10 years of playoff losses - have Pats become Colts??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: 10 years of playoff losses - have Pats become Colts??

In response to UD6's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

No. The Colts had better defenses overall and consistently better receivers than the Pats have had for a number of years now.

Babe - your intentional dishonesty made me laugh.  Good for you, man!  You get a smiley face.  Smile

My comparison of the "Manning years Colts" and the "Pats of recent years" is perfectly honest and accurate.

But I don't expect a lying troll like yourself to admit that. You don't have an honest bone in your body.

But I'll prove you are the liar rather than me, because...  it's fun to expose the wicked.

From 2001 through 2010, the "Brady-Manning a Colt rivalry years, the Colts were ranked in yards given -

2002 #8

2003 #11

2005 #11

2007 #3

2008 #11

The Patriots in the last 3 seasons were respectively ranked -

2010 - 25th

2011 - 31st

2012 - 25th.

And all this with the Colts playing most games in a dome as opposed to our outdoor venue, where offense, not defense, has an advantage.

Again, you are proven the liar, no me. Laughing

As far as the receiver portion of my claims, Manning had the #3 and #8 (receptions) receivers of all-time for his Colts years. Brady didn't have nearly that level of talent to throw to consistently. Case closed.

LMFAO - Babe - everyone knows Belichick employs a bend don't break defense.  He'd give up a million yards if they resulted in no points.  Since 2006 the pats defense has ranked outside of the top 10 just once in scoring. 

Rather, the Pats offense has been top 10 for all of those seasons, troll.

This has resulted in numerous blowouts which left opposing teams demoralized at the prospect of closing such large gaps. The great majority of games over those years where the D allowed 14 points or less were huge blowouts.

It has little to do with the fan made up term of "bend but don't break".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

TFB - the defense kept the giants below their scoring average.  that is not a fail.

The Giants traded clock for score. Teams don't use the same gameplan for every opponent troll.

Are you saying I am wrong, Babe - or are you changing the subject?

I'm saying you're wrong.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Well there is that illegitimate child he fathered. 

Is forcing your testicles and rectum into the face of an innocent female trainer as you hold her down worse, troll?

You know the troll's answer to that question... just an inncoent college prank gone bad. Dogggg thinks that having a child out of wedlock is worse than sexual assault and then having daddy pay to make it all go away.

No, I'll answer that - As long as the child is loved, then what Manning did is worse.  Doesn't make TB's situation a good one. 

It may be a great situation. It may be far better than many marriages where a child is subjected to witnessing abuse, actually being abused or is not shown love in the same proportion.

So your point about TB having a child out of wedlock proves to be pure trolling.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

No. The Colts had better defenses overall and consistently better receivers than the Pats have had for a number of years now.

Babe - your intentional dishonesty made me laugh.  Good for you, man!  You get a smiley face.  Smile

My comparison of the "Manning years Colts" and the "Pats of recent years" is perfectly honest and accurate.

But I don't expect a lying troll like yourself to admit that. You don't have an honest bone in your body.

But I'll prove you are the liar rather than me, because...  it's fun to expose the wicked.

From 2001 through 2010, the "Brady-Manning a Colt rivalry years, the Colts were ranked in yards given -

2002 #8

2003 #11

2005 #11

2007 #3

2008 #11

2010 - 25th

2011 - 31st

2012 - 25th.

And all this with the Colts playing most games in a dome as opposed to our outdoor venue, where offense, not defense, has an advantage.

As far as the receiver portion of my claims, Manning had the #3 and #8 (receptions) receivers of all-time for his Colts years. Brady didn't have nearly that level of talent to throw to consistently. Case closed.

LMFAO - Babe - everyone knows Belichick employs a bend don't break defense.  He'd give up a million yards if they resulted in no points.  Since 2006 the pats defense has ranked outside of the top 10 just once in scoring. 

This has resulted in numerous blowouts which left opposing teams demoralized at the prospect of closing such large gaps. The great majority of games over those years where the D allowed 14 points or less were huge blowouts.

Oh that's the same the Manning did with his crappy d's. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

In response to ccsjl's comment:

We as Pats fans used to bask in Mannings Colts choking every year in Playoffs....Its been going on 10 years since last Championship, looks like Pats are now in the same boat.....

I remember you last year. You said Houston would beat us and were very confident as a troll.

You lost when I told you the Houston Texans don't match up well and then were bludgeoned.  I even offered you a wager and you refused.

Brady has turned into Gomer lately in AFC title games, which the stats show, but he ca change that. Philip Rivers proved how tonight.   It's not"going on" 10 years, either. Brady has not had a Lombardi in 7 postseasons he's played in. 7 is not 10.

Only he can fix it, but Brady can play like Rivers did tonight.   But, bandwagoner, this team is clearly more resilient and tougher mentally than any Colts team of the past. It ain't close.

Defense responsible for every play-off loss since 2006.

Bingo! All on the defense!

Offense has been lights out in the post season! I particularly enjoyed the 13 points they put up in the home afc championship last year, but that is a close 3rd to the 14 and 17 points they lit up the scoreboard with 

in our last 2 SB's......ohhhh that's right, that was the defense's fault too!!! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

We as Pats fans used to bask in Mannings Colts choking every year in Playoffs....Its been going on 10 years since last Championship, looks like Pats are now in the same boat.....

I remember you last year. You said Houston would beat us and were very confident as a troll.

You lost when I told you the Houston Texans don't match up well and then were bludgeoned.  I even offered you a wager and you refused.

Brady has turned into Gomer lately in AFC title games, which the stats show, but he ca change that. Philip Rivers proved how tonight.   It's not"going on" 10 years, either. Brady has not had a Lombardi in 7 postseasons he's played in. 7 is not 10.

Only he can fix it, but Brady can play like Rivers did tonight.   But, bandwagoner, this team is clearly more resilient and tougher mentally than any Colts team of the past. It ain't close.

Oh no TC. Folding to allow a TD in the last minutes with a lead is considered an epic and clutch defense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

2002 #8

2003 #11

2005 #11

2007 #3

2008 #11

2010 - 25th

2011 - 31st

2012 - 25th.

Which crappy Manning D's are you referring to troll?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Oh no TC. Folding to allow a TD in the last minutes with a lead is considered an epic and clutch defense.

you mean clutch like not producing one point in the last 4 offensive possessions of the last superbowl or clutch like drawing a safety?

Or did you mean clutch by trash talking the opponent before the superbowl by suggesting no one could stop his office then producing only 14 points?  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

2002 #8

2003 #11

2005 #11

2007 #3

2008 #11

2010 - 25th

2011 - 31st

2012 - 25th.

take your pick.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

It's true. The PATS are just like the Colts used to be. And what's truly sad is TB's last 12 years (ie. '05 through season 2016) will be wasted thanks to our lame GM. Is it guaranteed Brady will retire with 3 rings ? No, but it's a good bet.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to zeitgeist49's comment:

It's true. The PATS are just like the Colts used to be. And what's truly sad is TB's last 12 years (ie. '05 through season 2016) will be wasted thanks to our lame GM. Is it guaranteed Brady will retire with 3 rings ? No, but it's a good bet.

Yeah - my parents winter in AZ, so every spring I take a 2 week vacation and driving to and from airport I go right past the Stadium, which the family refers to as Waterloo......The place where the dynasty died....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to zeitgeist49's comment:

If Manning deserved blame - Brady cannot be absolved of the same.  Brady's been surrounded by extraordinary offenses ranking in the top 10 in points scored every year since 2004 and only one year in the span outside the top 10 in yds (they were 11th).  The team has an MO - it is offense, and the offense is run by Brady (no different than Manning).  Every year but one, the team averaged over 24 pts per game.  4 of those years they averaged over 30. 

It's my opinion that everyone here rags on Manning b/c he is portrayed as all world and when the offense doesn't perform it's on him.  Same goes for Brady.  Like it or not, the guy is considered as good as Manning everywhere, so the same expectations exist for him as does the blame in losses. 

It doesn't matter if he puts the team ahead with 4 minutes to go.  If his offensive scores are way below the team's average then they are underperforming.  Further, if the D is known to be suspect.  If their success is predicated on offensive success, then the offense knows what its responsibility is.  Happened with the colts.  Also, if the d performed at its average then its doing its expected job.  That was the case for the pats both in 2007 and 2011.  The offense underperformed to its expectations. 

