2 colts CHEERLEADERS shave their...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

2 colts CHEERLEADERS shave their...

Well we all know their coochies are nicely waxed. 

On national TV , They shaved their heads for all to see in dramatic showmanship that they are supporting their coach pagano. 

And even with bald heads they looked quite doable.  Imagine that.

Indy seems to be milking this feel good story to the irritating max... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: 2 colts CHEERLEADERS shave their...

Saw that too, and I dont get it. Why? I can see some of the players doing it, but this was dumb. They are playing this cancer angle to a ridiculous max over here in Clots land. So he has cancer. My dad has cancer too, and still worked some. What makes this guy any more inspirational than the million other people who have cancer and are fighting it? Its a PR thing to draw attention to Luck and the Clots, but they still wont get it done on the field eventually. If the girls wanted to shave their heads fine, then do it in the locker room, and not on the field on national television. An attention grabber, thats all it was. Now everyone will want to know their names and interview them, and I think its more about that than anything else. If I was Pavano, Id think it was silly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Saw that too, and I dont get it. Why? I can see some of the players doing it, but this was dumb. They are playing this cancer angle to a ridiculous max over here in Clots land. So he has cancer. My dad has cancer too, and still worked some. What makes this guy any more inspirational than the million other people who have cancer and are fighting it? Its a PR thing to draw attention to Luck and the Clots, but they still wont get it done on the field eventually. If the girls wanted to shave their heads fine, then do it in the locker room, and not on the field on national television. An attention grabber, thats all it was. Now everyone will want to know their names and interview them, and I think its more about that than anything else. If I was Pavano, Id think it was silly.

[/QUOTE]

They got $250k for cancer research out of it. I don't really care how dumb people might think it is or if people think it was just for headlines and event where that much money can be donated just for cutting hair is a big thumbs up for me.

BTW I've had and still get screened for skin cancer and they can grab all the attention they want just as long as it also brings attention to cancer in general and raises money to fight it. That's what you should be focused on not about the Colts in general

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sorry for your father's diagnosis. However just remember every penny donated helps ALL cancer victims and every donation no matter how it was gotten is never ridiculous.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They got $250k for cancer research out of it. I don't really care how dumb people might think it is or if people think it was just for headlines and event where that much money can be donated just for cutting hair is a big thumbs up for me.

BTW I've had and still get screened for skin cancer and they can grab all the attention they want just as long as it also brings attention to cancer in general and raises money to fight it. That's what you should be focused on not about the Colts in general

[/QUOTE]

I agree,my mother died fairly recently after her fourth bout with cancer,so I've seen first hand how terrible it can be.The hair cutting might seem silly to some,but it is about cancer awareness and raising money to hopefully find a cure some day.

I hope they donated their hair to "Locks of Love" which provides wigs for cancer patients ( if it was long enough).That would make it even more special I cut off and donated my hair to them earlier this year.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree with the money raising part.  But it wasn't a telethon.  I couldn't hear the sound from the telecast so I didn't know.

Still thought it was a goofy publicity stunt.  But appreciated the additional cheerleader footage... They don't show enough of those babes ever.  Come on , CBS...! 

Down on that network since I missed 1st quarter of pats/colts while they switched to meaningless Dallas ot game...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Double post, sorry.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well I cant argue with the donation money, that part I agree with completely. But Colts fans have the idea that there is some destiny at work, and that this cancer issue somehow working in thier favor towards success on the field. In a sense youre saying the same thing I am. My problem with it all is that it puts more attention on Luck/Colts more than it is about cancer. If you lived in Indiana youd know what I mean. If someone wanted to donate that money to cancer research, then donate it. There is no need to make a huge national tv PR issue out of it. Just give the money and let it do its good. All this other stuff is for show.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

dude I think your reading to much into this. I dont think the Colts organization is milking anything. I think the players got together after a heart wrenching speech from the coach and decided to support him. The fact that the cheerleaders also did it speaks volumes about their character. Most woman go into mourning if they get a bad haircut, for these two young beautiful woman to shave there heads to support a coach with cancer is awesome! I am happy the media has jumped all over it! Anything to encourge others worldwide to do whatever it takes to raise money to find a cure for cancer. Cancer is a B!tch!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

