14-2 very possible for this team, after 6 weeks gone and teams left in their schedule it looks promising.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

14-2 very possible for this team, after 6 weeks gone and teams left in their schedule it looks promising.

WeekScheduleWL 
    1Sept. 12: Cincinnatix  
    2Sept. 19: at Jets x 
    3Sept. 26: Buffalox  
    4Oct. 4: at Miami.x  
    5Oct. 10: BYE-  
    6Oct. 17: Baltimorex  
     To date41 
    7Oct. 24: at San Diego, 4:15 p.m.x Young D against best O in the league, don't think their D can stop TB and co.  It will be a shot out
    8Oct. 31: Minnesota, 4:15 p.m.x Farve can't beat anyone, Moss be played tight on the line all day.
    9Nov. 7: at Cleveland, 1 p.m.x It's the Browns maybe a trap game before Steelers
    10Nov. 14: at Pittsburgh, 8:20 p.m. xTough to call but I believe they have a chance but at the end D gives up a big play, hope I'm wrong
    11Nov. 21: Indianapolis, 4:15 p.m.x Will be close
    12Nov. 25: at Detroit 12:30 p.m.x Great Turkey day
    13Dec. 6: Jets, 8:30 p.m.x Don't loss twice to the Jerks 
    14Dec. 12: at Chicago, 1 p.m.x Cutler is getting hit more than a piñata on 5 de mayo, he might not make it to this game
    15Dec. 19: Green Bay, 8:20 p.m.x Might not have any players left by this point of the season, what so far 4 on IR?
    16Dec. 26: at Buffalo, 1 p.m.x Trap game, always tough at Buffalo
    17Jan. 2: Miami, 1 p.m.x They will not be playing for anything and it will be cold, they pack it up.
     Total Season142Can they really do this?

Prior to the beginnning of the season I saw the schedule and thought wow we have a tough road but do to injuries the weekly improvement of the D and the O looking like the Patriots of old I think 14-2 is very possible.

Added some notes per game, at worse 12-4 but don't think so.  Team like GB, they might not have any starters left by the time they play the Pats. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: 14-2 very possible for this team, after 6 weeks gone and teams left in their schedule it looks promising.

I am sticking with the 11-5/12-4 thing since that what I had to start the year. I adjusted it with Bodden's loss, but I hope I am wrong.

It would not surprise me to see them exceed 11 wins.  13 sounds high, as does 14.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Re: 14-2 very possible for this team, after 6 weeks gone and teams left in their schedule it looks promising.

11-13 wins is what I am expecting. For some reason, I expect this D to get blown up atleast once and a game where our O gets punished.

I know that Tom Brady owns the steelers in every matchup thus far but that D combined with a steady O could spell trouble for the Pats. I don't think that our D can hold the steelers if our O isn't up to par.

Besides that game, Im not exactly happy about us going up against Adrian Peterson and Randy Moss/Harvin/Shiancoe. We can win that game, but their D is not exactly weak....

13-3 sounds right but I would be happy with 12-4.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

14-2?  Try 18-1.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: 14-2 very possible for this team, after 6 weeks gone and teams left in their schedule it looks promising.:
    11-13 wins is what I am expecting. For some reason, I expect this D to get blown up atleast once and a game where our O gets punished. I know that Tom Brady owns the steelers in every matchup thus far but that D combined with a steady O could spell trouble for the Pats. I don't think that our D can hold the steelers if our O isn't up to par. Besides that game, Im not exactly happy about us going up against Adrian Peterson and Randy Moss/Harvin/Shiancoe. We can win that game, but their D is not exactly weak.... 13-3 sounds right but I would be happy with 12-4.
    Posted by GadisRKO

The Steelers are the most overrated team in the NFL right now alongside the Jets.

Who have the Steelers played?  They barely eeked by Atlanta in Week 1, lost to Baltimore at home and beat Cleveland at home.

Wow!

How is this any more impressive than what NE is doing wiht all the drama with Brady's contract, the car accident, Moss, a new young D, etc????

Pitt has NEVER ever matched up well against NE and if they blitz NE, they'll lose.

On offense, are teams really afraid of Mendenhall and Mike Wallace?  Please.

The recipe is out on beating Pitt and it just takes a good team to execute to beat them. NE is one of those teams.

As for Minny, again, it's a weak Minny team.   Shiancoe is what Favre looks for and then he's bound to make a mistake at some point.   If NE can contain Balt's run game, they can contain Minny's.

The key is clock control on them, and again, are people afraid of Minny's pass D against NE?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: 14-2 very possible for this team, after 6 weeks gone and teams left in their schedule it looks promising.:
    In Response to Re: 14-2 very possible for this team, after 6 weeks gone and teams left in their schedule it looks promising. : The Steelers are the most overrated team in the NFL right now alongside the Jets. Who have the Steelers played?  They barely eeked by Atlanta in Week 1, lost to Baltimore at home and beat Cleveland at home. Wow! How is this any more impressive than what NE is doing wiht all the drama with Brady's contract, the car accident, Moss, a new young D, etc???? Pitt has NEVER ever matched up well against NE and if they blitz NE, they'll lose. On offense, are teams really afraid of Mendenhall and Mike Wallace?  Please. The recipe is out on beating Pitt and it just takes a good team to execute to beat them. NE is one of those teams. As for Minny, again, it's a weak Minny team.   Shiancoe is what Favre looks for and then he's bound to make a mistake at some point.   If NE can contain Balt's run game, they can contain Minny's. The key is clock control on them, and again, are people afraid of Minny's pass D against NE?
    Posted by BBReigns

You call that drama? Wow - well good luck with that.

Not impressed with Pitts or NY. Didn't the Steelers win without their starting QB to start the season. Now I think that is drama.

As for NY, I know it was a road loss, but still a loss to a team which doesn't impress you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

If Atlanta and Balt can keep it close in Pitt, I think NE can keep it close and win there as well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

If Atlanta and Balt can keep it close in Pitt, I think NE can keep it close and win there as well.
    Posted by BBReigns

No disrespect intended but I don't think that how the Steelers matched up against two other teams equates to how they will match up against the Pats.  Pats victory over Ravens came down to only a couple of plays plus a young D standing fast against the Ravens O in 4th qtr and o/t. 

I am of the opinion that the Pittsburgh game will be a close contest and come down to a play here and there. 

As far as 14-2 is concerned I believe, again no disrespect intended, that is a bit optimistic.  In order for this to happen, that D will have to play with greater consistency throughout the rest of the season.  That's a tall order in my judgment.  Certainly achievable but I believe that 12-4 is the best we can hope for and I'll be very pleased if that is how it plays out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

14-2 or 13-3 thats why looking at a schedule before the season starts, is meaningless. You never know who gets injured on what team. I believe the Pats will Take it to Pitt. This is a typical steelers Team, until they face the spread offense of the Pats. I would love to play the big bad Steelers in the AFC Championship. Look through the years of Hines Ward crying after every defeat to the Pats. The Steelers last 2 Super Bowls "One against Seattle looked Fixed".They never went through the Pats either of those years.You guys must be awful young. I remeber the Steelers talking trash over the years and the Pats winning evry Time. If this defense progresses and stays healthy we have as good a chance as anyone to win the Super Bowl this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Of course it will.  It's a road game against a good team. My point here is, there is no clear cut best or better teams in the NFL.

It's a mirage if people believe that.

Pitt has NEVER, ever matched up against NE well. Ever.  They would have gotten plastered off the field in 2008 too, if not for Brady going down.

Roethlisturd isn't very bright and struggles against good Ds that feature various schemes.

Hes's actually better OUT of the pocket, than in it. SO the focus will be on collapsing it and keeping him in it to throw, where his throws sail.

OVERRATED.

The whole team and organization is overrated. And, frankly, I don't care. I love the underdog role.

So does BB.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: 14-2 very possible for this team, after 6 weeks gone and teams left in their schedule it looks promising. : No disrespect intended but I don't think that how the Steelers matched up against two other teams equates to how they will match up against the Pats.  Pats victory over Ravens came down to only a couple of plays plus a young D standing fast against the Ravens O in 4th qtr and o/t.  I am of the opinion that the Pittsburgh game will be a close contest and come down to a play here and there.  As far as 14-2 is concerned I believe, again no disrespect intended, that is a bit optimistic.  In order for this to happen, that D will have to play with greater consistency throughout the rest of the season.  That's a tall order in my judgment.  Certainly achievable but I believe that 12-4 is the best we can hope for and I'll be very pleased if that is how it plays out.
    Posted by ATJ

No disrespect at all, looking at the schedule now and what teams are there I'm confident this team can get there.

True they are young and still learning but this is what I'm thinking, guys like Crumpler, VW, Brady, Branch, Mayo even Spikes will not let these guys take the foot off the gas and become relaxed because they are all drinking the kolaid.

As they get better and more confident the more dangerous that young D will become including the OLBs who are playing well pair that with what looks to be a top 5 MLB group and the d will be better. 

There's not team do to injuries or they are just bad that look unbeatable on the schedule.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

The whole country is still shaking it's head over the releasing of Randy Moss and you guys are predicting 14 and 2?! LOL-Although I appreciate your enthusiasm I'm guessing that the pats are no better then a .500 team and BB will answering questions about Moss for a long long long time. Albeit they will be one word ,monotone,arrogant answers to those questions there will be many questions none the less.
    Posted by MasterHess-

The majority of the country doesn't go to college when they leave high school, too, Einstein.

Enjoy the view.

Maybe someday you'll actually grasp basic football concepts.

"No better than a .500 team".  Does anyone know why this guy hasn't been banned?

Why do others, specifically Pats fans get banned, and this little incest victim dances around here ruining threads?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

The whole country is still shaking it's head over the releasing of Randy Moss and you guys are predicting 14 and 2?! LOL-Although I appreciate your enthusiasm I'm guessing that the pats are no better then a .500 team and BB will answering questions about Moss for a long long long time. Albeit they will be one word ,monotone,arrogant answers to those questions there will be many questions none the less.
    Posted by MasterHess-

Peon you truly are an idiot, go buy football for Leons so you can learn a little bit about football.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

You know I am not sure 14-2 is a bit much because I think with these tough games remaining...
    San Diego... they will be a tough out but I give the Pats the win here.
    Minnesotta... Yeah I am not impressed by them but we seem to struggle against the Black and Blue Division and while we can stop Randy we better not over play our defense to stop him or we will get run over by a decent Running game, but I give us the win by a FG.
    Pittsburgh... is Pittsburgh and as much as I hate him Rothlesburger(sp) is looking amazing for having missed the beginning of the season. I think we lose this one.
    Indy... I think stinks but I don't trust Indy and we havent exactly played Manning well for a while. We take this one in a pretty decent fashion, figure on A Win here.
    Jets...God I hate them and they are very beatable but you can't make the mistakes we made in game one. I think we fix those and the more ballanced offense sinks the jets this time around with a win.

SO with the other games not mentioned I say we got a good shot at 13-3, 12-4 at worst.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I guess. Law went down on that illegal field of theirs and they lost their 22 game win streak.

It had to end some time.

But, I think we can agree that Pitt has never really matched up well against NE in the last 10 years.    Belichick always has a very good game plan for them, barring some outliers that throw the game out of control (turnovers, injuries, phantom calls, etc).

I think Pitt has beaten NE like 4 times in 15 years.

I agree on Pitt being very good. I said that. I just think it's funny people think they and NY are a cut above. It's a mirage.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from markrahobeth. Show markrahobeth's posts

Let the Pats just win this week before we fans get carried away.  The Pats have a tough schedule.  San Diego is not Foxboro and the Chargers are getting deperate  (this is almost a yearly occurance).  Manning is no Flacco, our young secondary still has a lot to prove.  Pittsburg has only one loss and just got their starting QB back, not sure why all the didisrespect, how would the Pats be doing if they didn't have Brady for their first four games?  I think the Jets will fall back some but they are still a good team.  It's fun to be optomistic but only one loss for the rest of the year is a bit ridiculous.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

Jets, Miami and Buffalo will be tough 2-1 out of the three for Pats.

Steelers hate the Patriots almost as much as the Ravens do, so it will be tough and there defense has been knocking out players from the games... Pitt wins in P-town.

Indy will be interesting as Manning has not been as accurate, his receivers are hurt and the defense is suspect against the run and week at safety, so the match at home for the Pats could come down to the last one w the ball as Manning could still light it up against our inexeprienced yet improving defense. Pats win at home.

Vikes defense is still good and the game could be tight if Farve is still playing, but expect the Pats to win.

Packers may be healthy again by the time they roll into town. Tough tough match if they are.  push... so put it at a loss.

The next game could be a challenge as the Chargers are not a bad team, but cannot seem to get the wins on the road. Norv Turner is a terrible coach and as much as Philips may be throwing up MVP numbers, expect their RBs to cough up the ball. Pats have second decisive road win!

The best the Pats may be 13-3.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

14-2?  Try 18-1.
    Posted by themightypatriotz

If you ever wind up in a knife fight in an alley, it'd be good to have Mighty covering your back.

Dude believes!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Hey Bb Reigns-How are ya my horribly accented neighbor from the North? So you are buying what BB and Kraft are selling you Lemmings in NE about Moss?? Laughable.Hey I got a hot deal on a bridge in Brooklyn ...Do you want in? How do you get rid of a 1st ballot HOFer this early in the season?That's the question that BB will be answering for years to come after a disappointing 2010 campaign. As far as the Jets being a cut above the pats ...well they are ...the Jets beat the snot out of the pats this year therefore the Jets get the nod.Simple really!
    Posted by MasterHess-

"Beat the snot"? 

Brady trying to appease Moss for a half is not "beat the snot" out of anything., It's more like, enjoy your gift for now.  You SHOULD be winning that game at home.

Glad you are so proud of that.

We all know Sanchez will collapse as the season goes on and teams start to shut down his lowly seam pass to Keller. Heck, Denver did it laast week. lol

You won't be here in November, I can guarantee that. And when NY collapses, you'll be long gone as well.

It's a long ride down to reality, dork.

Your window is closing. All you have is a Week 2 SB every year as the highlight of your season.

Hilarious.

Enjoy!

Horribly accented?  Your accent his horrendous! Who are you kidding here?

Have you seen your relatives on Jerey Shore? What does it feel like to be one of the people, civilization detests the most?

I mean, is there even a question?  The second I see a dork like yourself anywhere near my vicinity, I  go the other way.  Most painful people on the planet.  Not even debatable.

What's up for this weekend?  Waxing up the yellow camaro? Go shopping for new wife beaters? Maybe some new jewelry?  Close up the shack at "the shore"?

I hear Springsteen may have a new album that's about to drop.  Yay!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts