14-2 very possible for this team, after 6 weeks gone and teams left in their schedule it looks promising.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

Re: 14-2 very possible for this team, after 6 weeks gone and teams left in their schedule it looks promising.

Let's not be too Pollyanna here. The defense played well,agaimst Baltimore on Sunday, and has beedn coming along.  They need to keep it up.  I heard some "experts" on the NFL network claim Baltimore ran out of gas after 4 straight road games.  Not sure if this 100% NE bashing or if theri is a grain of salt to this.... 

I would love to see a record better than  12-4 ,and I think the team has a good chance to do it.  Is it enough to beat out the J-E-T-S?  I hope so!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: 14-2 very possible for this team, after 6 weeks gone and teams left in their schedule it looks promising.

In Response to Re: 14-2 very possible for this team, after 6 weeks gone and teams left in their schedule it looks promising.:
    Let's not be too Pollyanna here. The defense played well,agaimst Baltimore on Sunday, and has beedn coming along.  They need to keep it up.  I heard some "experts" on the NFL network claim Baltimore ran out of gas after 4 straight road games.  Not sure if this 100% NE bashing or if theri is a grain of salt to this....  I would love to see a record better than  12-4 ,and I think the team has a good chance to do it.  Is it enough to beat out the J-E-T-S?  I hope so!!
    Posted by Hoier

Agree:

One step at a time.

I like the progression I see so early.

Anyone is beatable on any Sunday.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

Time to fess up:  I predicted 10-6 but I was feeling like it was closer to 9-7.

I have to admit that looks wildly off right now, but I think 14-2 is  big a stretch.

It will be a fine accomplishment to finish 7-4 and get to 11-5.  Anything better than that is house money when you figure that they have three rookies and Rob Ninkovinch starting on defense.

One week at a time.  There's lots that can happen but at least a three game losing streak looks like the least possible development one can imagine.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: 14-2 very possible for this team, after 6 weeks gone and teams left in their schedule it looks promising.:
    We're probably going to lose at least a couple more. 1 game could be this weekend against San Diego. New England's schedule really is Brutal this year. I'm looking forward to watching the Pittsburgh/Miami game this weekend because I have a feeling Miami has got a present for them and I hate Pittsburgh. 
    Posted by ewhite1065

Warriors - come out to plaaaaay! Warriors, come out to playayayay.

Nice avatar E

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

I will add this, New England has a much better chance at beating Pittsburgh, in Pittsburgh, than Pittsburgh has a chance of beating New England, in New England. The NFL is so up & down anymore. One week a team looks unbeatable, and the following  week, they lay an egg. I still think it comes down to match-ups. The one team I can never figure out though, is the Chargers. Always seem to have the talent, but lose too many games to teams they should beat easily. They seem to play much better against the top-teams. Norm Turner seems like a decent guy, but  just isn't head-coach material. Should be interesting to see how the season unfolds.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

like the optimism, but unlikely. I don't care if they go 10-6, so long as they make the playoffs and gain momentum going in.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: 14-2 very possible for this team, after 6 weeks gone and teams left in their schedule it looks promising. : Warriors - come out to plaaaaay! Warriors, come out to playayayay. Nice avatar E
    Posted by jesseyeric

Thanks...It's a classic

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I will add this, New England has a much better chance at beating Pittsburgh, in Pittsburgh, than Pittsburgh has a chance of beating New England, in New England. The NFL is so up & down anymore. One week a team looks unbeatable, and the following  week, they lay an egg. I still think it comes down to match-ups. The one team I can never figure out though, is the Chargers. Always seem to have the talent, but lose too many games to teams they should beat easily. They seem to play much better against the top-teams. Norm Turner seems like a decent guy, but  just isn't head-coach material. Should be interesting to see how the season unfolds.
    Posted by Steelcurtain75

In my opinion, this is by far and away the most bunched up I have seen the NFL in terms of parity.

I cannot recall ever seeing a season start like this either in the cap era or before it came to be (1993ish).

It's fascinating, really.   Even the supposed best teams can't feel like they have a leg up on anyone.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

So does 4-12 if Brady gets hurt.  You don't know - that's why you play the game

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to 14-2 very possible for this team, after 6 weeks gone and teams left in their schedule it looks promising. : You're smoking dope.
    Posted by JintsFan

Your point?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

^^ His point is he's jealous of you smoking dope and being rational with your opinion.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

One closer to 14-2 lol still a couple of tough games to go.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Is it still crazy to think 14-2 its possible?  After watching the Steelers yesterday the Pats can have a similar game plan as did the Saints.  Pats D is playing some really good football.

Proops to Mr Wright, a sack in the each of the last 4 games. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SShoreLurker. Show SShoreLurker's posts

GO PATS!!!!!  19-0!!!!!  We aren't going to lose any game all year!!!  We're gonna reclaim the undefeated mantle once more!!!!!

Now that punk Moss is gone we have out heros, Woodhead, Edalman, and Welker to save this team!!  We should call them the Wicked Whiteout Trio!!!!!

In Bill We Trust!!  Guaranteed they will win by more than 20 every game out!!!!

