1st Pepper now Scar....red flags???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: 1st Pepper now Scar....red flags???

In response to TripleOG's comment:

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to agill1970's comment:

Not sure what the story is on Pepper, although he's wanted a chance at a Defensive Coordinator position for years now.  Could be he just got tired of being passed over and waiting, so felt it was time to break ties.  I don't think he liked the way the Spike situation was handled either.  As for Scar, HUGE loss but this isn't out of the blue.  He's gone as far in the sport as he cares to go and now it's time to spend those golden years with his wife. 

Just curious, but how do you know this?

http://nypost.com/2012/02/01/after-12-years-with-patriots-pepper-looks-to-climb-coaching-ranks/

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/giants-linebacker-pepper-johnson-big-blue-defensive-coordinator-sources-article-1.457873

surely someone of your stature can find it in the interwebs no?  You find every other article that fits your agenda......   LOL

Yoda probably knew Peppers wanted a D coordinators job. Dont be naiive buddy

I would have left after that pathetic performance on D also. I hope someone gives him a sho t and he does well. Im rooting for him. BB will probably promote his son to coordinate in 2 years.....what a joke and peppers STILL handled it with class and thanked Peppers for the opportunity. Has BB thanked him yet?

What is left unsaid is that Peps contract expired. Prob a good time for him to move on and the Pats to move Daboll over. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Time to say Night Night Rusty. You may want to run and hide somewhere. THIS is the reason Peppers left with his ego bruised and will hop on with old pal Crennel in hopes that His loyalty will mean to him than it did to Bill. So Coughlin,,,,thinking to himself... in 2010, what can i do to win another ring. its been quite a while (3 years) and I need to get my Defense in shape. He looks to former Giants Backer Pepper Johnson. For SOME reason, Peppers never even interviewed for the job and guess what...A year later Coughlin STILL won another SB at the hands of OUR patriots. Bleeding our D while Peppers stood by hopeless to change the results. Now its even more clear why he left. He could have had another ring with his OLD team but opted to stat Loyal to BB and look where it got him. Being a positional coach while Matty P wasted yet another oppty with a horrible game plan....SMH.... WOW, Wow,  wow 

read and weap buddy

Tom Coughlin is looking for a coordinator who can return the Giants' defense to its former glory. And to do that, he might reach back into the Giants' past.

Pepper Johnson, the former Giants linebacker and current Patriots defensive line coach, is not only a possible candidate, he would also be "very interested" in the job, according to two people familiar with his thinking. He has never been a defensive coordinator, but he has won two Super Bowl rings as a player and three as a Patriots assistant.

He also is a brilliant defensive mind, according to those who know him, and his presence and winning background would certainly get the attention of the Giants' deflated defensive players.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/giants-linebacker-pepper-johnson-big-blue-defensive-coordinator-sources-article-1.457873#ixzz2rG0yxXXc      apparently he didnt get the job due to not having D coordinator experience but that didnt keep Patricia from landing a job.  here is the closing statement from somone close to the situation about Johnson..  

"When you look at what's needed to straighten out the defense, it's a culture that's conducive to accountability and winning," he said. "That's how (Johnson) was brought up as a player. And then if you take the intangibles, I guarantee you guys will work for him."

LOL!

You do realize he's never been approached ONCE to be a coordinator, correct?

If BB passed him over, doesn't that tell you something? It tells me everything.  BB was never blocking Pepper from being a coordinator.  BB doesn't think Pepper was a better candidated to be a coordinator here than the guy who currently holds the position. End of story.

NO ONE EVER OFFERED HIM A JOB, you moron!

Our D lost FOUR STARTERS down the middle this year on defense.  Talib went down on Sunday on an illegal, borderline cheapshot, by the Great Gazoo.  So be it.

It has nothing to do with someone finally maybe offering Pepper a DC job for the 1st time in his life at any level. Nothing to do with it.  You just create these little victim mentality sequences in your brain, and that's what people with passive aggressive disorder do.

I would applaud Pepper for getting his dream job, getting a raise, but stop acting like he is leaving because he feels a lack of support from Bill Belichick.  

You clearly have never worked in a professional atmosphere before and have the worst comprehension skills I've ever seen.

I never said he was offered a job. YOU asked AGCBILL HOW does He know that Peppers wanted to get a D coordinators job so I sourced a few articles. While doing so, I came up with MY theory that he was fed up after not getting the job while watching Matty P come up with a horrendous gameplan. I dont know what happened with coughlin as the article was written as a question but I have to think Peppers being an ex Gaint could have easily called to question about it if he was allowed and Coughlin obviously didnt hire him. Outside of that, I know nothing.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

not red flags. Scar has been around A LONG time. and the NFL seasons take their toll on a guy no ddoubt. they say he gets in at 4 in the morning all the time studying film. he was a work horse. it was time for him to retire.

as for Pepper... been around a whhile, change on scenery is good.

look guys, we lost Weis and Crennel after the SB but BB has continued to bring in good enough coaches to continue this sustained success. I' m not too worried about that at all.

as long as BB is at the helm we will continue to have double digit win seasons and be in the thick of it. just need to get over the hump

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

not red flags. Scar has been around A LONG time. and the NFL seasons take their toll on a guy no ddoubt. they say he gets in at 4 in the morning all the time studying film. he was a work horse. it was time for him to retire.

as for Pepper... been around a whhile, change on scenery is good.

look guys, we lost Weis and Crennel after the SB but BB has continued to bring in good enough coaches to continue this sustained success. I' m not too worried about that at all.

as long as BB is at the helm we will continue to have double digit win seasons and be in the thick of it. just need to get over the hump

The hump is growing too large and we arent getting younger OR better. I guess we have to choose regular season games as our SB like the jets do.....wow... This Stinks!

Our D finally shows promise and then they all promptly get hurt and BB overhauls all of Toms weapons the same year but keeps retreads like Wendell and Connolly  in the starting lineup..

Next year SHOULD be our best chance to win it all in some years but the coaching needs to be better in big games or I fear we will see another early exit. BB needs to save some of that regular season genius for January cuz the coached looked tapped out.

7. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts