10 years of playoff losses - have Pats become Colts??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: 10 years of playoff losses - have Pats become Colts??

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wasn't talking about play-off wins.  Was talking about regular season wins where their point differential was high, as you stated.

What part of they beat the contenders such as the Gints, Ravens and Colts, by a FG ,and the 45 point wins( which raised the point differential) were against crap, don't you understand?

The point differential in the PO's were 11, 9 and -3. , which is less than a 6 point average.

Not quite the same as in the RS against crappy teams, now was it?

[/QUOTE]

I have literally no idea what you are saying here.  The 2007 Patriots did not play the Ravens or Colts in the playoffs.  The Ravens were not even a playoff team that year.  As I stated previously the Patriots played 6 regular season games against teams that made the playoffs that year and they won by an average of almost 20 points.  Sure their margin of victory in the playoffs was smaller.  It almost always is.  This still doesn't change the fact that saying the 2007 Patriots lacked talent is patently absurd.

[/QUOTE]

2007 pats may have been the most talented team of 20 years. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes, since the salary CAP started in 1994 I would give the Pats that title.

The Patriots ran into a buzzsaw that shut down their passing game. Unable to make any adjustments they could only keep spitting into the wind an could only muster up 14 points. Our D, in giving up 17, did as well as they did for most of the season.

Why exactly our O sputtered, and why we couldn't adjust, I don't know, water over the dam at this point but it was our O that must shoulder the responsibility for not securing the perfect season, not the D.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The point differential you mentioned was because they beat the crappy teams by 17-46 points.

As much as I loved that team, it was a hell of a ride! You'd have to be totally blind not to see there were kinks in the armor against the not so crappy teams.

[/QUOTE]

As I have stated a few times already.  The 2007 Patriots played 6 teams in the regular season that made the playoffs.  They won those games by an average of 20 points.  Was their margin of victory higher against bad teams?  Yes.  Did they play a few close games?  Of course.  Every team does.  I am saying if you look at the entire body of work they also dominated some pretty good teams that year (Dallas, San Diego, Pittsburgh).  Washington was a wild card team and they beat them by 45.  It is crazy to say they weren't talented enough just because they WON a few close games.

[/QUOTE]

Ok, listen.  I am saying that they may not have been as dominating as you think BECAUSE they won those few close games.  They did not blow out the Colts, Ravens and Gints (twice).  I am NOT saying they weren't talented, just that not as much as you think.

Are you going to sit there and say they were dominant against all teams.  They weren't.

Those close games and the end results, say differently.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In 2001, 2003, and 2004 the strength of our team was the defense, yet those D's gave up the lead in the final minutes of the 4rth qtr in all 3 SBs. All of them. Think about that.

In 2007 and 2011 our offense was the strength of our teams, not debatable, and while the offense scored for only the 2nd and 3rd time in the final minutes of the game, it left the other team too much time to do what they had done for all 5 SB's.....knife through our beloved defense like hot butter when it counted.

Is the offense no longer responsible for using up time? 4 minute offense ring a bell. Our defense has consistently failed us for 5 SB's in the biggest drives of the game. Our offense could not only score more points in the dynasty era, but it could do something even as valuable,  they could sustain drives amd methodically beat the other team.

Our defense has not played well in the biggest stage, but our defense hasn't been a strength for years. Since our offense has become the strength of this team they have failed in all 5 playoff losses and it has been miserable to watch.

14 points against the gints in SB

13 pts against the ravens at home

21 points against the jets at home,

17 against gints in 2nd SB,

and most recently 13 points at home in afc championship against Baltimore......oh it must be the defense's fault!!!

They have both failed, but only 1 was considered a strength, and it wasn't the defense.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Are you going to sit there and say they were dominant against all teams?

No, but no team ever has been.  My initial comment was prompted by people claiming again that we haven't won a SB because of lack of talent.  Saying the 2007 team didn't have enough talent is crazy imo.  They lost.  It happens.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Keeping with the topic of the 2007 Patriots team...

Before the bye week the Pats offense was averaging 39 points a game, their margin of win was 23 points (ave). 

After the bye week the Pats offense was averaging 33 points per game, their margin of win was 15 points (ave).

In the playoffs the Pats offense was averaging 26 points per game, their margin of win was 10 points (ave).

Looking at this it really isn't a huge surprise that they didn't put up a lot of points in the SB.  Even after the season was over it was documented, even by players, that this 2007 Pats team was tired and pushed too hard at the end of the season going after the perfect season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In 2001, 2003, and 2004 the strength of our team was the defense, yet those D's gave up the lead in the final minutes of the 4rth qtr in all 3 SBs. All of them. Think about that.

