12/14/2009 - 12:29pm - Adalius Thomas on ESPN Rumor Mill

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

12/14/2009 - 12:29pm - Adalius Thomas on ESPN Rumor Mill

It's beginning to look more and more like Adalius Thomas has played his last snap for the New England Patriots.

To put it mildly, Thomas is not having very much fun this season. Asked during a short meeting with reporters on Thursday -- following a day that he was sent home due to tardiness -- how frustrating this season has been, he responded, "Real frustrating. But it is what it is. One thing about being a professional, there are good things and bad things. So you know there are a lot of things you can say or whatever. It's just not a good time."

Thomas was de-activated for a game earlier this season, and some have speculated that there is still bad blood between Thomas and coach Bill Belichick. On Sunday, Thomas was benched again, and that might be the new status quo for him, per NFL Insider Adam Schefter on Twitter: "Patriots have benched LB Adalius Thomas in two games and in those games have given up only one TD. More bench time ahead." In addition to his head coach, Thomas might be his getting on the wrong side of teammates. The Boston Herald's Ian R. Rapoport fills us in via Twitter: "Wow.Ty Warren just said on WEEI that LateGate got out because, 'Adalius put it out there.'"

In addition the continued benchings, don't be surprised if the Pats release the frustrated LB this offseason, as his performance and attitude have not been worth the contract value which will hit $4.9 million for the 2010 season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Re: 12/14/2009 - 12:29pm - Adalius Thomas on ESPN Rumor Mill

ADALIUS PUT IT OUT THERE.  Otherwise, it would have been a private internal matter.  It says a lot about what a malcontent he's become and how unwilling he is to conform even though he doesn't like it.

No, everybody doesn't have to agree and be a Smurf - yes, it's a realistic expectation that people do their job and meet the criteria laid out for them, especially if the coach made it clear he wants you there early explicitly two days previous to the incident.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

For Sale: One overpriced LB who can't play and has a bad attitude.  any takers? anybody?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sbruce9. Show sbruce9's posts

Can we demote him to the practice squad as a tackling "dummy"?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

It's a shame it has come to this. I still remember his pick six the first year we had him and thought I would see more of that. Well that pick six and the sack of Bret Farvre and running back are the only two outstanding plays I can come up with. I'm sure there are a few more but I am drawing a blank right now.

Go Pats!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSNYFAN. Show PATSNYFAN's posts

IN THE END...HE IS JUST ANOTHER OVERPAID BUM!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Right now I don't want him on this team. We can find a better linebacker next year for the money we are paying him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Espnetboy3. Show Espnetboy3's posts

Hopefully Tyrone Mckenzie pans out. I was excited about us picking him in the draft. Burgess gone , Tully can stay , figure , guyton mayo tyrone tully and draft or FA.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

He didn't work out here and I wish him well. Personally I think he's a great player that Oakland would be crazy not to trade for. He's got to be worth at least a third rounder from Oakland right?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

He's definately got some value. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

Linebacker Needs

I hope we don't pass on the "high achieving" linebackers we have in the past. We would be better off had we selected any one of the following (Cushing, Mauluga, Mathews) than we are now....I am all about "in Bill we trust", but when Tully Banta-Cain is your best rusher, we have a problem. Granted, he swung and missed on Burgess, but those three guys are having great years...Cushing may end up winning ROY award.

No pass rush makes it even more difficult on the secondary....I truly feel this is our biggest issue.

Granted, hindsight is 20/20, but we need to grab a few LB's this time around, like we did with DB's the last two years.

ESPN has their first mock and has us selecting Ricky Sapp out of Clemson...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

Panthers never got a longterm contract to Julius Peppers, who would cost 20 million for another franchise tag, thus technically making him a free agent after the season. If that is true, and the fact the patriots move adilius thomas for a 5th round draft pick we could swing a contract to Peppers. With Tyrone Mckenzie (figured to be a starter at linebacker even before bruschi retired and he got hurt) our pass rushing woes might be answered this offseason with Peppers, Mckenzie, and a first round DE/OLB pick. its only wishful thinking at this point but some stars are aligning at this point.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

He will reunite with Fatrex and the jets.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Who cares? The Pats always seem to play better defensively when Adalius Thomas is out. Against Tenn and Carolina, the defense only yielded 10 points.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

In Response to Re: 12/14/2009 - 12:29pm - Adalius Thomas on ESPN Rumor Mill:
    [QUOTE]Who cares? The Pats always seem to play better defensively when Adalius Thomas is out. Against Tenn and Carolina, the defense only yielded 10 points.
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

How much of that had to with the quality of the offense we faced?

