15 minutes until the Agents for FA's can start talking with teams!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: 15 minutes until the Agents for FA's can start talking with teams!

In response to dreighver's comment:

Tampa & San Diego Contacts Aqib Talib's Agent: The Tampa Bay Buccaneers & San Diego Chargers have contacted the a...wp.me/pcQbV-2GN

Just seen this.  The Bucs?? Thats odd!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Chargers Contact Vollmer's Agent: The San Diego Chargers have contacted the agent for T Sebastian Vollmer. wp.me/pcQbV-2GX

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Tampa & San Diego Contacts Aqib Talib's Agent: The Tampa Bay Buccaneers & San Diego Chargers have contacted the a...wp.me/pcQbV-2GN

Starting to question the legitimacy of this guy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero was told the Patriots are interested in free agent Mike Wallace.

New England is desperate for someone to stretch the field on the outside, and they're expected to overhaul their receiving corps to some extent. Brandon Lloyd isn't that type of player, and he may be released after just one season with the club. Teaming deep threat Wallace up with Rob Gronkowski in the intermediate passing game and Wes Welker (assuming he re-signs) and Aaron Hernandez in the short attack would change the whole dynamic of the offense.   Sorry guys I just created a whole new thread on this topic... but it did get me excited.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Starting to question the legitimacy of this guy.

I know, right!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero was told the Patriots are interested in free agent Mike Wallace.

I read where this guy is pretty legit.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Ed Reed doesn't have an agent so I quess there will be no news about Ed.  He is probably sleeping, has his answering machine on and will get back to everyone sometime soon. LOL!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Wait - he is, or is not legit?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Nah TFB, Smith is overrated dude...  Talib has more natural talent and will cost less.  I feel his off field antics are a little over blown, and he will settle down wi\h the Pats at age 27.

he has setteld down already for a while (ped aside)

can he stay free of injury bug. hamstring pulls mean you are not doing/getting the work to keep the uscle free.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Ed Reed doesn't have an agent so I quess there will be no news about Ed.  He is probably sleeping, has his answering machine on and will get back to everyone sometime soon. LOL!!!

yep , only illegal tampering with ed, not legal tampering

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Wait - he is, or is not legit?

I don't know if he is or not.  Not followed by any of the main football reporters. They sure have a ton of news on who is talking to who and they seem to get it pretty dang fast.  Not sure how trustworthy it is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Yeah I feel you.... take all this with a grain of salt. Lots more news to come i'm sure.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Ok, now I am really doubting this guy after reading this.....

ProFootballCentral @PFCentral

Several Teams Have Called About Julian Edelman: Several teams have showed strong interest in free agent WR Julian... http://wp.me/pcQbV-2Hs

This can't be real!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Ok, now I am really doubting this guy after reading this.....

ProFootballCentral ‏@PFCentral

Several Teams Have Called About Julian Edelman: Several teams have showed strong interest in free agent WR Julian... http://wp.me/pcQbV-2Hs

This can't be real!

for the life of me i dont knwo why we didnt already do edelman for 3 years 7 mil ish adn woody 3 for 4.5 sih.

for what he wil cost i can see tems tapping their toe, adn soe jsut to f with pats. but i dont see why bb didnt get a cheap deal done with these 2

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

for the life of me i dont knwo why we didnt already do edelman for 3 years 7 mil ish adn woody 3 for 4.5 sih.

for what he wil cost i can see tems tapping their toe, adn soe jsut to f with pats. but i dont see why bb didnt get a cheap deal done with these 2

Hmm! Now you have me wondering why too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

its easy why BB hasnt done a deal with JE or DW yet, both are marginal players and easily replaced. Basically JE's only contribution is punt returns, and DW is similar skills to SV. Dont get me wrong I love both guys and hooe both stay but I wouldn't extend myself for them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

its easy why BB hasnt done a deal with JE or DW yet, both are marginal players and easily replaced. Basically JE's only contribution is punt returns, and DW is similar skills to SV. Dont get me wrong I love both guys and hooe both stay but I wouldn't extend myself for them.

exactly the point (can be signed cheap), and if you read my other post abotu necessary redundancy you cna see why it woudl be good to have them a round at a cheap price when/if any of he guys ahead of tehm get hurt durign the year

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

Hmm! Now you have me wondering why too.

sorry for any undue consternation tfb )

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

My picks for conversations:

Lewis, Cason, Gamble, Grimes, DRC, Houston ... do you get my drift! And did I leave any CBs off the list?

We have one CB signed and he is awaiting sentencing. We must sign a high quality starting CB and hopefully two. Talib may be one, but we have already been talking with him and know what he is looking for (though not what he mat find on the market.)

After the CBs, Amendola and Jennings (just to let them know there is interest) and maybe Wallace.

Then ... DTs, DEs, Safeties, and RTs and Guards.

Love to find an upgrade at Safety and I expect the Pats bring at least one in, but I could live with the current crop and or draft pick. I feel the same about DTs and DEs. RT and Guard may already be on the roster. WR if Welker leaves is big, but otherwise could live with the low level options and a draft pick.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Never thought Woodhead or Edelman would sign before FA started - I think they are both very useful players, but they are not 'starters' with the Pats and some team in need may pay them more money than the Pats would because they do not have a Welker or a Vereen/Demps in front  of them on the depth chart.

I would like to see them back, but like BJGE last year, will not be upset if they sign elsewhere.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to mia76's comment:

Never thought Woodhead or Edelman would sign before FA started - I think they are both very useful players, but they are not 'starters' with the Pats and some team in need may pay them more money than the Pats would because they do not have a Welker or a Vereen/Demps in front  of them on the depth chart.

I would like to see them back, but like BJGE last year, will not be upset if they sign elsewhere.

It seemed to me that Woodhead cut into Vareen's touches. Vareen is more phyiscal and athletic with more big play ability but I will say this for Woodhead, for the most part he made the most of the oppotunities he was given. He was very productive in certain 3rd down situations and turned out to be fairly durable for his size. 

Agree on the touches, but I think the biggest reason Woodhead got the snaps he did, is because he was much better than Vereen at recognizing and picking up blitzers. That is a skill in the NFL that takes a few years to develop and is critical for a 3rd down back to have. Vereen is getting there, but ...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Should go after Wallace and Boldin, have speed and a big tough receiver

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

Not sure what the infatuation with Adrian Wilson is? Yes if we could gt the AW of 3 years ago I would be psyched, but did anyone see him play last year? 32 y/o's dont normally have an injury free down year, then bounce back.

Did you see the Cards season? Wilson had 15 tackles and his only sack and INT in the first 3 weeks when they went 3-0 and beat the Pats.

Then they went 1-12. Yikes!

He was a big all-pro FS, we'd want him to play 60% of the snaps, be that coach on the field leder that Rodney was and play more SS. People kept saying DMC and Gregory at 5'11" and 195 were too small to for SS's and Wilson would be better than Chung. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'd take 45-60 tackles, 2-3 sacks and INT's and a solidifying veteran presence/leadership at safety (the closest thing we have had there since Rodney was James Sanders) for 2 years 8 million with 5m guaranteed, 3.5 of it this year.