11/12 m left to spend. 3 m needed for picks. Forget Cruz or Dumervil IMO

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

11/12 m left to spend. 3 m needed for picks. Forget Cruz or Dumervil IMO

Unless we cleared some more space. 

Ninck at 2m cap hit could be cut or maybe traded for a late pick ( if they choose to go after Dumervil) 

Ghost could be cut and we,d save 1.4m

Fells....   .5

Gregory.   .5

And not much else. It looks like we are just about done. Sanders and maybe the trade with Clev involving Mallett for Taylor and that's it. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Re: 11/12 m left to spend. 3 m needed for picks. Forget Cruz or Dumervil IMO

In response to makonikyman's comment:

Ninck at 2m cap hit could be cut or maybe traded for a late pick ( if they choose to go after Dumervil) 

Fells....   .5

Gregory.   .5

And not much else. It looks like we are just about done. Sanders and maybe the trade with Clev involving Mallett for Taylor and that's it. 

Noticed They usually leave a bit of space going into the season even after draft picks are signed to fill in for unexpected injury.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I wouldn't want to replace Nink with Dumervil. Dumervil is a major liability in the running game while Nink is a plus run defender. I'd rather add Abraham and rotate with Nink then drop Nink just to add Dumervil.

Fells you can drop if they don't move Hernandez to WR

Gregory I wouldn't drop. Right now McCourty is you only FS you need Gregory as depth at this point and we don't have the picks to get a backup via draft given other needs

I'm not even sure about the 11/12mil left. I'm hearing it's closer to half that amount. No one can know for sure but if it is the lower amount you are talking about adding smaller pieces like a Abraham and maybe a 4th CB at this point. If it's the higher number I'd still like to add Abraham but would also look at bringing back Vollmer over the other FA players currently in the market. The market was deep this year but thinned out quickly and for some very reasonable prices this year too. I wish we took greater advantage of the CB market as those prices were rock bottom. I mean Arrington got only 1mil per year less and almost the same gauranteed money as starting outside corners this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Fells....   .5

Gregory.   .5

cruz wasn't coming anyway...jints will re-sign and bellichick and kraft weren't going to give up the money plus a 1st rd pick-one or the other maybe but not both

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Are these figures taking in consideration for approx $4 mill that teams save for rookies?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I wouldn't want to replace Nink with Dumervil. Dumervil is a major liability in the running game while Nink is a plus run defender. I'd rather add Abraham and rotate with Nink then drop Nink just to add Dumervil.

Fells you can drop if they don't move Hernandez to WR

Gregory I wouldn't drop. Right now McCourty is you only FS you need Gregory as depth at this point and we don't have the picks to get a backup via draft given other needs

I'm not even sure about the 11/12mil left. I'm hearing it's closer to half that amount. No one can know for sure but if it is the lower amount you are talking about adding smaller pieces like a Abraham and maybe a 4th CB at this point. If it's the higher number I'd still like to add Abraham but would also look at bringing back Vollmer over the other FA players currently in the market. The market was deep this year but thinned out quickly and for some very reasonable prices this year too. I wish we took greater advantage of the CB market as those prices were rock bottom. I mean Arrington got only 1mil per year less and almost the same gauranteed money as starting outside corners this year.

I agree with everytyhing especially Nink, Abraham and Vollmer. I do not think Dumervil is a good fit here at all.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Are these figures taking in consideration for approx $4 mill that teams save for rookies?

Yeah...I put " 3m needed for picks" . That's all we're going to need. So we're looking at 8/10 m tops, then you gotta back out 2/3 m for during the season pick ups...so...J.A, Sanders, and hopefully Mallett for Taylor and that should do it...

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

They could easily do a big deal with a Cruz or whoever with the cap space they have, if Bob Kraft is game.  

For example, a 5 year $50 mil deal with a $12 mil signing bonus and a first year salary of $1 mil is only a cap hit of $3.4 mil in 2013.  The player gets $13 mil this year, so he's not going hungry and everybody's happy.

The last year or two is backloaded (like the Broncos apparently did with Dumervil) and may never be paid.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I'm showing the Pats at $106.6 mill as of now.

Here is my source I use and have found it to be pretty spot on in the past.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/cap-hit/

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Last updated on March 17, 2013 9:35 PM EST

http://www.patscap.com/

I believe that the Patriots are actually under their adjusted cap figure by around $17.3 million. My numbers do NOT include the cap effects of the Adrian Wilson, Nick Koutuvides and Kyle Arrington signings.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Nink>Dumervil

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

Fells....   .5

Gregory.   .5

What is your source on the cap space?  Also, did you just suggest to cut Nink for a dwarf pass rusher?

NE can sign Abraham and get similar production as what Dumervil would bring.

Nope...I didn't suggest they cut ninK AT ALL, just merely pointed out an option that I believe that they will look at and prob dismiss right away. As I am of the opinion that BB is really fond of Nink. I also stated that it is my belief that they will sign Abraham, hopefully Sanders, and make the trade with Clev for Taylor if that was ever an option. A couple of other depth guys and that will be it untill the draft. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

Last updated on March 17, 2013 9:35 PM EST

http://www.patscap.com/

I believe that the Patriots are actually under their adjusted cap figure by around $17.3 million. My numbers do NOT include the cap effects of the Adrian Wilson, Nick Koutuvides and Kyle Arrington signings.

Correct...and backing out those 3 guys should bring us to about 11/12 m . Take another 3m away from that for picks and we are looking at 8/10m ...

Sections
Shortcuts