16-Game Season, Folks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

16-Game Season, Folks

I thought that bandwagon was getting a bit heavy. Thank God, all those people jumped off.

Tom Brady shouldn't have gotten married?
    Get rid of Bill?
    Defense stinks?

LISTEN TO YOURSELVES!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Re: 16-Game Season, Folks

In Response to 16-Game Season, Folks:
    I thought that bandwagon was getting a bit heavy. Thank God, all those people jumped off. Tom Brady shouldn't have gotten married? Get rid of Bill? Defense stinks? LISTEN TO YOURSELVES!
    Posted by apdynasty23

Amen. But you forgot the long list of players they need to cut: Meriweather, Bodden, Maroney (of course). I also just read a post that suggests the Pats will pick in the top 10.

Be careful jumping off the wagon folks, you might break an ankle.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I thought that bandwagon was getting a bit heavy. Thank God, all those people jumped off. Tom Brady shouldn't have gotten married? Get rid of Bill? Defense stinks? LISTEN TO YOURSELVES!
    Posted by apdynasty23
    the defense did stink,or didnt you watch the game.makeing opinions outside of calling someone to get axed,dosent mean a person is a bandwagon fan.that saying is so old,and typical.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: 16-Game Season, Folks:
    In Response to 16-Game Season, Folks : the defense did stink,or didnt you watch the game.makeing opinions outside of calling someone to get axed,dosent mean a person is a bandwagon fan.that saying is so old,and typical.
    Posted by mosseffect43

I actually did watch the game, thank you.

Just go back and read last week's discussions. People were annointing this defense as the best Patriots defense ever, blah blah blah. Look at what they were saying about Meriweather, Bodden and Springs. Now that they had a hiccup in a long regular season, people want to overhaul the entire roster. The sad thing is that most of these posters are grossly misinformed. They're just wasting their breath.

In summation, we lost because of EXECUTION. That's probably the word Belichick will write on the white board. They didn't execute on offense or defense. This franchise is known for doing the little things to win and today they were out-done by a coach who, to his credit, knows what we're all about.

Let's not forget that our entire defensive gameplan was thrown out the window when McDaniels unveiled the wild horses offense similar to what Miami did last year. That's why we didn't blitz because we would have been abused even worse.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

By the way, a bandwagon fan DOES call for his 3-time Super Bowl coach to get axed after week 5 of the season with a record of 3-2 and a half-of-fame quarterback. That's not bandwagon at all. Good point.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Agreed they did not execute...Brady was well below average....offensive playcalling was terrible in the 2nd half. The Pats will win 10 games (at least) and right now Mc Daniels looks like a genius....and Cutler is still a p--sy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I'm worried, not about the frantic things you said, but about a team that CAN'T CAPITALIZE.

A lot of missed tackles, tipped passes that fell somewhere other than into the hands of Patriots defenders, drives that were continued by Denver penalties but stalled anyway, missed passes to wide open receivers...

And our defense was swiss cheese today.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

The knee-jerk, sky-is-falling, everyone needs to get cut is even older and more typical.

Please football geniuses. Define the word "stink" for me. Atlanta put up 45 on the 49ers today. That stinks. Seattle 41-Jax 0. That stinks. Losing by 3 in OT in a place the Pats typically struggle doesn't mean they stink.

Why is the typical Pats fan such a reactionary idiot? Before the season, we got all these 19-0 proclamations. Lose to the Jets and all is lost. Lose today and the Pats will be lucky to be .500.

It really is a baseball town, isn't it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: 16-Game Season, Folks : I actually did watch the game, thank you. Just go back and read last week's discussions. People were annointing this defense as the best Patriots defense ever, blah blah blah. Look at what they were saying about Meriweather, Bodden and Springs. Now that they had a hiccup in a long regular season, people want to overhaul the entire roster. The sad thing is that most of these posters are grossly misinformed. They're just wasting their breath. In summation, we lost because of EXECUTION. That's probably the word Belichick will write on the white board. They didn't execute on offense or defense. This franchise is known for doing the little things to win and today they were out-done by a coach who, to his credit, knows what we're all about. Let's not forget that our entire defensive gameplan was thrown out the window when McDaniels unveiled the wild horses offense similar to what Miami did last year. That's why we didn't blitz because we would have been abused even worse.
    Posted by apdynasty23
    you said it we would have gotten abused more.which means the defense needs work,and they didnt have what it took today,but i have seen them struggle in areas the last five weeks,but no im not calling for belichick,or brady to be replaced.not even maroney in this game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

The knee-jerk, sky-is-falling, everyone needs to get cut is even older and more typical. Please football geniuses. Define the word "stink" for me. Atlanta put up 45 on the 49ers today. That stinks. Seattle 41-Jax 0. That stinks. Losing by 3 in OT in a place the Pats typically struggle doesn't mean they stink. Why is the typical Pats fan such a reactionary idiot? Before the season, we got all these 19-0 proclamations. Lose to the Jets and all is lost. Lose today and the Pats will be lucky to be .500. It really is a baseball town, isn't it.
    Posted by seattlemaslow
    i guess with you tuned into your seahawks you would have known what stinking defense is sherlock,but you dont so dont preach like you know what your talking about.yes we typical pats fans,not the outsiders like yourself get emotional over our team.go back to your other team the seahawks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

The bottom line on this game is that, as poorly as they played and coached, the game was still there for the winning in the fourth quarter and the Pats didn't take advantage.

No, it's not the end of the world.

But it's no good reason for a party, either.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Patriots still have a ways to go and that includes Brady... Coaching was suspect and that is a weird thing to say also! I think Patriots still win AFC East and likely in the mix for a Bye.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

In Response to Re: 16-Game Season, Folks : i guess with you tuned into your seahawks you would have known what stinking defense is sherlock,but you dont so dont preach like you know what your talking about.go back to your other team the seahawks.
    Posted by mosseffect43

Yeah, that's right. Because I have a user name you don't understand you sure do make lots of assumptions. See me throwing the Pats under the bus? Didn't think so. Look in the mirror bandwagon fan.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: 16-Game Season, Folks : you said it we would have gotten abused more.which means the defense needs work,and they didnt have what it took today,but i have seen them struggle in areas the last five weeks,but no im not calling for belichick,or brady to be replaced.not even maroney in this game.
    Posted by mosseffect43

Defense needs work but it'll be fine when the offense comes around. Carson Palmer took A WHOLE EXTRA YEAR to get to the point he's at right now. Peyton Manning looked so-so for the first 5-6 games last year and then they ran the table. Brady's off and we all acknowledge that but at the same time, people shouldn't jump ship.

You can't go out and "get playmakers" because it's not that easy. Otherwise, we'd be another Redskins. In the long run, this plan works: buy cheap, build cheap, build value, spread the wealth, have a much better all-around team. You don't necessarily need "playmakers." We forced fumbles today. We were close to a pick or two (those have to be converted, I know). It's all there in the making but it's going to take some time.

Luckily, I still think the division race is between just two teams and not all four. Buffalo's done. Miami is a toss-up still but without anything substantial on offense, they'll eventually fall too. Us against the Jets.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: 16-Game Season, Folks : Yeah, that's right. Because I have a user name you don't understand you sure do make lots of assumptions. See me throwing the Pats under the bus? Didn't think so. Look in the mirror bandwagon fan.
    Posted by seattlemaslow

sorry bub you are the only band wagon guy,or troll here. you come here calling us typical pats fans.get real.you dont see me throwing anyone under the bus,but you will see me call something that is wrong with the team.its called being a fan.you cheer,you beach!and the next week you do it again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I'm a st Louis Rams Fan. 16 games too many as far as I'm concerned. They are more pathetic than tito. In Response to 16-Game Season, Folks :
    Posted by Baseball-Dr

Hang in there! =)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Posted by apdynasty23

They were 2-2 during their Super Bowl season in 2003

Not saying they look Super, but they don't look terrible.  Don't jump off a cliff, although do indeed jump off of the bandwagon.  They just need to take advantage of the opportunities they had.  It was frustrating, but it wasn't unfixable.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

And I don't think it's Brady's mechanics anymore - I think he missed Welker because he read the defense incorrectly.  

Welker knew the coverage was shallow and that the safety would bite leaving him scotch free to the endzone.  Brady threw it into Dawkin's back instead of putting a little touch on it.

Not the end of his career, but certainly an adjustment they have to make.

I also noticed a few of the same delayed blitzes that the Giants ran against the Patriots in Super Bowl XLII... thought they'd have fixed that by now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

In Response to Re: 16-Game Season, Folks : sorry bub you are the only band wagon guy,or troll here. you come here calling us typical pats fans.get real.
    Posted by mosseffect43

I'm very real. Do you see me calling for anyone's head? Saying the Pats stink? The season is 5 games old. Getting all emotional at this point is the realm of the bandwagon fan.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: 16-Game Season, Folks : I'm very real. Do you see me calling for anyone's head? Saying the Pats stink? The season is 5 games old. Getting all emotional at this point is the realm of the bandwagon fan.
    Posted by seattlemaslow
    your not seeing me calling for anyones head,or say the pats stink.you will hear me btch about something that stunk,like the defense,or whatever other position.welcome to fan hood.you cheer one week,and btch the next,and then do it all over again.you talk about it at the bars.the job,and with your neighbors.this is what a real typical pat fan,or any fan does.i dont know many fans whos emotions dont get high during a game,win,or lose.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike473. Show Mike473's posts

No need to panic. They are 3-2, which is not the end of the world.

Brady, like Manning last season, is working his way back in to form. Brady missed 3 easy TD passes today, and lost a fumble heading toward a winning drive at the end. The bottom line is that the plays were there for the Pats to put this one away, but the execution just isn't there yet. I think the Pats will finish 11-5. But, will 11 wins get us in this year?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

In Response to Re: 16-Game Season, Folks : your not seeing me calling for anyones head,or say the pats stink.you will hear me btch about something that stunk,like the defense,or whatever other position.welcome to fan hood.you cheer one week,and btch the next,and then do it all over again.you talk about it at the bars.the job,and with your neighbors.this is what a real typical pat fan does.i dont know many fans whos emotions dont get high during a game,win,or lose.
    Posted by mosseffect43

I guess I have a little bit of a hard time when a team's own fans say they stink when they are in fact winning. Then again, I'm sure that's why they created the dynamic combo of the First Amendment and the internet.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Posted by apdynasty23

Sheesh... it is only the fifth game.  In Denver, NE has to propensity for not playing well and it sure happened again!  Give kudos to the Broncos because they played for 60 minutes and change.  Don;t forget, most of us here think the Pats will finish 12 - 4.  This is only loss 2 and I recall many believed one of them would be in Denver.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

We have plenty of time to turn things around but this loss hurts. Nothing really positive to say about today's game. Watching what looked like a prevent defense all day was painful.It's going to be a long week.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rabbrandy. Show rabbrandy's posts

brady isn't back yet but he will get better. just missed on a couple of plays, long season. the patriots will improve on both sides of the ball.

Sections
Shortcuts