18 game season passed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

Re: 18 game season passed

In Response to Re: 18 game season passed:
    [QUOTE]That is just a BS misdirect by owners to bring up the pre season. If they want fans to be happy about pre season games and they are so concerned about us why dont they lower the ticket price for a pre season game? Whats that you say? Because they dont really care at all and the 18 game schedule is just so they can make their wallets bigger. This is so bad for the NFL the only people who benefit from this are the owners...big shocker there.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  Season ticket holders are tired of having to pay full freight on exhibition games.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

screw with the talent pool in the NFL and guys that normally would never make the team will be on the game day roster.

I disagree with that somewhat. Theres guys on the roster that will be cut that I'd like to keep. Having them wouldnt diminish the talent, it might rest some of the starters from time to time. Having 10 more players on the active game day roster doesn't mean they'll play, it means they'll be available if necessary.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: 18 game season passed:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 18 game season passed : What??? The players are 100% IN FAVOR of it as long as they GET PAID for the extra games....
    Posted by ronk1[/QUOTE]

I don't think you'd get 100% support, but the Player's Association will be in favor.  They're a union.  They'll support anything that increases the pot.  They're not worried about the rank and file.  One goes down, there will be another one to replace him.  Expanded rosters, more dues.  More games, more revenue to split. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I can't imagine going to an 18-game schedule without roster expansion.  Rosters are too small now, given how devastating injuries can be on either side of the ball. 

And from my perspective, an 18 game schedule is a very bad idea, regardless of roster expansion.