Re: ***10 predictions that might make me look crazy***
posted at 12/23/2013 9:20 AM EST
In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
Time to revisit my predictions from 9/8:
1. Boyce will have more receptions, yards and TD's than Dobson this year.
2. Buchanan will be top 5 on the team in sacks.
RESULT: Correct, though being tied with 6 others with 2 sacks isn't saying much and he probably... injuries also played a factor.
3. Logan Ryan will lead the team in interceptions.
RESULT: Correct, though Talib didn't play the entire season.
4. Shane Vereen will score the 3rd most TD's (behind Gronk and Ridley).
RESULTS: Wrong, though he was injured much of the season.
5. Tommy Kelly will have more sacks than VW.
RESULT: Correct, though both missed much of the season.
6. Steve Beauharnais will make people wonder how he lasted until the 7th round.
RESULT: Wrong, hasn't really seen the field outside of ST.
7. Duron Harmon will have the 2nd most tackles amongst NE safeties (behind only DMC).
RESULT: Wrong, he finished a distant 3rd.
8. Kenbrell Thompkins will have end up with more receptions, yards and TD's than Amendola (well, that's not really crazy considering Amendola is sure to miss time).
RESULT: Wrong, though he did have more TD's, haha.
9. Dont'e Hightower will be in the Pro Bowl discussion.
RESULT: Wrong, has been just OK for the most part... leading the team in tackles.
10. NE will have a top 10 pass defense.
RESULT: Wrong, defense has been ravaged by injury and while they're Top 10 in QBR against, they closer to 20th in yards and TD's allowed.
Well it would be an acceptable batting average. Injurys killed you wilfork, Kelly, Thompkins, Gronk and vereen. If healthy you would have had a better shot. I miss the wilfork/Kelly duo, they would have made the D nasty