dude I think your reading to much into this. I dont think the Colts organization is milking anything. I think the players got together after a heart wrenching speech from the coach and decided to support him. The fact that the cheerleaders also did it speaks volumes about their character. Most woman go into mourning if they get a bad haircut, for these two young beautiful woman to shave there heads to support a coach with cancer is awesome! I am happy the media has jumped all over it! Anything to encourge others worldwide to do whatever it takes to raise money to find a cure for cancer. Cancer is a B!tch!!

[/QUOTE]

Its not the organization its the media and fans. But I agree with you about cancer. My mom is a two X breast cancer survivor, and my dad has CLL. But Pavano's inspirational speech is what Im talking bout here. He said he wants to walk his girls down the aisle, AND hoist that trophy. Hes more than welcomed to walk his girls, I hope whole heartedly that he can, but someone else might have something to say about the trophy. If the Colts beat one of my teams to do that, Im not going to say "well, Im glad he won it, hes battling cancer." So are a lot of other people, it has nothing to do with what happened on the field. I wish him all the best with his fight, but it doesnt lessen my dislike for the Colts. Its kind of like some Pats fans saying last year that they were destined to win because of MHK. As wonderful as that idea is, you still have to get it done on the field--as we all sadly know. As far as cancer goes, my fear is that there are too many people making too much money for a cure to be "found" anytime soon. Cancer is a multi-billion dollar industry. There ARE cures and preventatives for cancer, but they are quietly swept under the rug or taken off the market by he USDA. This is fact, but its also not the time or place to discuss it, because any statement about the actual evil and greed associated with this disease that is going on out there would shock most people, and most would not believe it anyway. There are people making themselves billionaires on the suffering of other human beings, thats about as evil as it gets. Thats sort of why I see the fundraising as less than helpful. What would be more helpful is honesty and decency from the people out there that hold this information and are keeping it from the world to make money. But like I said, its a discussion for anohter time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well I cant argue with the donation money, that part I agree with completely. But Colts fans have the idea that there is some destiny at work, and that this cancer issue somehow working in thier favor towards success on the field. In a sense youre saying the same thing I am. My problem with it all is that it puts more attention on Luck/Colts more than it is about cancer. If you lived in Indiana youd know what I mean. If someone wanted to donate that money to cancer research, then donate it. There is no need to make a huge national tv PR issue out of it. Just give the money and let it do its good. All this other stuff is for show.

[/QUOTE]

Any publicity on the subject is better then no publicity. Even if it was to put a focus on the Colts/Luck (which I don't think it was) at bare minimum it brought it up as a topic of conversation (see this thread).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree with this post all day long!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

did they say whether their hair went to a wig maker to make wigs for cancer patients? That certainly would have been a more worthwhile effort as many undergoing chemotherapy and/or radiation therapy lose their hair during treatment.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

It was for a great cause and they still look HOT doing it! Good for them! :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

did they say whether their hair went to a wig maker to make wigs for cancer patients? That certainly would have been a more worthwhile effort as many undergoing chemotherapy and/or radiation therapy lose their hair during treatment.

[/QUOTE]

well since the raised 1/4 of a million I think that's the more worthwhile cause, but I hope in addition the hair went to make wigs. Given the cause and the reason why they cut their hair there is no doubt in my mind that the hair also got sent away for wigs too

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well we all know their coochies are nicely waxed. 

On national TV , They shaved their heads for all to see in dramatic showmanship that they are supporting their coach pagano. 

And even with bald heads they looked quite doable.  Imagine that.

Indy seems to be milking this feel good story to the irritating max... 

[/QUOTE]
    Yeah - because raising $20k for leukemia research is so irritating. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree with the money raising part.  But it wasn't a telethon.  I couldn't hear the sound from the telecast so I didn't know.

