10 Most valuable Sports franchises in World

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

10 Most valuable Sports franchises in World

Just saw this on Yahoo and it was eye opening. Not only were the Red Sox in the Top 10 so were the Patriots. Boston was along with NY the only place in America to have two teams listed in top 10. Team #2 was Manchester United and the rest of the teams came from the English Premeir League and Spanish Pro League so Soccer was well represented.

1. New York Yankees

League: Major League Baseball

Brand Value: $328 million

With a cash cow for a new stadium and a 27th World Series banner now hanging beyond the right field bleachers, the Bronx Bombers claim top spot in our ranking for the first time.

4. Dallas Cowboys

League: National Football League

Brand Value: $208 million

The Cowboys brand is worth $128 million more than the average NFL team and $15 million more than that of NFC East rivals Philadelphia and New York combined.

8. Boston Red Sox

Brand Value: $163 million

The Red Sox average ticket cost of $50 last season was almost double the Major League Baseball average.

9. New York Mets

Brand Value: $158 million

The Mets have built their brand in part by successfully integrating the Brooklyn Dodgers and New York Giants' storied pasts with their own (look no further than Citi Field's Jackie Robinson Rotunda).

10. New England Patriots

League: National Football League

Brand Value: $156 million

The Pats, who've won three Super Bowls and five conference titles under the ownership of Bob Kraft, draw the highest local TV ratings among AFC teams in the 15 largest media markets in the U.S.

http://www.forbes.com/2010/05/17/most-valuable-sports-team-brands-business-sports-brands_slide_2.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Re: 10 Most valuable Sports franchises in World

Shocked there were no comments posted from this!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

who cares, stupid post!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Pretty amazing given the Pats situation when Kraft took over the ballclub.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

no way the yankees are bigger than Real Madrid or Manchester United, those teams are the elite in a non-salary capped sport.  Plus, the yankees only have a market in the US [no other country gives two "sheets" for baseball], and soccer is the worlds most popular sport.

id have to say that there are a lot of teams that have a bigger brand than the yankees.
    the mets shouldnt even be in the top 50, thats just a disgrace

i question the legitimacy of this "research" 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I'm with Gulo, I thought for sure a European soccer team would own the number 1. 

Barcelona, Madrid, Inter-Milan, Chelsea, Man U... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In Response to Re: 10 Most valuable Sports franchises in World:
    no way the yankees are bigger than Real Madrid or Manchester United, those teams are the elite in a non-salary capped sport.  Plus, the yankees only have a market in the US [no other country gives two "sheets" for baseball], and soccer is the worlds most popular sport. id have to say that there are a lot of teams that have a bigger brand than the yankees. the mets shouldnt even be in the top 50, thats just a disgrace i question the legitimacy of this "research" 
    Posted by Gulo
    ..whats the matter..shadows of Buckner still haunting you at nite? Get real, they have value and that's that

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

russ... that was why I posted this the fact that the Patriots (not a huge market by any means) are mentioned in the same breath as the European soccer teams is what amazed me and again why I posted this... as for Manchester United they will be #1 again starting next year they have a new deal for swag. NYY went past them temporarily this year due to the new stadium mostly.
    NYY will likely be 3rd again as both Manchester United and Real Madrid are poised to go past them.

As for Cowboys they are the most well known American Football team in the world. So that makes sense... cheerleaders help that out as well.

As for Red Sox that makes sense when you look at the Latin American influence the Sox have and the Asian brand they have now as well.

I guess if there was a suprise on here it was the Mets.
    As for who did the report it was Forbes... hardly a company to disparage when it comes to valuing worth.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

What's amazing is how the Pats are in a much smaller market than all these teams listed, including the worldwide sport, soccer. Boston has 600,000 people in it. NY has 15 million, proper. Heck, even Dallas has geogrpahical dominance in the South, Southwest and longevity on their side. What Kraft has done is simply incredible. By far and away the best owner in sports.
    Posted by russgriswold

The information you use or lack thereof to convince yourself of things must make life regularly difficult on you. 

Here's a little more info on populations:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_of_United_States_Metropolitan_Statistical_Areas

Greater Boston is ranked 10th in the US in population at 4.6 million.  since Foxborough sits in between it and Providence, the Providence MSA can also be used.  It is #37 @ 1.6 mill.  Finally - Worcester (also in relative proximity to Foxborough) is #64 @ .8 mill.  All told the pats have a conservative population base of 7 million residents.  Together the Pats population base is larger than all but NY, LA, and Chicago.  Maybe Philly (who alone is 5th) has some population base beyond its own MSA, like the Pats, to make its base larger, but that's not the point. 

The pats do not have a pop base of only 600k.  It is 12 times that.  Its fine to be a ball washer, but you might want to tone down your absolute amazement of things when you learn that your reality is flawed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

What's amazing is how the Pats are in a much smaller market than all these teams listed, including the worldwide sport, soccer. Boston has 600,000 people in it. NY has 15 million, proper. Heck, even Dallas has geogrpahical dominance in the South, Southwest and longevity on their side. What Kraft has done is simply incredible. By far and away the best owner in sports.
    Posted by russgriswold
    ...Russ, I will credit Kraft for taking over a poorly run franchise and changing it's dynamic. However I need some clarification of the numbers you cite. Boston (city) is 600000+. "Metropolitan Boston"--city/surrounding counties/and some of NH is 4.5mil. "New England"--ME/NH/VT/RI/CT is 14.3mi. NYC population is 8.3mil. "Metropolitan NY"--city/LI/NorthNJ/5 upstate counties/1county in PA) is 19.1mil. Granted southern CT is likely to go both ways but NE has a large area (and population) to draw from. So I think your numbers are a bit off in terms of this kind of comparison. The definitions of "Metropolitan" varies also but I used numbers I found and tried to cite them as an "apples to apples" comparison

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

Only someone like yourself would claim the Boston media market is larger and hence more beneficial financially than NYs....please cite where I say this. You said 600000 against 15 million and the numbers I gave confirmed the NY tri state area is bigger in population than what NE draws from. If you want Boston against NY it's 600000 against 8.3, straight up. Try not to hate so much. You may love to hype 3-4 defense versus 4-3 and some here just love to hear you spout your rose-colored glasses hyperbole, but you are obviously a true homer that gives everything to your team and nothing to anyone else.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Who said the Pats pop base was bigger than NY's?  Not me.  I specifically said it was not.  Try reading before commenting.  

And when you do, you will see that.  You will also see that the population of the area the pats represent is TOP 5 IN THE US.  Humans with a brain call that a major market.  

What NFL team does have a network deal like MLB teams?  Apples and Oranges.

Again - be the fanatic you wish, but do it with the facts. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

jerrys mad because his mom caucht the herle burles from a hobo they both trusted and now have to live it down or is that up
    Posted by whoremaster

You promised you wouldnt tell!!!!! Yell

Sections
Shortcuts