***10 predictions that might make me look crazy***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

***10 predictions that might make me look crazy***

1.  Boyce will have more receptions, yards and TD's than Dobson this year.

2.  Buchanan will be top 5 on the team in sacks.

3.  Logan Ryan will lead the team in interceptions.

4.  Shane Vereen will score the 3rd most TD's (behind Gronk and Ridley).

5. Tommy Kelly will have more sacks than VW.

6.  Steve Beauharnais will make people wonder how he lasted until the 7th round.

7.  Duron Harmon will have the 2nd most tackles amongst NE safeties (behind only DMC).

8.  Kenbrell Thompkins will have end up with more receptions, yards and TD's than Amendola (well, that's not really crazy considering Amendola is sure to miss time).

9.  Dont'e Hightower will be in the Pro Bowl discussion.

10.  NE will have a top 10 pass defense.

GO PATS!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: ***10 predictions that might make me look crazy***

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

I can see this. He certainly looked more ahead of Dobson coming out of camp. I thought Dobson will be a good WR but as I said at the draft I might not have picked him in the 2nd over a couple of the other options

You could be right: Nink, Jones, Kelly, Hightower all look like they could have more sacks but not sure I'm seeing anyone else who could produce. Spikes and Wilfork maybe but not seeing more than 5 sacks from them at most which gives Buchanan a shot if he's a pure sub package rusher

This one I can't see. Unless Dennard misss significant time not sure Ryan will work his way into the starting line up. Be hard to get ints if he doesn't get enough snaps. My money is on McCourty

Very possible but I think the rooks in Thompkins and Sudfeld will give him a run for his money. Given their size they will see a lot of red zone packages

This one might be an easy call. Wilfork will get the majority of dbl teams and hasn't really been a big sack guy in his career

6.  Steve Beauharnais will make people wonder how he lasted until the 7th round.

I can't see that. Maybe he'll make a decent name in a sub role but he has way to much talen in front of him to make that type of impact

7.  Duron Harmon will have the 2nd most tackles amongst NE safeties (behind only DMC).

Unlike Beauharnais there is no one in front or Harmon so it's possible. The question becomes if he can get more time than Gregory, who isn't known as a big tackle guy anyways

8.  Kenbrell Thompkins will have end up with more receptions, yards and TD's than Amendola (well, that's not really crazy considering Amendola is sure to miss time).

lol this is all about if and how much time Amendola will miss

He has the potential but there are a lot of great OLB's out there. He's going to have a hard time competing for a spot against the likes of Von Miller (even after suspension). He's going to have to have dbl digit sack and good turn over numbers to have a shot

This on might be the most crazy. They have some great upfront talent but the depth is very weak. It will all depend on injures and if the young guys can continue to develop. But, at least they will be moving in the right direction. Then again they've been the worst pass defense in the league over the last 5 yrs so they have no where to go but up

GO PATS!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I love Boyce, but I'll still take Dobson.

I think this is certainly possible, if not probable.

Can't see this one...

Yards from scrimage, yes. TDs, I'd be suprised.

Probably.

Agree.  I think he is a sleeper to make an impact.

Harmon is  a pretty physical player, and I think he will see plenty of time.  I like this prediction.

Hope not.  Love Thompkins, but if Danny is healthy he will lead in both catagories.

Highly agree.  He could be a very improved player this year.

This is all about the amount of pressure that we can put on the QB.  I can see it!

GO PATS!!!!!!!

Good stuff, MB.  I like your thoughts here.  Go Pats!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Time to revisit my predictions from 9/8:

RESULT:  Wrong.

RESULT:  Correct, though being tied with 6 others with 2 sacks isn't saying much and he probably... injuries also played a factor.

RESULT:  Correct, though Talib didn't play the entire season.

RESULTS: Wrong, though he was injured much of the season.

RESULT:  Correct, though both missed much of the season.

RESULT:  Wrong, hasn't really seen the field outside of ST.

RESULT:  Wrong, he finished a distant 3rd.

RESULT:  Wrong, though he did have more TD's, haha.

RESULT:  Wrong, has been just OK for the most part... leading the team in tackles.

RESULT:  Wrong, defense has been ravaged by injury and while they're Top 10 in QBR against, they closer to 20th in yards and TD's allowed.

GO PATS!!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Time to revisit my predictions from 9/8:

RESULT:  Wrong.

RESULT:  Correct, though being tied with 6 others with 2 sacks isn't saying much and he probably... injuries also played a factor.

RESULT:  Correct, though Talib didn't play the entire season.

RESULTS: Wrong, though he was injured much of the season.

RESULT:  Correct, though both missed much of the season.

RESULT:  Wrong, hasn't really seen the field outside of ST.

RESULT:  Wrong, he finished a distant 3rd.

RESULT:  Wrong, though he did have more TD's, haha.

RESULT:  Wrong, has been just OK for the most part... leading the team in tackles.

RESULT:  Wrong, defense has been ravaged by injury and while they're Top 10 in QBR against, they closer to 20th in yards and TD's allowed.

GO PATS!!!!!!!

Well it would be an acceptable batting average. Injurys killed you wilfork, Kelly, Thompkins, Gronk and vereen.  If healthy you would have had a better shot. I miss the wilfork/Kelly duo, they would have made the D nasty 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

well you did say crazy in the title so we can give you a break. #6 and 10 were really the only crazy one's as the rest were possible and almost happened

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Geezzz...kinda looks like my weekly football picks...mostly wrong...

That's what makes football so great, predictable it is not....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

I don't know how crazy 10 was. After 4 games with Vince, Kelly, mayo and a healthy talib and dennard it was looking possible.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Bold predictions but not crazy if you know the players. On #10, yes, they don't have a top ten passing D, but do (I think after yesterday's win against the buzzards) have a top ten d in points allowed. They were 11th going into yesterday's game...I take this over passing d any day.

the only one that was a big ? Was the Stevie B prediction. I really wanted to see him and thought we would with mayo out. He has the potential...do you think we see him at all this year? 

Logan Ryan was my pick for the pats back on the draft board. I really like how he has played. Gives bb a little cushion with talibs contract. 

Who is in the running for DROY? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Steve Beauharnais looks good every time he's out there when I've watched him, I'm surprised he hasn't got out there more.

And I thought Boyce was going to be the best receiver we had this year - I mean I expected there to be growing pains - but this is ridiculous.

I thought the Dobson pick was terrible...thought he was the worst receiver we could of picked at that spot...hated him. I thought he was stiff, offered nothing after the catch and basically thought he was a younger Michael Jenkins...nothing more. Well he looks better than that now.

I thought Hightower was going to have to be the key to this defense's improvement, I was wrong there...he's had little effect on it. Now I wasn't sure he was capable, but I thought it was totally necessary because you just can't keep missing on high picks and have it not hurt you. If everyone stayed healthy and he played like he has...it wouldn't of hurt us like I thought it would.

I thought Ryan was a pass interference penalty waiting to happen. I also thought he was so lost and buried during training camp that he'd do nothing to help this team this year.

I did love Collins...thought he moved like no one we had in our linebacker core. I did expect him to be more of a Mark Anderson type off the edge helping Jones though, than a cover type. I think those days are still ahead of him. I see him more as a Roman Phiefer type now.

I've been pretty wrong.

Sections
Shortcuts