2001 DEFENSE was only ranked 24th, so y can't we replicate that and WIN?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Re: 2001 DEFENSE was only ranked 24th, so y can't we replicate that and WIN?

because this defense is not clutch.  It has been proven in the playoffs the last 5 years. 

What did they do against Flacco last year,  got destroyed in 2nd half?
    What about the previous year,  when they got destroyed by Flacco too, and escaped with a miracolous win.  Should I remind you about the Super Bowl?  When they could not make a play when the team desperately needed one.   Or against the Jets in 2010 playoffs, when Sanchez played like Peyton Manning?

I would say the offense deserve majority of blame for playoff failure, but the defense did not step up in big moments.  They will not step up this year, not  with these CBs and safeties.    Compare our defense to 49ers , Seahawks, and its not even close.

If it's going to be an interview, I'm going to conduct it. So, I'll answer my own questions, ask myself the questions and then give you all the answers.

-- Randy Moss

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

NUMBERS so often lie and can b so overrated.. how does one rank clutch in the moment and situation?

that pretty much says it...plus it's a more open, offensive pass first league than 12 years ago so that D may or may not have been suited for today's game

jets D last year was actually ranked fairly hig overall but having seen them play often I can tell you when they needed a big stop, a goal line stand or a crucial late game stop they rarely if ever got it

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to Spetznaz24's comment:

because this defense is not clutch.  It has been proven in the playoffs the last 5 years. 

What about the previous year,  when they got destroyed by Flacco too, and escaped with a miracolous win.  Should I remind you about the Super Bowl?  When they could not make a play when the team desperately needed one.   Or against the Jets in 2010 playoffs, when Sanchez played like Peyton Manning?

I would say the offense deserve majority of blame for playoff failure, but the defense did not step up in big moments.  They will not step up this year, not  with these CBs and safeties.    Compare our defense to 49ers , Seahawks, and its not even close.

If it's going to be an interview, I'm going to conduct it. So, I'll answer my own questions, ask myself the questions and then give you all the answers.

-- Randy Moss

If you think the defense in SB36 and SB38 were clutch, you have a bad recollection of it.

SB36...

The D practically handed the game to STL in the fourth. The fourth quarter started with NWE leading 17-3, and the D let STL score two TDs to tie the game. You should be thanking the O for being clutch - not the D.

SB 38...

A Smith ran for a TD at 14:53 in the fourth, giving NWE a 21-10 lead. By the last 7 mins, the D had let CAR take the lead, 22-21.

Thank the O for clutch performance #1: They scored a TD with 4 mins remaining + a two-pt conversion courtesy of K Faulk to make the score 29-22 Pats.

You'd think Pats would have been out of the woods by then. But then the D managed to give up another TD to CAR. Game tied at 29-29 with 1:43 remaining.

Again, you should thank the O for gettingbeing clutch enough to get the ball to FG range.

The notion of clutch Ds winning all those SB games for NWE is myth. They were far from clutch.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

In response to Spetznaz24's comment:

-- Randy Moss

If you think the defense in SB36 and SB38 were clutch, you have a bad recollection of it.

SB36...

The D practically handed the game to STL in the fourth. The fourth quarter started with NWE leading 17-3, and the D let STL score two TDs to tie the game. You should be thanking the O for being clutch - not the D.

SB 38...

A Smith ran for a TD at 14:53 in the fourth, giving NWE a 21-10 lead. By the last 7 mins, the D had let CAR take the lead, 22-21.

Thank the O for clutch performance #1: They scored a TD with 4 mins remaining + a two-pt conversion courtesy of K Faulk to make the score 29-22 Pats.

You'd think Pats would have been out of the woods by then. But then the D managed to give up another TD to CAR. Game tied at 29-29 with 1:43 remaining.

Again, you should thank the O for gettingbeing clutch enough to get the ball to FG range.

The notion of clutch Ds winning all those SB games for NWE is myth. They were far from clutch.

+1

Sections
Shortcuts