Having said that, I agree, we need to nip cancer in the bud !!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichicksDisciples7. Show BelichicksDisciples7's posts

i'm sure the raiders would give up a 2012 first round pick on him. pull the trigger bill.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaxxon. Show Jaxxon's posts

Manny Ramirez...except Manny played a lot better (when he wanted to).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to 12/14/2009 - 12:29pm - Adalius Thomas on ESPN Rumor Mill:
    [QUOTE]It's beginning to look more and more like  Adalius Thomas  has played his last snap for the  New England Patriots . To put it mildly, Thomas is not having very much fun this season. Asked during a short meeting with reporters on Thursday -- following a day that he was sent home due to tardiness -- how frustrating this season has been, he responded, " Real frustrating . But it is what it is. One thing about being a professional, there are good things and bad things. So you know there are a lot of things you can say or whatever. It's just not a good time." Thomas was de-activated for a game earlier this season, and some have speculated that there is still bad blood between Thomas and coach Bill Belichick. On Sunday, Thomas was benched again, and that might be the new status quo for him, per NFL Insider Adam Schefter  on Twitter : "Patriots have benched LB Adalius Thomas in two games and in those games have given up only one TD. More bench time ahead." In addition to his head coach, Thomas might be his getting on the wrong side of teammates. The Boston Herald's Ian R. Rapoport fills us in  via Twitter : "Wow. Ty Warren  just said on WEEI that LateGate got out because, 'Adalius put it out there.'" In addition the continued benchings, don't be surprised if the Pats release the frustrated LB this offseason, as his performance and attitude have not been worth the contract value which will hit $4.9 million for the 2010 season.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

AT is an idiot! He needs toi shut his mouth and play for a contract for next year someplace else. You can't do that when you're home watching TV on game day. He's too dumb to figure out that he's jousting at windmills. This is a no win situation, especially when he has no say in his playing status. He picked a funny way to "ask out" of NE.

What a fool..... he could of been someone in NE other than a malcontent. Bottom line is 50 other guys got there on time, some having to come through the same bad weather AT did. Why's that? Could it be AT still stupidly carries his little grudge from earlier this season? Time to grow up, AT..... someplace else.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]He didn't work out here and I wish him well. Personally I think he's a great player that Oakland would be crazy not to trade for. He's got to be worth at least a third rounder from Oakland right?
    Posted by TheFantasyBaron[/QUOTE]

The trade deadling is over. The only way the Pats can get value is to keep him on the roster and then trade him. But, they'll take the cap hit bu having him on the roster in March.

LMFAO that the rst of the Patriots know this, the rst of the NFL sees it, and AT is too big an idiot to understand it. He'll be low-balled for a new contract elsewhere. His attitude is going tocost him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

I'd be willing to put down money that he ends up with the Jets, they take all the Pats scrubs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]For Sale: One overpriced LB who can't play and has a bad attitude.  any takers? anybody?
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

LOL!  We'll start the bidding at 36 cents and a zagnut bar from 1986 that has a bite taken outta it...Anyone at all?  O.k., o.k....I'm willing to take a half eaten zagnut...even a hershey's kiss that was stepped on?  Please people this is for charity here... 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

[QUOTE]Right now I don't want him on this team. We can find a better linebacker next year for the money we are paying him.
    Posted by Wizardsjag[/QUOTE]
    we already have better guys for OL... they are called seau, guyton, nonkovich and potentially mckenzie! hopefully, we dont go out for another bloated contract like peppers. we need to start doing things the old pats way... inhouse and through the draft! isnt that how we got seymour-wilfork-warren-green-wright-TBC? DE and pass rushing OLs are positions where heart , discipline and relentless are keys. i would prefer us to develop that than rely on other teams doing it as with burgess and AD. bel used to do that better than most, y cant we return to that? look at what he did with giants also. long track record!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from vapatfan1. Show vapatfan1's posts

ADIOS Thomas.  Yeah that one game against SD a few years back is the only game I remember him doing anything special.  Sad....so sad. 

Adios better enjoy that money cuz it's the last time he'll see that kind of jack thrown at him ever again.  Can you say minimum salary?  

Dumb fool's probably to stubborn to realize his NFL career is almost over.   But at least he got paid...  Maybe that's all that mattered to him.  

If BB gets a seventh rounder and a diet coke for him I'll consider that a minor victory for the Pats. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

I would say that BB gave him more of a chance to prove himself than he has given other players whose performance has been mediocre at best.  The writing was on the wall when BB sat him that 1st game, in essence, this is your warning that I am on to your pathetic play and attitude, so I am giving you this final chance to straightem up and play worthy of your contract.  So, he shows up late for a mandatory meeting.  Looks to me like he's done. 

On another note, Randy needs to stop pouting.  I mean seriously, dude, your 30 something years old, you screwed up, got disciplined and now you have a couple of choices.  Play up to your potential or follow AT out the door.  It's just that simple but don't hang around like a child, grow up.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

[QUOTE]It's a shame it has come to this. I still remember his pick six the first year we had him and thought I would see more of that. Well that pick six and the sack of Bret Farvre and running back are the only two outstanding plays I can come up with. I'm sure there are a few more but I am drawing a blank right now. Go Pats!
    Posted by raptor64d[/QUOTE]

John Stuart Mill must be employed by an Oil firm. I suggest that he be drafted immediately and further more he should be placed in a time machine and sent to the nearest Punji Stick and if he survives he can mate with Henry Kissenger

Sections
Shortcuts