In 2007 and 2011 our offense was the strength of our teams, not debatable, and while the offense scored for only the 2nd and 3rd time in the final minutes of the game, it left the other team too much time to do what they had done for all 5 SB's.....knife through our beloved defense like hot butter when it counted.

Is the offense no longer responsible for using up time? 4 minute offense ring a bell. Our defense has consistently failed us for 5 SB's in the biggest drives of the game. Our offense could not only score more points in the dynasty era, but it could do something even as valuable,  they could sustain drives amd methodically beat the other team.

Our defense has not played well in the biggest stage, but our defense hasn't been a strength for years. Since our offense has become the strength of this team they have failed in all 5 playoff losses and it has been miserable to watch.

and most recently 13 points at home in afc championship against Baltimore......oh it must be the defense's fault!!!

They have both failed, but only 1 was considered a strength, and it wasn't the defense.

[/QUOTE]

The Problem is that one is considered a strength and the other not,

Which SB team won with a Top ranked O or D or a bottom ranked O or D.  NONE

That is a huge imbalance, one that did not previously exist.

One that has existed for years now.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Are you going to sit there and say they were dominant against all teams?

[/QUOTE]

No, but no team ever has been.  My initial comment was prompted by people claiming again that we haven't won a SB because of lack of talent.  Saying the 2007 team didn't have enough talent is crazy imo.  They lost.  It happens.

[/QUOTE]

So, you don't think that not dominating against some of the better teams shows a lack of talent or weakness somewhere on that team?

Anytime you can expose an o-line or a D, and beat a team, means there are issues.

Maybe the talent just didn't  show up against some of the better teams?  OK

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

as stated 1000 times or more your D has both SB's in their hands with the oppossing O having a long field and limited time and the first time they had to score 7 not 3...ur D needed one more stop and both times they failed

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

So, you don't think that not dominating against some of the better teams shows a lack of talent or weakness somewhere on that team?

Anytime you can expose an o-line or a D, and beat a team, means there are issues.

Maybe the talent just didn't  show up against some of the better teams?  OK

So you're arguing that because the Patriots didn't dominate all of the better teams they played they must have been lacking in talent?  By that standard no team has ever been talented.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

as stated 1000 times or more your D has both SB's in their hands with the oppossing O having a long field and limited time and the first time they had to score 7 not 3...ur D needed one more stop and both times they failed

[/QUOTE]

Yep.  Funny thing is most people see it this way.  Only some stubborn Pats fans see it differently.  Talk to most non Pats fans and they will say the same thing. 

Caution.....Rose colored glasses cause blindness!! (hmm, might need to make a picture about this)

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

NO. apparently some don't appreciate the team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Actually for as much as we slam Rusty for his anti Brady nonsense, Pezz needs to be considered equally as insane for his anti BB diatrebes. I mean Rusty at least posts on all topics Patriots related, but this guy.....this frikkin guy has a high hard one for Belichick and that seems to be all he cares about!

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps he is compensating for Rusty's insane BB worship a bit.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We as Pats fans used to bask in Mannings Colts choking every year in Playoffs....Its been going on 10 years since last Championship, looks like Pats are now in the same boat.....

[/QUOTE]

I remember you last year. You said Houston would beat us and were very confident as a troll.

You lost when I told you the Houston Texans don't match up well and then were bludgeoned.  I even offered you a wager and you refused.

Brady has turned into Gomer lately in AFC title games, which the stats show, but he ca change that. Philip Rivers proved how tonight.   It's not"going on" 10 years, either. Brady has not had a Lombardi in 7 postseasons he's played in. 7 is not 10.

Only he can fix it, but Brady can play like Rivers did tonight.   But, bandwagoner, this team is clearly more resilient and tougher mentally than any Colts team of the past. It ain't close.

[/QUOTE]
    Didn't Tom Brady just show Cry me a Rivers and the rest of the league how to beat the Donkeys a couple of weeks ago?  Gomer loving Brady Basher!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1. When the Pats QB went down in the first quarter of week 1, did they roll over like dead fish and quit on their season? No, like a real champion, they played their hearts out and became the only 11-5 team to ever miss the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

That should tell you something, but your blind eye does not see that something.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Im a troll LOL - another one I was going to Pats games 20 years before you were born.....Pats are the Colts....