Still thought it was a goofy publicity stunt.  But appreciated the additional cheerleader footage... They don't show enough of those babes ever.  Come on , CBS...! 

Down on that network since I missed 1st quarter of pats/colts while they switched to meaningless Dallas ot game...

[/QUOTE]
    Dude - Are you really that stupid?  is it common for you to make assumptions about things with half the information?  You had no idea they were raising money?  You must feel like an idiot now (aka normal). 

Also, where did you get the notion that a Telethon was required to donate money?  Coolade's got a new nickname "Alligator Arms". 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Its not the organization its the media and fans. But I agree with you about cancer. My mom is a two X breast cancer survivor, and my dad has CLL. But Pavano's inspirational speech is what Im talking bout here. He said he wants to walk his girls down the aisle, AND hoist that trophy. Hes more than welcomed to walk his girls, I hope whole heartedly that he can, but someone else might have something to say about the trophy. If the Colts beat one of my teams to do that, Im not going to say "well, Im glad he won it, hes battling cancer." So are a lot of other people, it has nothing to do with what happened on the field. I wish him all the best with his fight, but it doesnt lessen my dislike for the Colts. Its kind of like some Pats fans saying last year that they were destined to win because of MHK. As wonderful as that idea is, you still have to get it done on the field--as we all sadly know. As far as cancer goes, my fear is that there are too many people making too much money for a cure to be "found" anytime soon. Cancer is a multi-billion dollar industry. There ARE cures and preventatives for cancer, but they are quietly swept under the rug or taken off the market by he USDA. This is fact, but its also not the time or place to discuss it, because any statement about the actual evil and greed associated with this disease that is going on out there would shock most people, and most would not believe it anyway. There are people making themselves billionaires on the suffering of other human beings, thats about as evil as it gets. Thats sort of why I see the fundraising as less than helpful. What would be more helpful is honesty and decency from the people out there that hold this information and are keeping it from the world to make money. But like I said, its a discussion for anohter time.

[/QUOTE]

What a jerk.  You've got two parents who are or have endured the hell that cancer brings and you've got a problem with the hopes of someone battling it?  I don't think that beating cancer has anything to do with Pagano's (with a G) desire to win a championship nor with walking his daughter's down the aisle.  I am sure they were both desires of his well before cancer, but I imagine they've been intensified by his condition.  Nothing wrong with that. 

So your mother has beaten cancer twice, but you are pissed that someone may have made money in the process.  Thank God for incentives such as wealth that cause people to be curious and innovative enough to actually develop treatments for such things. 

30 years ago, your mom might not have made it. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to anonymis's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The outfit is known as Locks for Love, and they did show off their long ponytails.  I am willing to bet they were donated. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Dude - Are you really that stupid?  is it common for you to make assumptions about things with half the information?  You had no idea they were raising money?  You must feel like an idiot now (aka normal). 

Also, where did you get the notion that a Telethon was required to donate money?  Coolade's got a new nickname "Alligator Arms". 

[/QUOTE]

If it was a true fund-raiser they would have had a number on the screen.   without that, it looked to me that they were just doing the same thing as luck and other colts players.

By the way lucks hair looked like it was growing back...time for another shave.  Maybe a cheerleader could do it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Here's what I suggest for you.  Rather than making rash judgements based upon your preconceived biases, before spouting off and looking dumb, find out a little more about it. 

I imagine that the players shaved their head as an act of support for their coach. 

The cheerleaders on the other hand, were presented with a challenge.  If the team mascot could raise 10k would the cheerleaders shave their heads?  One accepted the challenge.  When more than 20k was raised another cheerleader agreed to join in.  It really was that simple, and doesn't deserve the slightest negative press. 

I remember last year when Kraft's wife died, and there were similar rallying cries related to her death because she was such a charitable individual.  I am sure that the pats raised money for her charities as a result of that.  There's nothing wrong with it. 

In the absence of private giving, we leave it to the government to solve all of our problems.  I am not for that.