2 FA's that BB should bring in next year!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

2 FA's that BB should bring in next year!!!!

Mario Williams - Top Tier Pass-rushing FA money.
    6-6 Weight: 283 Age: 26.

-Dude is in his prime.
    -Showed he can play in 3-4, and very well at that as an OLB.
    -Dominant DE who generates great pressure in 4-3.
    -Pending physical throw damn kitchen sink.

Cortland Finnegan- Probably will command top 4-5 CB money in Free agency, rated as a top 10 corner over the last few years.

Height: 5-10   Weight: 188   Age: 27

-Solid cover corner.
    -Great in run support.
    -Plays like a safety
    -Also in his prime.

I think I am right with these players, as for whatever reason my text has become bold and I did not chose to do so. 

Clearly this is a sign.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from weloveme2. Show weloveme2's posts

Re: 2 FA's that BB should bring in next year!!!!

we still have to pay wes too

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I'd be happy with either, but Williams is the guy I want to see most. I think a DT should be the first pick in the draft.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

A DT in the draft and Williams in free agency sure would solve the pass-rush issues

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'd like both but I doubt Williams will be available.

Finnegan - I don't think will cost more then Boddens deal. Maybe slightly more but around the same amount so I'd happily give him that contract to bring some stability to the secondary.

Williams - For Hou they have Foster as a RFA so they don't need to use the tag on him and other then that they have no one to use the tag on so I fully expect them to tag Williams unfortunately.

Instead of Williams though I'd look at Roth. I thought we should have signed him this past off-season (imagine if we had Roth instead of Anderson) and BB tried to sign him so he does like him. This would be a good year to grab him if the Cunningham experiment is over. Still don't think he would cost a ton. Around 3-4mil a year should do it for 3 years

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In Response to Re: 2 FA's that BB should bring in next year!!!!:
    [QUOTE]I'd like both but I doubt Williams will be available. Finnegan - I don't think will cost more then Boddens deal. Maybe slightly more but around the same amount so I'd happily give him that contract to bring some stability to the secondary. Williams - For Hou they have Foster as a RFA so they don't need to use the tag on him and other then that they have no one to use the tag on so I fully expect them to tag Williams unfortunately. Instead of Williams though I'd look at Roth. I thought we should have signed him this past off-season (imagine if we had Roth instead of Anderson) and BB tried to sign him so he does like him. This would be a good year to grab him if the Cunningham experiment is over. Still don't think he would cost a ton. Around 3-4mil a year should do it for 3 years
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

You are probably right on Willaims. He is part of their core, and I highly doubt they let him walk. They will franchise him if they can't agree on long term deal.

I like your thought on Roth. I wanted to see him this year, but for whatever reason it didn't work out.

I would target Roth in FA to play DE/OLB, and one of Finnegan or RMathis from Jacksonville to play CB. We add a guy like Jerel Worthy via the draft at the end of round 1, and we have solidified the line plus the CB group. Unfortunately, we'll need 2 more positions via the draft as well.

Safety to play opposite Chung (TJ McDonald, Lester, Barron via the draft)
    LB to play with Mayo & Spikes (Manti Te'O, Luke Kuehly, Zach Brown via the draft)

If we get those 2 of those 3 FA's above + 1 of those guys I listed above at Safety and LB, this D will not only be more aggressive, but have speed in the right areas as well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I like M.Williams but dont know if he is going anywhere. I would def. take B.Cushing from them. This dude plays with reckles abandon and woud inject some attitude into our defense , I think only Spikes is doing that now

I personally would prefer Brian Orakpo. Dont know if much people know about him but he is one of the best OLB's in football, also in his prime and is an elite pass rusher, stops the run and is a leader. Derrick Johnson in K.C. would be m cheaper 2nd option and he isnt as explosive as Brian but is more versatile.

I know Bill better do something this offseason or it could be a surprise for all of us. I think Kraft is scared to step in and tell Bill he needs help for fear of what happened w/Parcells, but he has got to be thinking about it.

Anyone else remember how mad Kraft was after spygate?  How about the B.B. special and everytime Bill and Bob were together there was an akward silence? I honestly dont think the relationship is as strong as is once was and this years debacles aint helping. Didnt kraft resign Bill right before spygate broke?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

Our D Always seems to need an upgrade & we are all looking for the year it happens. I hope next year it happens, either a FA pass rusher, trade for an impact
    defensive player or shock all of us & trade up into the 10-15 range & draft a impact
    player on D.

I know that I am not the only one who is sick of seeing a good QB liting us up every
    week because he has all day to throw & our corners are average at best.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Finnigan is a bum. He is the sort of player that the Bengals might have coveted in the past. I want NO part of him and I hope the Pats agree.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Can't see Houston letting Williams get too far. Its a nice thought though

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I see no way Williams makes it to free agency, he'll be franchised.

I do like the Finnegan idea and have been pumping his tires over on the draft thread.  I like his attitude and approach to the game, he won't back down from anybody and plays the game with an edge, I like that.  Off the field, I see he was arrested for a DUI during his rookie year (2006), but nothing else, if you can anyone can find something, let me know.

Below is my early list of FA's (outside of there own) that may intererest them.