Cleveland  49-3  Mangini will find a way to prevent a shutout!
    Pittsburgh  31-7  Roethlisberger will throw 5 INTs
    Indianapolis 42-10 Peyton will be benched b/c he is scared to play in Foxboro!
    Detroit  31-6  Detroit hasn't won a game since 2007!!
    NYJets  52-7  Belichick will unleash the hounds on Rex. Woodhead will have 4 TD
    Chicago  46-10  This one's for Super Bowl XX. Belichick remembers!
    Green Bay  41-20  Green Bay is ok but Pats will never punt!
    Buffalo   31-0  This one is for Lawyer Milloy!!
    Miami   38-7  Its a proven fact that Belichick wants to really squoosh a Tuna!!

= 16-0  566 points  224 given up
    Brady has  51 TD!!

Woooooo Hoooooo!!  Thats not an opinion, thats a FACT!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'm as big a Pats fan as they come and 14-2 is certainly achievable.  That said there are some pretty tough games ahead.  'Any given Sunday' isn't just a cliche and this year we have seen more than a few unexpected outcomes.  I'd love 14-2 but I'm thinking 11-5 is also possible.  I'd be happy with the AFC East and a first round bye however that plays out record-wise.  After that, who knows.

Go Pats!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I'm rethinking the Pats loosing to the Steelers, there's a team that plays similar offense and that's the Saints.  They were able to throw and move the ball well against Pit. 

I'm still thinking 14-2 is very achievable specially with the teams they've already beaten.  They've faced the leagues best defenses and Os and have managed to win games, not pretty but a win.

This group is coming together and they look like they are enjoying individual plays as much as team victories.  BB has total control and trust of those guys, humble pie is alive in that locker room.  Rookies are playing very well, now my concern.  College season is shorter and these guys are not used to playing 16 games so do they hit a wall in late november or early december? 

Could BB be taking this into consideration and using all those sub packages and multiple looks with different people in?  could he be making sure guys stay fresh through out the full season? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

Uhhh:
    Does Lurker realize that we've lost a game already??
    !2-4 is really where they will end up in my opinion.  They will lose one game they shouldnt lose, because they (and every other team in the NFL) do it once or twice every year.  I am actually concerned about this Sunday with Cleveland....its a trap game in every sense of the word, the Pats could be looking ahead to the Pit game.  I think they will win in Cleveland though, but I feel a loss to Indy and to Green Bay...and the 4th loss will be..........are you ready?????  Miami....yes...said it here...laugh all you want....that will be the one game the Pats lose that they shouldnt.....AND...it could very well be that half the team doesnt play in that game.
    They just wont win every game but 1 for the rest of the season with the 31st rated pass defense.....I am sorry.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

What was their pass D rated in 2001 with a 1st year QB and a bunch of no names and older talent?

Pats 2001 Pass D?  Ranked 24th. Gave up over 5 yards per play overall (Run and and Pass D).

Ranked 19th in Run D.

NE is ranked 10th in run D right now. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Don't want to jump to any conclusions, but it is safe to say this team is going to lose very few games.  

But one game I see them winning is the Steelers game.  Orig poster had that as the Pats only other loss.  I can see this team beating Pittsburg, although I say that only having watched the Steelers lay an egg against the Saints.

Pats will beat the Jets at home.  My worry is that some unknown, like Cleveland, is going to step up when it counts.  Heck, even the Bills have given the Pats a few memorable games over the past few seasons, but the Pats have managed blowouts against teams that were supposed to hang with them (like Cinci).

It's all good, though.  For the past few years, when teams can't beat the Pats on the field, the teams and the media go after the coaching staffs' credibility. Whatever.  I guess if teams can't beat them on the field, they try to manage a moral victory in the wake of a loss.  Laughable.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotzking18. Show patriotzking18's posts

15-1 what you guys talking about because I only see four tough games (Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, New York, and Green Bay ) and I still say we come out with win because no one will really run the ball on us and McCourty will shutdown his side in all these games. Pittsburgh is only Baltimore all over again and If we can avoid turnovers and put up points we will win. Indianapolis have Peyton Manning, but he lost Dallas Clark, Addai is really no threat on the ground, and Brady will eat that Cover 2 up. New York is same thing I said about Pittsburgh just better cornerbacks plus if you remember we had the lead up there going into half time and then Brady come out second half forcing the ball to Moss and lost rhyme things change at home. And the Green Bay Hospital speaks for its self and inconsistent plus they have no run game. First round-bye here we come.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

Indy, Pitt, Jets, GB, miami.  5 tough games.  Likely to loose 1 or 2 of them for sure.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

"for sure"? How about "possibly"?  4 of those are at home.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from calchu7. Show calchu7's posts

We still have a tough a schedule ahead of us: PIT, NYJ, GB, and MIA.

I don't care about the record.  I just want the team to make it to the playoffs and with everyone healthy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

At the beginning of the season I said 16-0, 14-2 at the worst. I'll stick with the 14-2 at the worst. Really, losing Pees as the DC was worth at least 4 more games won and that wasn't taking into account the upgrade in talent due to the draft and returning IR players.

Sections
Shortcuts