies every achilles example throughout history, and the DL figures out how not to give up 4.5 yards per carry, I think a top 5 D is perfectly reasonable. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"It is something to consider, bustchise, but if you lead the conf. In turnovers it is a very minor statistic."

In the regular season perhaps. But turnovers can be a fluky stat and in recent postseasons we have not done well forcing turnovers. Then the fact that other offenses have converted on many third and longs and dominated time of possession, limiting our offensive chances - it's one big factor that has hurt us on the postseason.

Total points allowed is still a more important stat though.

I like our defense to the tune of an 8 or a 9th best, which is plenty good enough for a deep postseason run. If I could see how we were going to get more sacks and pressures I would be even more optimistic, but I still like our chances on D overall.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Points allowed, turnovers comes a close second... Nothing else matters except that the offense scores points.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

Agreed or unless goodell keeps up the funny business.

You are a whiny little vigina.  Is there anyone who cried more than you?  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"It is something to consider, bustchise, but if you lead the conf. In turnovers it is a very minor statistic."

In the regular season perhaps. But turnovers can be a fluky stat and in recent postseasons we have not done well forcing turnovers. Then the fact that other offenses have converted on many third and longs and dominated time of possession, limiting our offensive chances - it's one big factor that has hurt us on the postseason.

Total points allowed is still a more important stat though.

I like our defense to the tune of an 8 or a 9th best, which is plenty good enough for a deep postseason run. If I could see how we were going to get more sacks and pressures I would be even more optimistic, but I still like our chances on D overall.

I think it is unrealistic to demand a minimum of 2 turnovers everu postseason game like their average is/has been.

It just is not rational to expect that.

I still say if talib does not go down in the title game, the score would have been different.

Yes, Queenie, if it doesn't rain, you won't need an umbrella, you freakin moron.  Sounds like your upset about BB's lack of DB depth.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to TheRealBustchise's comment:

[object]

Cant you get better slams? Try Na na nana nana  or Neener neener.  Your starting to sound like Jints. Don't tell me you spend your summers on Fire Island as well...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

BB has been adding slowly to the D this summer. He has started by teaching the 3-4 and then will add in more as the season goes. I say that because they may start slow. Most defenses dont gel until about 4th or 5th game. Other defenses will gel quicker because they arent inserting that many looks, formations,etc. It should make us a better D down the stretch but they may not come out hitting on all cylinders. Just cautioning because some here act like they are gonna come out pitching shutouts. I mean they could but I would rather be more realistic. I have to see BB let them play more aggressive in reg. season before I believe it.

By seasons ends, if no major injuries we should be near the top but it may not look great out the gate.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

[object]

Cant you get better slams? Try Na na nana nana  or Neener neener.  Your starting to sound like Jints. Don't tell me you spend your summers on Fire Island as well...

Bludgeoned busty and gunty walk hand in hand on that island.

Where was I bludgeoned again?  Was is the part where you could not explain how the Jets front 7 had the best run D in the NFL with only two "good" players?  How does that work again?

Or was it the part where you claimed that the patsies pass D was great and the Jets was awful even though they gave up 1 less TD and point 1 yards less per attempt - for those of you math challenged, that's about 100 yards on the season.

#QueenieBludgeonedAgain

#QueenieNeverLearns

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

BB has been adding slowly to the D this summer. He has started by teaching the 3-4 and then will add in more as the season goes. I say that because they may start slow. Most defenses dont gel until about 4th or 5th game. Other defenses will gel quicker because they arent inserting that many looks, formations,etc. It should make us a better D down the stretch but they may not come out hitting on all cylinders. Just cautioning because some here act like they are gonna come out pitching shutouts. I mean they could but I would rather be more realistic. I have to see BB let them play more aggressive in reg. season before I believe it.

By seasons ends, if no major injuries we should be near the top but it may not look great out the gate.

You'd think BB would have taught the 3-4 say 10 years ago.  I hope that will leave the slow Hightower in coverage against all world TE, Jeff Cumberland.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

[object]

It was the one that seemed most appropriate for the whiny little vigina (your alter ego) crying about refs and injuries.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[object]

Bludgeoned busty and gunty walk hand in hand on that island.

na NA nana nana...neener neener

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Points allowed, turnovers comes a close second... Nothing else matters except that the offense scores points.

Woz even with the questionable talent Bellichick has surrounded Brady with the O will score because of Brady...the real questions are will ut D melt in the clutch and/or fail to get 3 and outs especially when needed...that's what matters stats mean squat and D hasn't been exactly great in those things on recent years...and for a genius Pats pass rush has been lacking for years and may this year too...i really wouldn't go all Steel Curtain just yet

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

Woz even with the questionable talent Bellichick has surrounded Brady with the O will score because of Brady...the real questions are will ut D melt in the clutch and/or fail to get 3 and outs especially when needed...that's what matters stats mean squat and D hasn't been exactly great in those things on recent years...and for a genius Pats pass rush has been lacking for years and may this year too...i really wouldn't go all Steel Curtain just yet

This is what wozzy does! Move over Michael Jackson, there's a new king of POP.