Players that interest me the most are (in no particular order):

Jarrett Johnson
    Jonathan Goff
    Charles Godfrey
    Jim Leonhard
    Tracy Porter
    Michael Griffin
    LaRon Landry (Likely to be franchised as well, IMO)
    Robert Mathis
    Adam Carriker
    Brandon Lloyd
    Mario Manningham

Defense:

Jarrett Johnson 6-3 260 LB- Baltimore 
    Anthonly Spencer 6-3 260 LB- Dallas
    Jonathan Goff 6-2 242 LB- NYG
    Bryan Thomas 6-4 265 LB- NYJ
    Charles Godfrey 5-11 205 S- Carolina (former Iowa kid)
    Reggie Nelson 5-11 205 S- Cincy
    Tracy Porter- 5-11 196 CB- N.O.
    Aaron Ross- 6-0 190 CB- NYG
    Reggie Smith- 6-1 200 S- SF
    Jim Leonhard- 5-8 190 S- NYJ
    Michael Griffin- 6-0 205 S- Tenn
    Corltand Finnegan- 5-10 188 CB- Tenn (bring some attitude to this D)
    LaRon Landry- 6-0 220 S- Wash
    Thomas DeCoud- 6-2 195 S- Atlanta
    Robert Mathis - 6-2 245 DE/OLB- Indy (Would signal a shift to more 43)
    Kroy Biermann- 6-3 255 DE/OLB- Atlanta
    Adam Carriker- 6-6 315 DT- Wash
    Ahtyba Rubin- 6-2 330 DT- Cleveland
    Pat Sims- 6-2 330 DT- Cincy

Offense:

Mario Manningham- 6-0 185 WR- NYG
    Brandon Lloyd- 6-0 188 WR- StL
    Eddie Royal- 5-10 185 WR- Den
    Jacob Hester- 5-11 235 RB- SD

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I think we def. need a safety and cant afford to wait on whoever we draft to develop in 2 years and be cut. We need a proven commodity at that spot.

If we somehow got Laron Landry, I would probably pass right out. This dude would instantly make our secondary better. He is a heat seeking missle that hits legally and and strikes fear into opponents. He came right in and started day 1 and has never looked back. His stats and all are misleading as diff. coordinators have come in and used him wrong in the back end like they did with Sean Taylor, but B.B. would turn Landry into Harrison part II

Godfrey would be my 2nd tier futue safety as he is also young with upside but not on Landrys level but would be a good fit. similar to the Goldson kid we tried to get.

Michael Griffin I like and I hear you MB about Courtland, but he is just a punk. I was happy when Andre Johnson 2 pieced him last year.  He is physical and gives Wr's fits, but he isnt as great in coverage as he was a few years ago.  He also pissed me off that game in which Rodney got hurt by Bobby Wade and acted like a lil Beyotch.  Thats just me being personal...who knows if Bill likes him

aaron ross I like and Decoud could be a cheap answer too at saftey

Def. need to do better than the scrap heap we have this year. lets hope we can land someone nice

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I agree Jay, I like your assessment.

If we could only go FA and of course we don't have the blank checks there are a number of guys I'd look at.

Knowing we aren't going top 3 position players I'm looking strictly at second tier guys.

Godfrey and Goldson are my choices are S targets this year. Both aren't going to cost you top dollar but both can play next to Chung and help secure that zone

Finnegan is my choice at CB. I think a Bodden type of deal gets it done and he's a tough noise defender that will smack a WR at the line but is good enough to recover. Good coverage CB and would play nicely opposite McCourty or Ras

One guy I don't see on your list I'd like to bring in is Roth. We almost had him last year and if he was across from Carter this year I think he'd be very productive. I'd bring him back in for a look. I'm think Roth would take 12-15mil over 3-4 years if half were guaranteed.

CB and S seems like a strong FA class but OLB/DE seem a bit weak

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Well, first you have to pay Leigh Bodden's, Ty Warren, Kaczur, Butler & TBC 10 mil not to play for you.  Three mil for Ocho. Then, you have to resign Wes Welker... 9-10 mil, Resign BJGE?  Nope, see ya.  Two first round picks?  No big deal.  I think Brady & Wilfork are going to need to restructure if you want to sign any FAs.
    Posted by JetMangione[/QUOTE]

lol this isn't the Jets.

Warren's bonuses were just about finished when they cut him, Kaczur has no money against the cap next year, Ocho isn't guaranteed money, TBC's bonus against the cap is minimal, and Bodden's bonus was pretty much front loaded so that's minimal cap hit.

They are actually very far under the cap next year and the dead money is small (but I guess they could ask to get it all forgiven like the Jets did). Then count the money coming of the books and the Pats are perfectly fine for cap space. The Jets on the other hand after pushing back everyone's contract into next year have a lot of guaranteed bonuses on the books.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Well, first you have to pay Leigh Bodden's, Ty Warren, Kaczur, Butler & TBC 10 mil not to play for you.  Three mil for Ocho. Then, you have to resign Wes Welker... 9-10 mil, Resign BJGE?  Nope, see ya.  Two first round picks?  No big deal.  I think Brady & Wilfork are going to need to restructure if you want to sign any FAs.
    Posted by JetMangione[/QUOTE]

What a fool

no clue about our cap #'s

Pats have tons of money this offseason

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

I know Bill better do something this offseason or it could be a surprise for all of us. I think Kraft is scared to step in and tell Bill he needs help for fear of what happened w/Parcells, but he has got to be thinking about it.

i have similar hopes jay
    not only that hes thinking about it, but that he makes a play. 
    dont trust bb buying the groceries

Sections
Shortcuts