20 Points

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

Re: 20 Points

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seems to me we still have some rubes in here who think this is enough to win games in this league.

I can't think of any season in the Goodell era, where 20 points was regularly a winning point total for an NFL team.

Brady sure made some fantasy owners happy today, though, didn't he?  Fantasy owners happy, diehard fans? Not so much.

NEWSFLASH: We ain't winning postseason games with just 20 points. It has to be more than that.

[/QUOTE]

20 points would have won the game had the holding call been made on the 4th and 5 making it 4th and 15. Saw a play just tonight that Dez Bryant got called for holding on a play that wasn't even as bad.

And if they lose the last 2 games, do they make the playoffs?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well it was pretty obvious they missed Gronk today (I can't remember, but some moron started a thread about how we could overcome his loss), far from happening today. Brady may of played his best game of the season today against a pretty good D. Hey does that make Ireland the best GM ever! Olivier Vernon, Wake, Jordan...god if Belichick had brought those guys in you'd call him the best GM of all time...wait, you already do. To think...a third round pick with 11 sacks in his second season...Jeff must be brilliant. Lol!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

Seems to me we still have some rubes in here who think this is enough to win games in this league.

I can't think of any season in the Goodell era, where 20 points was regularly a winning point total for an NFL team.

Brady sure made some fantasy owners happy today, though, didn't he?  Fantasy owners happy, diehard fans? Not so much.

NEWSFLASH: We ain't winning postseason games with just 20 points. It has to be more than that.

[/QUOTE]

ur D hasn't made a key stop in years...be lucky u have Brady or Pats would win 9 games a year

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Looks like this moron doesn't quite grasp the idea of point differential.  Miami gave up about their point avarage today.  Prior to the last drive, Brady had a 100+ rating against a very good defense.  The Dolphins are the 20th ranked offense in points, the Pats D gave up more points to that offense than their average.  Tannehill had a rating of 120.  Three TDs and ZERO picks.  Where were all those "forced turnovers" you were bragging about?  Yep, blame Brady for Tannehill's career day.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

True, Rusty.  But come on.  Our defense has to be able to stop teams on 3rd and 17 if they don't want to be considered a joke.  Seriously, how many of those have we given up this year? We don't deserve to win if we can't make those stops.  I know the offense has a lot of work to do too.  I'm not saying they are anywhere where they need to be.  Pathetic effort today.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Yeah! Brady sux!

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Rusty, did you watch the game yet?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

True, Rusty.  But come on.  Our defense has to be able to stop teams on 3rd and 17 if they don't want to be considered a joke.  Seriously, how many of those have we given up this year? We don't deserve to win if we can't make those stops.  I know the offense has a lot of work to do too.  I'm not saying they are anywhere where they need to be.  Pathetic effort today.

[/QUOTE]

"Effort"? Your now questioning the character of this team? Wow.

Fact is, 20 points is the marker I always reference here.  Ds give up 3rd and 15s all Sunday long around this league. Happens all the time.

That's one play.

I am talking about how people think our D should focibly be held to a standard of 19 points allowed our less when our offense only score 20.  It's lunacy.

Look at the scoreboards today in the NFL or any day, really. Teams don't win with only 20 points on the board.

Teams don't win by making excuses for their GOAT QB either.   He has to audible better or less.

I refuse to hold a decimated Ds feet to the fire when all the offense had to do was not go 1/4 in the red zone.

[/QUOTE]

So next time Brady should throw the ball in his own hands in the EZ or kick the field goals? Boyce should have caught the ball but he doesn't seem to catch when there is a defender in close coverage. Maybe it is a rookie concentration thing?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Fact is, 20 points is the marker I always reference here.  Ds give up 3rd and 15s all Sunday long around this league. Happens all the time.

That's one play.

I am talking about how people think our D should focibly be held to a standard of 19 points allowed our less when our offense only score 20.  It's lunacy.

Look at the scoreboards today in the NFL or any day, really. Teams don't win with only 20 points on the board.

Teams don't win by making excuses for their GOAT QB either.   He has to audible better or less.

I refuse to hold a decimated Ds feet to the fire when all the offense had to do was not go 1/4 in the red zone.

[/QUOTE]

Rebuild on the fly six years and counting

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Looks like this moron doesn't quite grasp the idea of point differential.  Miami gave up about their point avarage today.  Prior to the last drive, Brady had a 100+ rating against a very good defense.  The Dolphins are the 20th ranked offense in points, the Pats D gave up more points to that offense than their average.  Tannehill had a rating of 120.  Three TDs and ZERO picks.  Where were all those "forced turnovers" you were bragging about?  Yep, blame Brady for Tannehill's career day.

[/QUOTE]

Some "career" day. Everyone somehow has a career day but those same QBs struggle to get to 17 points against our Ds all day long unless we turn it over on offense or literally don't both the ball an entire qtr with 2 minute drives.

How convenient.

Miami's D is not that good either.  Patterson was a big loss for them out from last week.

Their Safety, Jones, I don't think practiced my all week, but we end up 1/4 in the red zone, giving away field position, momentum.

Same old story for our underachieving offense, Bustchise.

Your Jets D is far worse.  Far worse and healthy, too. lmao

[/QUOTE]

Are you blaming offenensive turnovers for the defense allowing Tannehill to have a career day?  Oh my, what an idiot.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

I know you are frustrated with your inability to understand the complexities of the NFL.

Rather than trying to explain it all to you here and have you miss the salient points, thereby leading to further frustration, may I suggest you take baby steps and start with a primer, such as

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Understanding Football Like A Pro - Joe Theismann

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Idiots-Guide-Understanding-Football/dp/0028617436

Maybe you could have a friend buy it as a gift for you for the Holidays.   Or "surprise" yourself and buy it for yourself.

Glad to Help!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to csylvia79's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's one play.

[/QUOTE]

So next time Brady should throw the ball in his own hands in the EZ or kick the field goals? Boyce should have caught the ball but he doesn't seem to catch when there is a defender in close coverage. Maybe it is a rookie concentration thing?

[/QUOTE]

So now we're blaming Boyce for that 3rd qtr?

[/QUOTE]

So are you saying BB benched him for no reason or that his key drops were not a bad thing?  No placing all the blame on him but Collie made the most of the chances he got.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah! Brady sux!

[/QUOTE]

Bad game management today as I watch this 3rd and 4th qtr. The 3rd qtr was an abomination.

[/QUOTE]

Bad coaching. Worse defense. No more mental melt downs Popeye.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

ive been a backer of the defense when others have bashed them, but no matter how you slice it, they didn't do enough to win the game today. They had a chance on a 4th and 5 near midfield to end the game and they couldn't stop a simple screen. Hightower was awful again too today. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts