1st Rd Bust (2010) - Indy's Jerry Hughes

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: 1st Rd Bust (2010) - Indy's Jerry Hughes

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

got to hand it to you Russ: banned twice today (RWTK2 and RustyGriswold) but here you are with one of ur never ending supply of accounts!got to admire your persistence

your football acumen-eh

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

Traded to Buffalo:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000165264/article/indianapolis-colts-trade-jerry-hughes-to-buffalo-bills

got to hand it to you Russ: banned twice today (RWTK2 and RustyGriswold) but here you are with one of ur never ending supply of accounts!got to admire your persistence

your football acumen-eh

"Hi Rusty"

PS Your draft sucked

A crappy back up QB whose own coach passed on him and lazy DT from Ohio State? Terrible.

gee I thought the first three picks were impresive-addressed needs as did the back of the draft as well-typical solid, quality giants/reese draft and i bet most of them contribute this year and upgrade the weak spots from last year

nassib? bit of a head scratcher but can't hurt

as far either being crappy or lazy that just shows your silliness

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Translation:

The fact you and Gunty follow me around here as a hobby is not only creepy, no one can figure out how either one of you trolls aren't banned.

and yet u have been a dozen times

maybe they are trying to tell you something Russ

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Hey! Maybe Lombardi should trade Mallett for him? Oh wait, Lombardi never traded FOR Mallett, so how can he trade him for Hughes? It's a very funny puzzler:)

Come to think of it no one traded for Mallett this weekend...I guess all these gm's that run NFL teams never went to college....right rust? Hey, you ever get that vitamin D deficiency straightened out?

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Wow if Campbell and weeden were our qbs I'd end up with a + handicap on the links.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

I'm by no means taking anyone's side. However it seems to me that rusty's actual intent to start this thread was really football-related. I know you all don't really agree on many things but unless one poster attacks another on a specific thread why not give the op the courtesy of seeing if his thread can play out and stay on topic with the original post..

Seems fair no?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

In response to HOTBLITZ's comment:

I'm by no means taking anyone's side. However it seems to me that rusty's actual intent to start this thread was really football-related. I know you all don't really agree on many things but unless one poster attacks another on a specific thread why not give the op the courtesy of seeing if his thread can play out and stay on topic with the original post..

Seems fair no?

+1

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I remember alot of posters on this site wanted Hughes in that draft.

Thank god BB isn't that dumb.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

Traded to Buffalo:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000165264/article/indianapolis-colts-trade-jerry-hughes-to-buffalo-bills

translation:

i already got banned twice today so i'm creating a thread to make sure this name isn't banned also, but i have absolutely nothing noteworthy to talk about.

Actually, "Ricky", I am pointing out how if BB botched a 1st rd pick so badly in the deepest draft in 25 years, this board would implode.

Bill Polian made the pick. Now, Bill Polian, and his blotchy, red face and crappy dental work is working for ESPN showcasing how overrated he was as a GM.

Also, please refrain from using my phrases or words ("translation").

Actually, Polian's son made the pick.  Chris Polian was named GM in 2009.  His father, Bill, gave Chris a pretty wide lattitude to manage the team as he desired which caused many internal problems not just from a draft perspective, but also with the coaching staff and players. 

It was the demise of the colts.  That said, Bill Polian has draft warts.  Every GM does.  Those that assume that GM's should hit on 100% of their draft picks live in a fantasy world.  Belichick is not immune.

Happy to help you with the facts.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

Traded to Buffalo:

translation:

i already got banned twice today so i'm creating a thread to make sure this name isn't banned also, but i have absolutely nothing noteworthy to talk about.

Actually, "Ricky", I am pointing out how if BB botched a 1st rd pick so badly in the deepest draft in 25 years, this board would implode.

Bill Polian made the pick. Now, Bill Polian, and his blotchy, red face and crappy dental work is working for ESPN showcasing how overrated he was as a GM.

Actually, Polian's son made the pick.  Chris Polian was named GM in 2009.  His father, Bill, gave Chris a pretty wide lattitude to manage the team as he desired which caused many internal problems not just from a draft perspective, but also with the coaching staff and players. 

It was the demise of the colts.  That said, Bill Polian has draft warts.  Every GM does.  Those that assume that GM's should hit on 100% of their draft picks live in a fantasy world.  Belichick is not immune.

Appreciate the fact that Polian Jr also helped botch another draft for the Colts. 

I think it's the clowns at ESPN that need to stop kissing Bill Polian's rump not necessarily you mentioning every GM has warts.

Mike Greenberg all about drools over Bill Polian's brown teeth every time Polian  opens his mouth. The fact is, Bill Polian was never as great as the media portrayed.

I said it years ago, that the comedy of it all is that BB is a better GM, which he is.

Polian sat behind Jim Kelly, could never build a SB winning team and then he did the same thing with Manning and your Colts, eeking out a SB after sitting on that Competition Committee for a decade.

not to beat the ol dead horse Russ but until BB does it without Brady and the AFC Easy you cannot make the definitive claims you do..everytime

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

Traded to Buffalo:

translation:

Appreciate the fact that Polian Jr also helped botch another draft for the Colts. 

I think it's the clowns at ESPN that need to stop kissing Bill Polian's rump not necessarily you mentioning every GM has warts.

Mike Greenberg all about drools over Bill Polian's brown teeth every time Polian  opens his mouth. The fact is, Bill Polian was never as great as the media portrayed.

I said it years ago, that the comedy of it all is that BB is a better GM, which he is.

Polian sat behind Jim Kelly, could never build a SB winning team and then he did the same thing with Manning and your Colts, eeking out a SB after sitting on that Competition Committee for a decade.

To be fair Russ - Polian is a 6x NFL Executive of the Year.  He didn't get that by being overrated. 

He was director of pro personnel for the drafting of Bruce Smith, Andre Reed and Frank Reich.  He was GM for the drafting Will Wolford, Shane Conlan, Nate Odoms, Thurman Thomas, and many others who played significant roles for the Bills.  Had Scott Norwood not been wide right on his last second fg in the first of their four SB's (nothing Polian could have done anything about) the team's history may have been significantly different. 

Polian took over the Panthers as an expansion franchise and was integral in helping the team get to NFCCG in just its second season.  He drafted Kerry Collins and Mushin Mohammed. 

with the Colts, he drafted Manning when many thought Leaf was better.  He drafted Edgerrin James over Ricky Williams.  Also - Reggie Wayne, Dwight Freeney, Robert Mathis, Dallas Clark, Bob Sanders, Antoine Bethea.  There are alot more I could name that were solid NFL starters and probowlers.  

Say what you will, but where personnel are concerned, I think Polian has a pretty incredible track record.  Further, I find it amusing how you easily you indict others while quickly excusing Belichick for the same things.  Polian's personnel got to 6 superbowls, but he's overrated while Belichick is obviously not.  Believe it or not, the press fawns all over Belichick too.  Let Belichick retire, like Polian, and you'll see a-- kissing that will even cause you to blush Russ.  What you've dreamed of yourself will not approach what the media will do if Belichick lets them. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

One additional note - its true that Hughes has been a bust, but there's no shame to not being able to beat out Dwight Freeney or Robert Mathis.  On the other hand, Laurence Maroney had a wide open spot to take over the running back duties for the pats and failed.  Talk about a poor draft choice.

25. This post has been removed.