10th in power rankings? arer you kidding me?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from condog24. Show condog24's posts

10th in power rankings? arer you kidding me?

espn is idiots that hate the pats the pats are a the best 10-5 team except fo rmaybe dallas and they are better then the 11-4 vikings. if the pats played the cardinals right now the pats would win b2tds on the road and 3-4 at home. comon folks, hope the pats embrace the underdog aproach thi playoff season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Re: 10th in power rankings? arer you kidding me?

" IN BRACE THE HATE "

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

We all know that they hate us, scwew them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from angel3781. Show angel3781's posts

Seriously, the ESPN rankings seem pretty accurate this week as far as I'm concerned so stop being such a homer.  The Pats are 10-5 thus far, and out of all of the other 10-5 teams on the list, we have the worst road record by a huge margin!  Therefore you can't argue that a 10-5 team with a 2-5 road record that will have to play on the road throughout the playoffs should be placed higher than where they are.  The power rankings is suppose to be a ranking of the most dangerous teams according to performance, and based on that, we are ranked right where we should be.  If we didn't blow some games such as in Indy (who are ranked #1) or the Saints (currently ranked #3) then we would have a legitimate argument torwards an ESPN bias against the Pats.  However, in this case I just don't see it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

condo....

Here is one factor that plays into this ranking:  They have not beaten those teams in the top ten as you would expect them too.  If anything, beating either Indy or NO would have bolstered their ranking, but lost to both.  So when you look a their record against peer teams, they have to prove they are better than them by winning.  The upcoming playoffs is their chance.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

No need to get upset.  Last I checked Power Rankings don't influence the outcome of a games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

We're 10-5, and only won one true road game.  We've started getting better, and our last game was very good.  Had we played a few more "consecutive" games like our last game, we'd be higher.  They're not going to reward us based on one game's performance.  

As pointed out above, they don't help us win games.  If we play to our potential, we're going to win games in the playoffs.  The road is going to be tough though to say the least.  I'm just curious if we can string together consecutive games where we play great.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

power rankings sound about right.  Second season coming up - so, rankings and regular season records are all wiped clean.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

im with K-max.  power rankings mean nothing, and they dont base them on whats happening RIGHT NOW... if that were the case, there is no way the pats are behind new orleans.  They have been mediocre for 2 weeks straight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

There is no objective way to rate teams that play different competition. Matchups and preparation are different every week. It's easy to look at the Pats and . . .   say . . .  New Orleans and say, "Well, they kicked our @sses," and they did. But more recently they also lost to a Bucs team that we hammered in the dim, distant past (relatively speaking). You could look at the Vikings and see a team that raced out to a quick start, or you could see a team that is suddenly struggling. Are the Colts the class of the AFC or are they a bunch of quitters who are benefitting from whimsical officiating and a gut schedule?

I understand that certain types of people feel an inherent need to categorize and classify and codify anything and everything (although I admit I don't understand why), but these power rankings and a dollar will get you a quarter-pound double-stack at Wendy's.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

It's someone's opininon. It really doesn't matter, so why let it bother you?

What matters is who ends up with the dman L trophy! That trumps whatever power rankings anyone publishes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I hope the Pats get the 3rd seed. Nothing would make me more happier than to watch the Pats knock out both the Colts and the Chargers, the two team dubbed "the top two teams in the AFC".

But i'll have to keep my fingers cross on meeting up with one of these two teams in the AFCC, both teams know how to dominate the regular season and stink up the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if both teams get knocked out in Divisional round.

To Bolt and Dogg, suk it!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from creiner812. Show creiner812's posts

10th who'd they beat?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hifiguy. Show hifiguy's posts

Who cares.................better that the Pats have a lower ranking .....motivation to prover everyone wrong is what this is....they are turning the corner, getting healthy and ready to prove their critics wrong......lbetter that they are underdogs and have an attitude again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

Awww power rankings an Pro Bowls
    Lets all not forget that 07 saw us with a O line full of hype and pro bowlers. The rest is history. I'm glad to see the players focus on playing not interviews. Talking to fans of other teams over the holidays I found that the Pats have been counted out. Everyone should know how dangerous a team not expected to win every game is. Look what Carolina just did to the gents /Bears to Min /Tampa to the Saints.

Sections
Shortcuts