13 straight winning seasons for Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Re: 13 straight winning seasons for Pats

In response to zeitgeist49's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MoreRings' comment:
    [QUOTE]

13 straight winning seasons and 4 yrs in a row with a bye.  Incredible to think this was all done with the worst GM in NFL history.

[/QUOTE]

BB isn't the worst GM in NFL history. But he clearly is a below average GM. TB is arguably the best QB in NFL history. BB is clearly an elite HC. Without those 2, this team would have gone 4-12. And it's embarassing the lack of talent  BB, the GM, surrounded TB with this year. If Gomer had the receiving corps that Brady had this year, I doubt he would have 25 TDs this season. 

[/QUOTE]

I was being sarcastic.

it's embarassing the lack of talent  BB, the GM, surrounded TB with this year

Put Gronk and Hern on the field with Dobson, Edelman, DA, Vereen, Ridley, Blount and one of the better O lines in the league and it sounds pretty good to me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

If Gronk was healthy the Pats would probably have home field and would be the AFC favorites. If Mayo and Wilfork were healthy too the Pats would be the super bowl favorites. The have a lot of talent, unfortunately they couldn't get it on the field for 1 full game, yet they still are 12-4.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

If you include the 5-11 first BB season the average is still 11.6 wins a season. From 2001 on it's a 12 win average. Not too shabby. The Bruins have the longest winning season streak in Boston from 68 to 94 I believe. The Red Sox did it from 67 to 82. Of course it's much harder in football because they play less games. Go Pats. Why not this year?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It really is the combination of the greatest coach and greatest QB in history with a very weak division that has made the perfect storm for the Pats. I doubt in our lifetimes we'll ever see it again, which is why they need to take full advantage of the situation before that window closes completely.

[/QUOTE]

are you talking about acquisitions during the off season and draft?  What positions and/or free agents did you have in mind?

[/QUOTE]

Well the obvious one's are:

DT/NT (been crying for years to get younger and stronger up the middle)

I'd go draft at this position. Possible even double down and get a starting caliber guy who can take over for Wilfork in a year or two and depending on Siliga or Jones get another rushing or run stopping DT as depth. Ra'Shede Hageman or Ego Ferguson in the 1st wouldn't be bad. Daniel McCullers Derrick Hopkins in the mid rounds. Caraum Reid in the late rounds. Of course I'd love to have Trent Murphy as an outside rusher too. For FA's I like Soliali from Mia as a potential fit that wouldn't cost a ton. Hatcher from Dal would most likely be out of our price range. But, someone like Linval Joseph from NYG might be a good fit. 

TE (Gronk is no guarantee to last a full year and this O really needs a TE for the RZ)

I would go draft and go early here. C.J. Fiedorowicz in late 2nd early 3rd area or Joe Don Duncan is a very impressive Div II TE I'd take a long look at.

Outside WR (regardless if Dobson becomes that guy or not they need another proven threat to go outside and get open).

Here I'd look FA towards a player like Sanders, Maclin, or Decker is the price is right. In the draft I don't want to look at WRs too early but Brandon Coleman from Rutgers caught my eye Jared Abbrederis has great height and speed for an outside guy and as a early day 3 dark horse I love Tevin Reese. Small kid who hurt his wrist to end his season but in 7 games put up almost 900yrds posting an impressive 20+YPC average

3rd down backup RB (Vereen is always a risk to get injured, need a good backup for him)

Haven't looked to hard at this position yet

CB (they might sign Talib might not but with Ryan and Dennard your only legit outside CB's they will need another outside CB to compete)

I want a vet not another young guy Tim Jennings if you can get him for the right price or Antoine Cason for a bit cheaper. Tracy Porter would also be nice as a rotational starter for cheaper.

SS (someone who can cover TE's/RB's but can also help in the box)

Really only one guy I got my eye on is Nate Allen but I think he'll be out of our price range. 

G (RG is an issue)

I haven't taken a hard look at this but draft is where I'd go

C (if a goo replacement for Wendell is available great otherwise if you get a RG Wendell might be able to hold his own for cheap)

Again go via draft. We tend to have good luck with Scar and mid to late round OL guys

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

13 straight winning seasons and 4 yrs in a row with a bye.  Incredible to think this was all done with the worst GM in NFL history.

[/QUOTE]

BB isn't the worst GM in NFL history. But he clearly is a below average GM. TB is arguably the best QB in NFL history. BB is clearly an elite HC. Without those 2, this team would have gone 4-12. And it's embarassing the lack of talent  BB, the GM, surrounded TB with this year. If Gomer had the receiving corps that Brady had this year, I doubt he would have 25 TDs this season. 

[/QUOTE]

You're a moron.

[/QUOTE]

No, he isn't. You are. But that's old news.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're a moron.

[/QUOTE]

No, he isn't. You are. But that's old news.

[/QUOTE]

Lol! I kind of picture rusty like that...it puts the lotion in the basket.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

the streak is great. but we want Super Bowls wins, not play off streaks.  

[/QUOTE]

How are your jets doing?

[/QUOTE]

they arent my Jets, but pretty good I guess. most experts pegged them with 3-4 win talent, and they won 8. they also will have $40M in cap space with a pretty smart GM in Idzik

wouldnt it be funny if they resigned Revis this off season to a reasonable contract?

[/QUOTE]

So, you cover them? Or perhaps one of your relatives pr friends works or plays for them? I'm just trying to understand why you know/talk so much about them?

And yeah he's doing a great job over there. Geno and Stephen Hill should dominate for years....

[/QUOTE]

I do not cover them nor do I have any relative affiliated with them. I do have a very good friend who does cover them, and I think of him the most plugged in person on everything Jets. Most of what I think regarding the Jets is formulated after talking to him 

I still think Geno has talent, and can play in this league. He may eventualy prove me wrong.

Hill is faster and taller than Dobson. His hands are not yet what Dobsons are (and lets face it, Dobson also had drop issues). However, Hill does not have TB throwing to him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was being sarcastic.

Put Gronk and Hern on the field with Dobson, Edelman, DA, Vereen, Ridley, Blount and one of the better O lines in the league and it sounds pretty good to me.

[/QUOTE]

I was well aware that you were being sarcastic. I was responding with subtle sarcasm. At the end of the day, BB, the GM, gave TB one of the worst receiving corps in the NFL. Belichick knew before the preseason began that he wouldn't have Hern. BB knowingly went into the season with injury prone players (ie. Gronk and DA) and a bunch of rookies who not only seemed injury prone themselves but couldn't hold onto the ball. And I believe you grossly over-rate the OL which PATS fans have been doing for years. The OL during the past 3 years has progressively given up more sacks and more QB pressures each year. And on top of that, the OL can never generate a consistent run game in the playoffs against good defenses. A top 5 OL ?  I think not. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was being sarcastic.

[/QUOTE]

I was well aware that you were being sarcastic. I was responding with subtle sarcasm. At the end of the day, BB, the GM, gave TB one of the worst receiving corps in the NFL. Belichick knew before the preseason began that he wouldn't have Hern. BB knowingly went into the season with injury prone players (ie. Gronk and DA) and a bunch of rookies who not only seemed injury prone themselves but couldn't hold onto the ball. And I believe you grossly over-rate the OL which PATS fans have been doing for years. The OL during the past 3 years has progressively given up more sacks and more QB pressures each year. And on top of that, the OL can never generate a consistent run game in the playoffs against good defenses. A top 5 OL ?  I think not. 

[/QUOTE]

Right on. Just because BB knew about Hern before the season started, doesn't mean it's easy to replace a guy like that.

ill give you DA, but what should we have done with Gronk?

didnt WW miss some games?

agreed, the run game seems to dissappear at times but the sacks and hurries are due to the amount of times the Pats thrown.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

the streak is great. but we want Super Bowls wins, not play off streaks.  

[/QUOTE]

How are your jets doing?

[/QUOTE]

they arent my Jets, but pretty good I guess. most experts pegged them with 3-4 win talent, and they won 8. they also will have $40M in cap space with a pretty smart GM in Idzik

wouldnt it be funny if they resigned Revis this off season to a reasonable contract?

[/QUOTE]

So, you cover them? Or perhaps one of your relatives pr friends works or plays for them? I'm just trying to understand why you know/talk so much about them?

And yeah he's doing a great job over there. Geno and Stephen Hill should dominate for years....

[/QUOTE]

I do not cover them nor do I have any relative affiliated with them. I do have a very good friend who does cover them, and I think of him the most plugged in person on everything Jets. Most of what I think regarding the Jets is formulated after talking to him 

I still think Geno has talent, and can play in this league. He may eventualy prove me wrong.

Hill is faster and taller than Dobson. His hands are not yet what Dobsons are (and lets face it, Dobson also had drop issues). However, Hill does not have TB throwing to him.

[/QUOTE]

The numbers and the eye test don't lie... Geno Smith is not a good QB. If his first read isn't open he does not have the ability to go through his progressions and get rid of the ball quickly.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

Yes, Stephan Hill can run like the wind. As you pointed out he can't catch and the knock on him coming out of GT was his ability to understand a passing offense. Well based on the reports it seems he still hasn't picked up on that concept. many good receivers don't have Brady/Manning/Rodgers/Brees throwing them the ball. If you are a good receiver you make plays.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/31462/hill-on-verge-of-losing-starting-job