#1 threat to a 4th Trophy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

#1 threat to a 4th Trophy

It is without a doubt that I feel Baltimore is New England's greatest threat in the playoffs this year.  Here is how I rank the remaining teams as threats to the Patriots winning their 4th Lombardi Trophy in February.

1) Baltimore... Excellence on road, played New England tough 3 times in a row.
    2) Indianapolis.. Defense getting stronger, Manning factor, can put up 40+.
    3) Green Bay... Almost beat NE with backup, incredible secondary, best defense.
    4) Atlanta... Most complete team, Ryan makes few mistakes, excellent pass rush
    5) Kansas City... Can run on anyone, Crennel & Weiss, speedy defense.
    6) Philadelphia... Vick is unpredictable,  dangerous recievers,  A+ return teams. 
    7) New Orleans... Defending Champs,  Brees is tough,  lots of weapons.
    8) Pittsburgh... Polamalu can win games, Big Ben + broken plays= trouble.
    9) Chicago... No snow at the Super Bowl, Julius Peppers is a monster.
    10) New York Jets... team has talented defense, will seek revenge.
    11) Seattle... just happy to be invited.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: #1 threat to a 4th Trophy

NO ONE! We're coasting to the SB. As a fan, I'm not worried, but I hope BB instills fear in their hearts. They can't get soft and think they've already won. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

To beat the Pats a team is going to have to score 30.

The only team putting anywhere near that many on the Pats is the Colts.

In the NFC, maybe the Saints -- if Brees has the game of his life (again) -- but I would be very surprised.

Unless the friendly turnover gods suddenly decide to abandon the Pats, I just don't see anyone stopping them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"To beat the Pats a team is going to have to score 30."

You never know.  That's what everybody thought in 2007 and obviously it didn't turn out that way

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

The #1 threat to a 4th trophy is not any team.  It's the possibility of injury to a key starter.  I'm not saying this will be a cakewalk, but that's just the way I see it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

THE PATRIOTS !!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

In Response to Re: #1 threat to a 4th Trophy:
    [QUOTE]"To beat the Pats a team is going to have to score 30." You never know.  That's what everybody thought in 2007 and obviously it didn't turn out that way
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

exactly.. wasn't TBs response to Plaxicio  " he only thinks we will score 14?"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PerryM. Show PerryM's posts

Only team to beat the Patriots will be the Patriots, play well and not make mistakes and we will have the 4th Lombardi

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

You guys are right.

The Pats can't score.

What was I thinking?

Everything we've seen to this point is quite obviously an optical illusion.

Clearly, New England is toast.

Undecided

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

The Patriots are the only thing that can beat this team. If we play our game we will win..........We just can't beat ourselves.........all year we have gotten Turnovers and big plays ..........that needs to continue..........

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]The Patriots are the only thing that can beat this team. If we play our game we will win..........We just can't beat ourselves.........all year we have gotten Turnovers and big plays ..........that needs to continue..........
    Posted by EASON11[/QUOTE]
    I agree but unfortunately I think this could be said for several teams in the Playoffs.

As far as putting up a high score, I thought the Pats would score over 30 in 2007 against the Giants.  That didnt workout so well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I'll give it to Green Bay, if they can get through.  They're the only ones who stood up to the Pats recently, and they'd be playing on neutral turf in Dallas.  I give them #2 on my own all-numeric power rankings. The Packers still have to play three road games to get to the SB, so I don't count on them being there.

Pittsburgh is right behind Green Bay and will most likely get through to the AFC title game in Foxboro, so realistically that should be the toughest game.  I have the Patriots numerically favored by 9.4 points in that tilt, with the non-numeric caution that BB usually plays opponents better in the second game of a season, and in the first game the Steelers went down kind of rough at home.  The Patriots were up 18 points with 4 minutes left in the fourth quarter.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]You guys are right. The Pats can't score. What was I thinking? Everything we've seen to this point is quite obviously an optical illusion. Clearly, New England is toast.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

It's an optical illusion:

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

[QUOTE]"To beat the Pats a team is going to have to score 30." You never know.  That's what everybody thought in 2007 and obviously it didn't turn out that way
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

Was going to say the exact same thing.  Brady laughed when Plaxico said it was going to be what, 21-17?  How'd that one turn out.

To the OP, KC is not the 5th most dangerous team.  That Baltimore match-up is terrible for them.  KC is very similar to Baltimore, the only problem is the Ravens do pretty much everything KC does better than KC does it. 

The Ravens are absolutely the biggest threat.  I think the Pats have the Steelers #.  I agree that Indy is a little scary because they can go off offensively but if they get by the Jets I give them little to no chance of winning at Pitt so it doesn't really matter.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

The biggest threat is the lack of playoff experience of almost all of their defense.  Aside from Vince, who's played meaningful minutes in a playoff win? 

Once they get that first playoff win I think they'll be fine the rest of the way, but until they do all they have is last January's nightmare.

Getting a first half lead next Sunday will be key.  I don't like their chances of making a 4th quarter comeback against the Ravens, or even the Jets.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlderbutWiser. Show OlderbutWiser's posts

NE's glaring weakness is in the secondary and Manning is best able to exploit that weakness than any other QB in AFC. I must admit that NE defense is playing better than they did earlier in the year, but it is young and might be prone to making mistakes in playoff games.
    In my opinion the ultimate winner could be anyone other than the Chiefs. Hopefully, there will be miracles this weekend and both the Chiefs and Jets will win their games. Sadly, I am not that religious so the Ravens and Colts are favored to beat their opponents.
    Let's wait until we know who is left in the field before we start making odds. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Fear this,

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Two polar opposites: complaceny and trying too hard.
    BB will not let the first happen, hence, the unusual but important full pads practies, self scotting and the like. The second, trying too hard, not just doing your job, but doing the other guys job; not playing within the players capability or the team's scheme's; that could happen, too. But mainly on defense. I'm not worried about the offense.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

The only ones I fear are Manning and his buddies the refs. Somehow it seems the Mannings'; Archie and Peyton have Goodell and the refs in their pocket. That is why I will be rooting for the Jets to beat the Colts this saturday.  Other than that I do not fear anyone else.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]The Patriots are the only thing that can beat this team. If we play our game we will win..........We just can't beat ourselves.........all year we have gotten Turnovers and big plays ..........that needs to continue..........
    Posted by EASON11[/QUOTE]

Is your space button broken? jk I use the tripple dot a lot myself.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: #1 threat to a 4th Trophy : exactly.. wasn't TBs response to Plaxicio  " he only thinks we will score 14?"
    Posted by mgraham[/QUOTE]

As I recall TB's comment was "14 points?  Is Plax going to play defense?"  The rest was indecipherable because TB couldn't not pull his foot out of his mouth.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

The scariest team out there is the Pack IMO...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I picked Colts, because they are the team I expect to be "helped" past the Pats.

I guess a Seahawks or Cards fan should feel the same way about the Steelers.  But the Steelers have not been so helped past the Pats.

The easiest challenge?  The Jets.  They stumbled through the final month and the QB is hurt.

Oh yeah, and he isn't good when he is not hurt.

Sections
Shortcuts