2001 Patriots - America's Game NFLN

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: 2001 Patriots - America's Game NFLN

Good times.  There really is something to be said about that first title.  Same thing with the Sox in 04 (for whom it might as well been the first).  Sure the subsequent ones have been great, but that first one really is special.  What a great season.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sw4288. Show sw4288's posts

My favorite part about those America's Game features are the sound bites you get to here. Like in the tunnel in Pittsburgh in 01 Brady screaming something or Charlie tearing into the offense in the Miami game in 03. Just awesome stuff. I've watched them like 100 times haha.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Amazing year, Dr Z power rankings had them ranked last in first or 2nd week of season.

So much for power rankings

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

Amazing year, Dr Z power rankings had them ranked last in first or 2nd week of season.

So much for power rankings

At that point, they deserved it.  A lot of it has to do with BB's belief in Brady and how Brady led the team after that.  It was just a trickle down effect. I remember they played in Carolina late in December that year and after that game, especially on the heels of the goal line stand game in Indy on 11.30, it just seemed like they had something.

To this day, I have no idea why the Raiders or the Steelers looked past them all entitled in the playoffs. That's what each of those teams did and then the Rams did it in the SB, too.

I rememeber thinking I knew they could win it, but a lot had to go right. Clearly, it did. The Rams laid an egg in the first half, which lost a lot of clock which caught up to them in th second half.

Painful to admit that is what has happened to our own offense in recent postseasons.

This year Ravens team is the latest example, that getting emotionally pumped for a game and not taking your opponents lightly  is the biggest factor in winning...even in the NFL.

Not sure teams so much look past other teams but when they get much more that they envisioned or expected it can throw them off.

I think our own offense has trouble balancing the methodical approach with the emotional approach in recent years. Being more reliant on timing, scheming and small margins will do that. Moving again more towards a power game will help.

the link:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/news/2001/09/25/power_rankings/

Bledsoe had just signed a $103 million dollar contract before the season, and was out in week 2. That was a rag-tag bunch that year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I mighthave to throw in my 3 games to glory DVD in case I miss it. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Bledsoe to Glenn was a borderline elite combo. Hard to believe the Patriots won the super bowl without them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

Bledsoe to Glenn was a borderline elite combo. Hard to believe the Patriots won the super bowl without them.

I still remember how mad Boston fans were when BB kept Glenn in the dog house as long as he did. Everyone thought TB needed the ONLY talented receiver on the team. BB stuck to his guns.