[/QUOTE]

They were the last handful of years since 2007, but I don't think that is the case anymore.

Be prepared.

I noticed you picked Houston to beat us TWICE, which is why I confronted you last year. I even offered wagers which you wussied down from.  

That means you didn't know why our team matched up very well vs them on both sides of the ball. In turn, that means you don't know much about football, so I don't care when you were going to games. It means I am more knowledgeable than yourself.

[/QUOTE]

OK then lets take this bet - if Pats choke again playoffs we dont see you here next year, if Pats win SB as you insist they arent the choking Colts, then I wont be here next year....hows that??

[/QUOTE]

How about this bet!  If the Pats win any playoff games and your Donkeys and Seyton Manning go One and Done AGAIN, you come back and apologize to all Pats fans and disappear forever!  Never mind you'll just come back as Deadspin or something like that...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to jjbag's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Brady has turned into Gomer lately in AFC title games, which the stats show

[/QUOTE]

No freaking QB in the history of the game could/can do what TFB has done/is doing over the years with the teams BB has put on the field.... and that is a big freaking fact, Jack! BB has failed by not providing enough talent on both sides of the ball at the same time and that's the biggest failure and knock on BB.  Fact!

Look at the greatest teams over the years and they had talent on both sides of the ball. 

[/QUOTE]

Fact, BB put together a very talented team both sides of the ball this year, Fact Injuries decimated the defense and injuries and murder decimated our formulated attack plans.

Fact, 2007 best offense ever put in place, Defense though old was still a top 10 D, please donot blame BB for all the teams failures.

With the Cap the way it is, us going to the AFC championship almost every other year, is something Gomer never was able to even entertain with his Mighty Teams, they were more often then not 1 and Done.

Fact, last 3 years Brady has failed during the playoffs.

Final thoughts, its a team effort from the water boy to the Glamour Boy. We as Fans should get up every day and thank our lucky stars we have a competative team year in and year out, with a drop here or a drop there determining whether we are going to another super or winning another one.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that Rusty part Gazillion

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

The past 4-5 playoffs  Brady has been mediocre after posting stellar numbers in regular season.  

We all know about 2007 nightmare super bowl

I give him a pass for 2009 playoffs, when the Pats were clearly outmatched in everyway

2010 still is a mystery to me, especially coming off the amazing 4 INT season.  It was depressing watching Brady play scared and intimidated after throwing the INT that didnt even lead to points by the Jets.

2011,  in all honestly he played below average in the AFCCG and was outplayed big time by Flacco.  He nearly cost the Pats the game by throwing that INT late in the game. Super Bowl wasnt a great showing either,  when he committed the safety and that led to a Giants TD. 9 points right there.   Pats scored on first possession in 2nd half and score again.  

2012 the Pats offense was dominated in every single way in the AFCC.  Was really hard to watch that performance.

Brady must play well to win the Super Bowl.  No way can any team win when QB plays mediocre.  Thats the truth.

If he doesnt play well in 2013 playoffs, Ill give him a pass, because the amount of injuries the Pats have, it is just simply ridicolous.  I am not expecting much in the playoffs due to hardly any offensive weapons left and so many injuries on defense

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No. The Colts had better defenses overall and consistently better receivers than the Pats have had for a number of years now.

[/QUOTE]

Babe - your intentional dishonesty made me laugh.  Good for you, man!  You get a smiley face.  Smile

[/QUOTE]

My comparison of the "Manning years Colts" and the "Pats of recent years" is perfectly honest and accurate.

But I don't expect a lying troll like yourself to admit that. You don't have an honest bone in your body.

But I'll prove you are the liar rather than me, because...  it's fun to expose the wicked.

From 2001 through 2010, the "Brady-Manning a Colt rivalry years, the Colts were ranked in yards given -

2002 #8

2003 #11

2005 #11

2007 #3

2008 #11

The Patriots in the last 3 seasons were respectively ranked -

2010 - 25th

2011 - 31st

2012 - 25th.

And all this with the Colts playing most games in a dome as opposed to our outdoor venue, where offense, not defense, has an advantage.

Again, you are proven the liar, no me. Laughing

As far as the receiver portion of my claims, Manning had the #3 and #8 (receptions) receivers of all-time for his Colts years. Brady didn't have nearly that level of talent to throw to consistently. Case closed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

The colts would love to be the patriots.

The patriots will never be the colts.

Colts deserve to be talked about in the playoffs like the bills are talked about in the superbowl.