He makes absurdly bold predictions and when they don't come to pass he makes excuses and says if it hadn't happened th pats would have won the sb. Then arrogantly lashes out at the non homer fans. Its year 5 of wozzydoo's top defense prediction... 

One of my favorite wozzy isms is 5 mins after the sb ended he said the patriots would have had the best defense in the league if they didn't have injuries. The wins over. 2 rookie qbs and josh freeman were all the proof he needs lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say, health provided, this defense could finish the season as the top ranked defense in the NFL.

RESPONSE: Well, so much for this prediction, made in July of 2013. In 2014, I don't see the Pats as a top 5 "D". But, top 12 is a possibility...and that might be good enough. Let's face it. On paper right now, the Denver Broncos clearly appear to be the better team. They have a much better passing attack, and their defense, bolstered by the triple free agency acquisitions of CB Aqib Talib, SS T. J. Ward, and DE DeMarcus Ware, seems formidable, when added to standouts DT Terrance Knighton, OLB Von Miller, and LB Danny Trevathan (out 6-8 weeks with a broken knee-cap) 

Major factors; Adrian Wilson, Tommy Kelly, Talib, Armond Armstead, Collins and a couple others draftees who will make the squad, as well as the jump made by the second year players.  

RESPONSE: The best laid plans for change by BB on his "D" in 2013 crashed and burned.  Armond Armstead retired on July 16th, 2014. Adrian Wilson was mercifully released by the Pats on April 4, 2014

We will jump from 15th in sacks, where we've ranked for a while up into the top 3 thanks to additions at DT.

RESPONSE: What did you have to back this boast up, even back in July of 2013? Kelly and Wilfolk were never top pass-rushers, even during their younger days. Armstead was the hope going into last season, until health factors derailed him. The current hope is that Dominique Easley's injuries are behind him. BB knows that the Pats desperately need someone who can provide an interior rush, if the Pats ever hope to beat that Horseface and his Broncos. So...he rolled dice big-time on Easley. He took a similar gamble on injury prone CB Ras-I Dowling in 2011. Let's hope BB doesn't roll snake-eyes twice.     

Linebacker has never been this deep and the defensive backfield has always intercepted the ball regardless how "bad" this defense was perceived to be.

RESPONSE: "LB has never been this deep..." Last year, this was true. But, not this year. The Pats top three LBs, Mayo, Hightower and Collins, are good...but there's little quality depth behind them. Veteran Anderson appears to be a good reserve. But, the Pats have little at ILB, where they're lost both Spikes and Fletcher through free agency. That is why three year veteran Darius Fleming stands a good chance to make the team. Other than at SS, the secondary appears to be deeper, and sound. The presence of Revis alone should make this unit better. Better play in the secondary gives hope of a better pass-rush.

High expectations? Yeah, but history is on our side.

RESPONSE: In light of the Ras-I Dowling disaster, how is "history on our side"? The other thing to consider is that the Pats finished 30th against the run last year. Losing their best run defender (other than Wilfolk) in Brandon Spikes won't help the cause. But Spikes had clearly worn out his welcome in New England, and had to go. Perhaps a healthy Wilfolk/Kelly tandum, and the return of Jerod Mayo, will serve to shore up this weakness?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Points allowed over a full season is a good stat, but during the season it's not quite so good as the sample size is small and it's fairly volatile.

Yards per play is a good one because it correlates well with points, but doesn't suffer from small samples.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Points allowed over a full season is a good stat, but during the season it's not quite so good as the sample size is small and it's fairly volatile.

Yards per play is a good one because it correlates well with points, but doesn't suffer from small samples. 

Turnover differential rules! Whichever team forces the most turnovers while, at the same, time limiting their own turnovers...wins.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Wait, pro thinks yards per play is more important then ppg? 

[object HTMLDivElement]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

RESPONSE: Well, so much for this prediction, made in July of 2013. In 2014, I don't see the Pats as a top 5 "D". But, top 12 is a possibility...and that might be good  

I equate this post to you boasting because both our starting DT's, our leading tackler Mayo, Spikes and Talib got hurt, and somehow that substantiates something you were said?

Our defensive weakness was run stopping and we lost both run stopping tackles.  Congratulations... you're about a year too late pal.  

This defense was a top three defense to start last season, that's not an opinion that's a statistical fact.  

DT is an important position, football is won in the trenches.  Period.  

If you want to continue giving off the appearance that you know nothing about football post a response.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Burp

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

This is nonsense...

They tally the game in points, when they start scoring games like fantasy football you will have been correct.

If you average more yards per play, yet I prevent you from scoring and win do you have a celebratory dinner or something?

Silly..

Sections
Shortcuts