As for the GM thing - as all know - I dislike Belichick, but he's a top 3-5 coach in the NFL if not the best.  Same, specifically for his defensive mind.  As for the GM thing, I think he's probably pretty good too.  How is a GM supposed to know whether or not a player they have selected will pan out before they pick him?  Is there a GM that has never missed on a pick or never missed on a pick in the first 3 rounds?

Here's the truth - what your team did between 2001-2004 is probably never going to happen again.  that your team consistently makes the playoffs and is considered a contender is due to QB, Coach, GM, and overall personnel.  You can't always win.  Your legendary QB can underperform and does.  Same goes with the Coach.  Same goes with the Coach/GM.  Same goes with the rest of the personnel.  Its a team game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

2002 #8

2003 #11

2005 #11

2007 #3

2008 #11

2010 - 25th

2011 - 31st

2012 - 25th.

take your pick.

How about 2007.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

2002 #8

2003 #11

2005 #11

2007 #3

2008 #11

2010 - 25th

2011 - 31st

2012 - 25th.

take your pick.

How about 2007.

Excellent example.  Like Brady recently, Manning historically has had an uncanny ability to make his defense look better than it is.   

In this year, the colts defense allowed only 16.4 points per game on average, but in their playoff loss they gave up 28 points.  Philip Rivers AND Ladanian Tomlinson got hurt, yet Darren Sproles and Billy Volek still killed the defense. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

2002 #8

2003 #11

2005 #11

2007 #3

2008 #11

2010 - 25th

2011 - 31st

2012 - 25th.

take your pick.

How about 2007.

Excellent example.  Like Brady recently, Manning historically has had an uncanny ability to make his defense look better than it is.   

In this year, the colts defense allowed only 16.4 points per game on average, but in their playoff loss they gave up 28 points.  Philip Rivers AND Ladanian Tomlinson got hurt, yet Darren Sproles and Billy Volek still killed the defense. 

Thanks for the dose of worthless hot air, troll, but this has nothing to do with the point I made or your stating that the Colts could make the same claim.

That Colts D was 1st in points and 3rd in yards; nothing like the Pats defenses we were discussing.

You never let us down with being a phoney and dishonest.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

2002 #8

2003 #11

2005 #11

2007 #3

2008 #11

2010 - 25th

2011 - 31st

2012 - 25th.

take your pick.

How about 2007.

Thanks for the dose of worthless hot air, troll, but this has nothing to do with the point I made or your stating that the Colts could make the same claim.

That Colts D was 1st in points and 3rd in yards; nothing like the Pats defenses we were discussing.

If facts are hot air, then them's some hot facts.  And we aren't talking about the point you made.  We are talking about the one I made which followed a narrative on this thread that the defense was to blame for losses.  You picked the year, I factually proved that I was right. 

And I'll agree that this colts D's and the Pats D's are that lost superbowls in the last decade are different.  The colts D performed significantly worse than their regular season average in terms of points given up whereas the patriots D's in their superbowl losses actually performed better than their regular season scoring averages.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

2002 #8

2003 #11

2005 #11

2007 #3

2008 #11

2010 - 25th

2011 - 31st

2012 - 25th.

take your pick.

How about 2007.

If facts are hot air, then them's some hot facts.  And we aren't talking about the point you made.  We are talking about the one I made which followed a narrative on this thread that the defense was to blame for losses.  You picked the year, I factually proved that I was right. 

And I'll agree that this colts D's and the Pats D's are that lost superbowls in the last decade are different.  The colts D performed significantly worse than their regular season average in terms of points given up whereas the patriots D's in their superbowl losses actually performed better than their regular season scoring averages.  

let me take this a bit further -

2009 - the defense could be excused given that Brady turned over the ball 4 times giving the Ravens offense the ball deep in Patriots territory each time. 

2010 - the defense actually held the Jets to a missed FG after a Brady turnover deep in NE territory.  Brady's offense was 11 pts below its average.  The d gave up less than 9 pts above its average. 

2012 - Tom Brady throws 2 ints late in the 4th.  Offense scores almost 22 pts below its average.  Defense gives up 7+ pts above its average.

Sections
Shortcuts