10 years of playoff losses - have Pats become Colts??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: 10 years of playoff losses - have Pats become Colts??

We won three Super Bowls when BB started because he created numerous #1 draft choices and was picking from the top of the board.  Our success hadn't painted a target on our back by that point which made opposing teams chase our coaches, free agents and practice squad players so fervently.  Teams were more eager to trade with us and weren't as concerned about losing free agents to us so they wouldn't match salary offers, now when BB wants a player (Red Bryant, Emmanuel Sanders) those teams wonder why and up the ante.  

We don't sneak up on teams anymore, now every team looks at us like we're the top of the mountain.  You have to be healthy and lucky to win a Super Bowl, that's why only three rings makes you a dynasty, to have been to two more since then with key injuries and win our division every year is as good as it gets.  

The best dynasty teams of all time; Steelers, Cowboys, Packers, 49ers, they didn't have it as good as us for as long.  

You'd better enjoy it now because when BB is gone, so it goes...

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

LOL - all these excuses sound just like Dolts trolls Togah and Underoo after the Colts used to choke every year as favorites in playoffs....

[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter how long you've followed the pats. You are still a troll!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

We as Pats fans used to bask in Mannings Colts choking every year in Playoffs....Its been going on 10 years since last Championship, looks like Pats are now in the same boat.....

[/QUOTE]

I remember you last year. You said Houston would beat us and were very confident as a troll.

You lost when I told you the Houston Texans don't match up well and then were bludgeoned.  I even offered you a wager and you refused.

Brady has turned into Gomer lately in AFC title games, which the stats show, but he ca change that. Philip Rivers proved how tonight.   It's not"going on" 10 years, either. Brady has not had a Lombardi in 7 postseasons he's played in. 7 is not 10.

Only he can fix it, but Brady can play like Rivers did tonight.   But, bandwagoner, this team is clearly more resilient and tougher mentally than any Colts team of the past. It ain't close.

[/QUOTE]

Defense responsible for every play-off loss since 2006.

[/QUOTE]

you are literally clueless.

[/QUOTE]

Really?

Coming from you that is a compliment.

Care to tell the Board what the D did to help win any of those games?

2006, coughed up a huge lead

2007, gave up long possession drives keeping TB on the bench and puking up the lead in the last 35 seconds.

2009, put the team in a 21 point hole in the first 20 minutes of the game.

2010, Handed Buttfumble a 120QBR and sent him to Canton.

2011, see 2007, plus no T/o's, plus no 3 & outs, plus never stopping the Gints on their side of the field, plus ridiculous penalties.

2012,  allowed the Ravens to go 100% in the red zone

Ya, other than those reoccurring issues, they were awesome.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to HeygangLH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I understand that Brady threw 3 TD's and 7 INT's in the last 3 home AFC Championship games. Is that correct?  If so....

Is that defenses fault?

If your QB keeps throwing INT's how can you blame the defense? Brady Apologists ...the floor is now yours.

[/QUOTE]

You wouldn't be Leon the Jets troll would you?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

We as Pats fans used to bask in Mannings Colts choking every year in Playoffs....Its been going on 10 years since last Championship, looks like Pats are now in the same boat.....

Really?  Really?  How many teams have been to multiple SBs and/or conference championship games in the last 6 years?  Is it your contention that not winning the SB is an indicator of failure?  Only two teams every year get that far and the Pats have done it 5 times in 11 years and 7 times for AFCCG games.  How many times have the Colts been there this entire period?

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

I am Leon Hess.  How are are ya Glen R?

Just shaking things up a bit as usual. All these guys with their excuses for losing when Brady's #'s are the reason the pats haven't won anything worth talking about in 10 years.

So How are ya my horribly accented neighbor from the North?

[/QUOTE]

Bull. This is how you compensate for the fact that for the second season in a row the words New York will not be heard when the playoffs are discussed. In fact all the pro teams in the entire state stink.

But hey the Jets have improved this season. No butt fumbles ( yet )

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

Nobody remembers who lost the SB unless it was your team or the team you love to hate. Second place in te NFL is just that.

10 years now and no SB trophy. The way you guys act it's like you won the last 5 in a row.Give it a rest and give me a f'n break!

[/QUOTE]

From a fan of a team that hasn't even been to a SB since before the Beatles broke up that's really funny.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

You're an expert on losing, you sure know what it takes to lose.  You've never seen winning football, so what would you know about that?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

My life doesn't revolve around any sports team like so many New Englander's lives revolve around the pats,celts,bruins and what's the baseball teams name again...oh yeah the sox.

Yes the Jets have improved this year. Everybody picked them to go 0-16 and they end up beating the pats and handing them the other game they played. Handed it to them. I'm hoping that Rex gets the Coach of the year award.

It does revolve being around here, though, doesn't it?  Obessed much with the NE Fan Base? A fan base that enjoys good teams and multiple championships.  Something you desire.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

Hey William- I do enjoy my time in here very much but it seems that you don't enjoy my time in here.

Too bad so sad.You say I desire a Championship. Win lose or draw the outcome of any sports game doesn't affect me in any way. I really don't care that much...unless of course I have a wager on the game then I'm very attentive.

[/QUOTE]

Mr. Disingenuous if that were the case you wouldn't be spewing your incoherence here.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

You're out of your mind.   He loaded up in 2007 and Brady choked. In 2011, Brady was brutal in the 4th qtr which choked the game away.

I just watched the Chargers beat Gomer tonight the way I wish Brady had understood in those games.

Ugh.  When you toss picks or suck in general, it hurts the team. 

[/QUOTE]

This post proves just how f'n moronic you are. No matter how many times you are told how porous the o-line was in SB 42 you continue to say it was Brady's fault. You're the one that's out of your mind. Its pretty tough to play well when Tuck, Strahan and Umenyiora are in your face ALL GAME. Good god, seek help immediately.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

Great debate on the QB vs. Defense and blame for losses.  So here's the question:

How do you define what a good defensive performance is?  Opponent scores less points than your offense.

How do you define what a good offensive performance is? Your offense scores more points than the opponent.

If everything else in between leads to a win, I believe most teams think a win is a good result!

Before the question of who is responsible can be figured out, some definitions need to be set.  Is it points?  Is it turnovers?  Is it only about making the plays on the final drives if the team is in the game?

We need some definition before we can move forward. 

See above.. keeping it simple!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Can you name me a team or QB who is thought of as a perennial loser who has 2 or more SB wins?  

I submit that you cannot because you can't unring that bell.  How long did the steelers go without a SB?  Giants?  Ravens?  49ers?  And it's been 8 years.

[/QUOTE]

Only matters when it is the Pats.  No SB wins in, OMG 8 years, means the Pats are losers!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

This is the kind of whining you can expect from the 'fans' who jumped on the bandwagon after the first SB win

[/QUOTE]

You know, so true. 

How about those if us who were fans when the Pats played in their FIRST SB and lost?  Just getting to the SB was a huge thing back in 1986.  Since then, there is a greater appreciation to just get there versus the "bandwagon" fans who think anything less is abject failure, let alone win the SB!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts