14-2 very possible for this team, after 6 weeks gone and teams left in their schedule it looks promising.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: 14-2 very possible for this team, after 6 weeks gone and teams left in their schedule it looks promising.

In Response to Re: 14-2 very possible for this team, after 6 weeks gone and teams left in their schedule it looks promising.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 14-2 very possible for this team, after 6 weeks gone and teams left in their schedule it looks promising. : "Beat the snot"?  Brady trying to appease Moss for a half is not "beat the snot" out of anything., It's more like, enjoy your gift for now.  You SHOULD be winning that game at home. Glad you are so proud of that. We all know Sanchez will collapse as the season goes on and teams start to shut down his lowly seam pass to Keller. Heck, Denver did it laast week. lol You won't be here in November, I can guarantee that. And when NY collapses, you'll be long gone as well. It's a long ride down to reality, dork. Your window is closing. All you have is a Week 2 SB every year as the highlight of your season. Hilarious. Enjoy! Horribly accented?  Your accent his horrendous! Who are you kidding here? Have you seen your relatives on Jerey Shore? What does it feel like to be one of the people, civilization detests the most? I mean, is there even a question?  The second I see a dork like yourself anywhere near my vicinity, I  go the other way.  Most painful people on the planet.  Not even debatable. What's up for this weekend?  Waxing up the yellow camaro? Go shopping for new wife beaters? Maybe some new jewelry?  Close up the shack at "the shore"? I hear Springsteen may have a new album that's about to drop.  Yay!
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Rusty, for someone who purports to be so smart, please explain why you are arguing with a fake Jets fan created by one of the board regulars?  I'm losing my faith in you.  You took the bait, hook line and sinker.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaxxon. Show Jaxxon's posts

Re: 14-2 very possible for this team, after 6 weeks gone and teams left in their schedule it looks promising.

After looking at the remaining schedules for the Steelers, Jets, Colts, and even the Ravens, 14-2 may be necessary for home-field advantage.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

We're probably going to lose at least a couple more. 1 game could be this weekend against San Diego. New England's schedule really is Brutal this year. I'm looking forward to watching the Pittsburgh/Miami game this weekend because I have a feeling Miami has got a present for them and I hate Pittsburgh. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In Response to Re: 14-2 very possible for this team, after 6 weeks gone and teams left in their schedule it looks promising.:
    [QUOTE]Let the Pats just win this week before we fans get carried away.  The Pats have a tough schedule.  San Diego is not Foxboro and the Chargers are getting deperate  (this is almost a yearly occurance).  Manning is no Flacco, our young secondary still has a lot to prove.  Pittsburg has only one loss and just got their starting QB back, not sure why all the didisrespect, how would the Pats be doing if they didn't have Brady for their first four games?  I think the Jets will fall back some but they are still a good team.  It's fun to be optomistic but only one loss for the rest of the year is a bit ridiculous.
    Posted by markrahobeth[/QUOTE]

you mean like in 2008? we wnet 11-5!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Looks for a flag?   Who is looking for a flag?   Answer me this:

Why is it that when NE plays a game there are phantom PI calls all over the field?

Can someone explain why Arrington and Merriweather were flagged on Sunday?

ZERO contact and each were penalized.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Why do you insist on answering a question with a question? I know it's a defense mechanism but the question was -Why does Tom Brady always look for the flag anytime that he gets hit or even brushed up against during a play?Disd you see him last Sunday smacking the ground like a 4 year old that scratched his knee after Suggs lit him up like a lightbulb? I agree it's a disturbing trend.I hope BB addresses this with him.
    Posted by MasterHess-[/QUOTE]

He doesn't "look for a flag every time" someone hits him or brushes him.

Thuggs's, oh whoops, excuse me, Suggs's cheap shot last year was a clear violation of the Carson Palmer rule.

How is that for an answer?

I highly doubt BB, a 7 time SB attendee as coach, is addressing anything remotely close to some mirage in your little mentally deranged head.

But, you enjoy! Are they taking you for a walk in the garden today? 

The fact you are allowed to walk amongst us is a disturbing trend.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 19andNo. Show 19andNo's posts

[QUOTE]If Atlanta and Balt can keep it close in Pitt, I think NE can keep it close and win there as well.

Dude, do you even watch football or are you just a New England homer?  The Steelers played with their backup QB's in case you forgot and still beat Atlanta.  If Ben plays the Ravens lose as well.  Can't wait for the Steelers to bring the Patriots back down to reality and you homers start to realize this team isn't that good.  Don't let the Ravens win fool you the Ravens blow and it still took everything the Patriots had to win that game.  The same goes for the pathetic Dolphins.  Erase the Miami blunders and I am not so sure the Patriots win that game as well.  The reality check for the Patriots starts this weekend so get ready for the "sky is falling" on here come Monday.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

I agree with BBreigns, the Steelers do not match up well against the Patriots. The key to beating the Steelers is to throw the ball. Too many teams are so determined to establish a running game, instead of taking advantage of how far the Steeler cornerbacks play off the receiver. Brady is a master at the quick pass, and Welker turns 3 & 4yd catches into big gains. As for Mike Wallace, I think you may be wrong to underestimate this young receiver. He constantly blows past defenders, only to have the Steeler Qb's underthrow the ball.
    I also agree with many of you guys that there is no clear-cut favorite in the NFL.
    There's such a fine line anymore between a team being 12-4 or 6-10. Injuries are also a big factor. Take Peyton Manning away from Indianapolis, and in my opinion, Indy is done! That's why I think one of Belechick's best coaching jobs was the year Brady was out. To go 11-5 and just nearly miss the playoffs was quite a job. Not only that, if the Patriots would have made it into the playoffs that year, they would have been a force to reckon with.
    It will once again come down to who is playing the best at the end going into the playoffs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with BBreigns, the Steelers do not match up well against the Patriots. The key to beating the Steelers is to throw the ball. Too many teams are so determined to establish a running game, instead of taking advantage of how far the Steeler cornerbacks play off the receiver. Brady is a master at the quick pass, and Welker turns 3 & 4yd catches into big gains. As for Mike Wallace, I think you may be wrong to underestimate this young receiver. He constantly blows past defenders, only to have the Steeler Qb's underthrow the ball. I also agree with many of you guys that there is no clear-cut favorite in the NFL. There's such a fine line anymore between a team being 12-4 or 6-10. Injuries are also a big factor. Take Peyton Manning away from Indianapolis, and in my opinion, Indy is done! That's why I think one of Belechick's best coaching jobs was the year Brady was out. To go 11-5 and just nearly miss the playoffs was quite a job. Not only that, if the Patriots would have made it into the playoffs that year, they would have been a force to reckon with. It as will once again come down to who is playing the best at the end going into the playoffs.
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]

Thanks for being honest.   Very cool of you as a Steelers fan to not take my assessment personally and to acknowledge what I said as somewhat accurate.

I can be objective and be and still be a diehard.

I looked at the SD and Pitt games as tough road games, but still games I feel NE can "steal".

I had NY and Miami road games as losses, Minny or GB a loss at home and some other random game out of nowhere as a loss.

NE might lose in Pitt, but they'll be tough to beat, in my opinion.  LIke I said, BB will try to bottle up Ben in the pocket so he's forced to throw there. He doesn't like that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 14-2 very possible for this team, after 6 weeks gone and teams left in their schedule it looks promising. : "Beat the snot"?  Brady trying to appease Moss for a half is not "beat the snot" out of anything., It's more like, enjoy your gift for now.  You SHOULD be winning that game at home. Glad you are so proud of that. We all know Sanchez will collapse as the season goes on and teams start to shut down his lowly seam pass to Keller. Heck, Denver did it laast week. lol You won't be here in November, I can guarantee that. And when NY collapses, you'll be long gone as well. It's a long ride down to reality, dork. Your window is closing. All you have is a Week 2 SB every year as the highlight of your season. Hilarious. Enjoy! Horribly accented?  Your accent his horrendous! Who are you kidding here? Have you seen your relatives on Jerey Shore? What does it feel like to be one of the people, civilization detests the most? I mean, is there even a question?  The second I see a dork like yourself anywhere near my vicinity, I  go the other way.  Most painful people on the planet.  Not even debatable. What's up for this weekend?  Waxing up the yellow camaro? Go shopping for new wife beaters? Maybe some new jewelry?  Close up the shack at "the shore"? I hear Springsteen may have a new album that's about to drop.  Yay!

So you are so sure the Jets will collapse? And you base this on a poor game played on the road that they still managed to win. Now I grant you, The Jets of old would have found ways to lose that game and even the game against Minny. But they didn't and that tells me that they have done some maturing as a team.

As for the drama you proclaim that NE went through. If you say so. I jst don't see how that was a massive anxiety attack on anyone. Everyone knew Brady was going to get his contract.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying that this Patriots teams cannot do all the things you say. I would never underestimate a BB coached team. But there is no such thing as a lock in the NFL. And things can change from one week to the next.

FYI - Sanchez is a smart kid who will continue to learn as the season moves forth. I would not count on him crumbling as you think he will. He will make his mistakes, but he is going to have some very good moments as well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

It remains beyond me as to why anyone responds to the baiting tactics of someone whose sole purpose in posting here is to disrupt and annoy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I don't think Sanchez can make the passes he'll need to make when it counts. I have seen little evidence of this against a quality D.

He's got a 55% comp perecentage and still looks awful trying to go deep or towards the sidelines.   His mid range ball is fine in the seam, usually to Keller.

When NY faces a good D again, or just a good Run D, the pressure will be on the hotshot.

They've hidden him very well so far.  They only let him loose when they play a bad team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 14-2 very possible for this team, after 6 weeks gone and teams left in their schedule it looks promising. : So you are so sure the Jets will collapse? And you base this on a poor game played on the road that they still managed to win. Now I grant you, The Jets of old would have found ways to lose that game and even the game against Minny. But they didn't and that tells me that they have done some maturing as a team. As for the drama you proclaim that NE went through. If you say so. I jst don't see how that was a massive anxiety attack on anyone. Everyone knew Brady was going to get his contract. Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying that this Patriots teams cannot do all the things you say. I would never underestimate a BB coached team. But there is no such thing as a lock in the NFL. And things can change from one week to the next. FYI - Sanchez is a smart kid who will continue to learn as the season moves forth. I would not count on him crumbling as you think he will. He will make his mistakes, but he is going to have some very good moments as well.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Yep, I'll be the first to admit that I underestimated Sanchez. He's not done growing yet so you never know but he's exceeded my expectations thus far.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

55 completion%. Worst in NFL for any starter.

When he faced good Ds (Balt and Minny), he's looked terrible. Heck, he looked terrible against Denver.

Watch Sanchez play. I'd cringe every time this guy wasn't throwing to Keller in the middle, if I was a Jets fan.

Check the bottom five in completion%. This will only get WORSE, not better.  They can't run it all day long all season long. Won't work.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?season=2010&seasonType=REG&d-447263-o=2&conference=null&tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=PASSING&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_COMPLETION_PERCENTAGE&d-447263-n=1

Cassel />Sanchez

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

All I'm saying and maybe it is a bit of a homer take but I'm saying all remaining games are with teams that the Pats should beat or with good teams while either injury problems or inconsistent.

So if there's a game that it is evenly match offcourse I'm trusting in Bill so I don't think based of what I've seen from this team and the teams on the schedule that 14-2 is impossible.

Also, I really enjoy hearing the young guys talk they sound much as "Patriot Way" doctrine.  They have bought in, even rebel Merri had a game that I'll have to admit other than that stupid cheap shot was solid.  If he begins to miss tackles and still put on hits by doing his job and doing what coaches tell him the better the back end will be.

OLBs are looking good so is the DL, they will get consistency down.  The O, wow is all I have to say.  they are getting better (young TEs) every week and so is Woody. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]14-2?  Try 18-1.
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]
    And lose the SB.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 14-2 very possible for this team, after 6 weeks gone and teams left in their schedule it looks promising. : "Good luck with that"? Good luck with what? Using my brain and appreciating the drama they were going through heading into this season?  What do I need luck for? I have a brain, so I'll use it. Did you enjoy seeing constant articles about Brayd's contract, Maroney wondering what to do, Moss complaining, Brady feeling compelled to feed Moss,  etc, etc? Yes, drama. A lot more than I'd like, that is for sure.    A lot of obsessive drama.  Ben Rapelisturd brought his on his own, and it's a good thing Pitt has Goodell in their back pocket, too. That is still a joke. Wins with Batch?  Escaping in a home opener in OT against Atlanta?  Wow!  Beating McCoy and Cleveland at home? Wow!! @ Tampa Bay!  Wow!  Stop the presses!  What drama!  Winning AT TB even with Charlie Batch!  Tomlin is coach of the year! What a team!  All the way!
    Your intelligence is not on the same plain as Jessey's. Your IQ could be half of his. If you want to be embarrassed, go there.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 14-2 very possible for this team, after 6 weeks gone and teams left in their schedule it looks promising. : The majority of the country doesn't go to college when they leave high school, too, Einstein. Enjoy the view. Maybe someday you'll actually grasp basic football concepts. "No better than a .500 team".  Does anyone know why this guy hasn't been banned? Why do others, specifically Pats fans get banned, and this little incest victim dances around here ruining threads?
    He isn't banned because this a public forum and he's stating an opinion. This is America unless you voted for the porch monkey.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

There you are Crusty.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]All I'm saying and maybe it is a bit of a homer take but I'm saying all remaining games are with teams that the Pats should beat or with good teams while either injury problems or inconsistent. So if there's a game that it is evenly match offcourse I'm trusting in Bill so I don't think based of what I've seen from this team and the teams on the schedule that 14-2 is impossible. Also, I really enjoy hearing the young guys talk they sound much as "Patriot Way" doctrine.  They have bought in, even rebel Merri had a game that I'll have to admit other than that stupid cheap shot was solid.  If he begins to miss tackles and still put on hits by doing his job and doing what coaches tell him the better the back end will be. OLBs are looking good so is the DL, they will get consistency down.  The O, wow is all I have to say.  they are getting better (young TEs) every week and so is Woody. 
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]

I'd say they're all winnable even Pittsburgh. There are a couple of people here that predicted the Pats go 15-1. They may end up being right about that. They've grown a lot as a team since week 1 and they should grow a lot more by the end of the year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think Sanchez can make the passes he'll need to make when it counts. I have seen little evidence of this against a quality D. He's got a 55% comp perecentage and still looks awful trying to go deep or towards the sidelines.   His mid range ball is fine in the seam, usually to Keller. When NY faces a good D again, or just a good Run D, the pressure will be on the hotshot. They've hidden him very well so far.  They only let him loose when they play a bad team.
    There's your answer. A quality D which the Pats don't have.

Sections
Shortcuts