1st Rd Bust (2010) - Indy's Jerry Hughes

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: 1st Rd Bust (2010) - Indy's Jerry Hughes

In response to UD6's comment:

This time you'll forgive me - for calling BS - one year or even a few games does not a career make nor a 1st rd draft pick worthy.  An 800 yd season is nothing to write home about and Addai had a better career and was drafted after Maroney.  As for others missed by the maroney pick - Jonathon Joseph, Santonio Holmes, DeAngelo Williams, Nick Mangold, Addai.  I could go on. 

Pro-football-reference lists Maroney as having 0 seasons as the primary starting running back.  none.  His AV is half that of Addai's. 

Finally - and just because you didn't seem to get it the first time - Chris Polian was the GM on that draft. 

Maroney sucks, but Joseph Addai sucks too dude.  Sorry to break it to you.  Just because the Colts kept him doesn't mean he didn't suck.  He had one decent rookie season and thats it.  His career numbers aren't that different than a guy like BJGE who went undrafted.  Yeah he "made" the pro bowl in 2007 despite the fact that there were 8 guys in the AFC alone that rushed for more yards.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

As for Polian since 2003 when he drafted Dallas Clark in the 1st all of his 1st round picks have been bad except for Castonzo in 2011 who the jury is still out on (although he seems pretty good to me).  Belichick has not missed on nearly as many first round picks in the same span (basically Maroney and Meriweather).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

That being said while Polian didn't do himself any favors towards the end of his career in New England and I can't stand the guy for being a whiny little b itch about the Patriots his overall record as a GM speaks for itself.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Here I was...all prepared to mock the pick, and people who opined about the Pats not drafting him.

And what do I get? More pizzing contests.

Translation: GROW THE FK UP! ALL OF US!

Let Rusty start a thread without bringing up history from EVERY OTHER FKING THREAD.

Lets Jints post without attacking his being a fan of the Giants.

EVERYONE stop inferring and puting words into other's mouths.

This thread caught my attention where others simply do not. Unfortunately, by the SECOND G-D POST, it was already derailed.

When you want to do that....JUST DON'T. Have some willpower! If the thread, author, or direction annoy you...DON'T POST! Seriously. Many quality posters have left because of this. More are LEAVING. If what many of you want is an empty hanger to yell at each other from across from...well...congratufkinglations.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts