1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

I've been beatin this horse for a while:

In 2003 the Pats were coming off a playoff-less season in which Brett Favre screwed the Pats by losing to the Jests.

In 2008, the Pats missed the playoffs because Brett Favre screwed them by losing FOR the Jets.

In 2003, the Pats released Milloy.

In 2009, the Pats traded Seymour.

In 2003, the Pats started 2-2 with Brady having a bad game against a D led by Champ Bailey (Wash).

In 2009, Brady started 3-2 with Brady having a bad game against a D led by Champ Bailey (Denv.).

In 2003, Brady had a good game at home against the Titans. He didn't lose another game until 2004.

In 2009, Brady had a good game at home against the Titans. He didn't lose another game until ????????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

Re: 2003

So I guess 2009 will have to end with the Patriots defeating the Vikings and humiliating Brett Favre in the SuperBowl.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Which one had the secretary named Lincoln?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I like it!!!!

Go Pats!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to 2003:
    [QUOTE]I've been beatin this horse for a while: In 2003 the Pats were coming off a playoff-less season in which Brett Favre screwed the Pats by losing to the Jests. In 2008, the Pats missed the playoffs because Brett Favre screwed them by losing FOR the Jets. In 2003, the Pats released Milloy. In 2009, the Pats traded Seymour. In 2003, the Pats started 2-2 with Brady having a bad game against a D led by Champ Bailey (Wash). In 2009, Brady started 3-2 with Brady having a bad game against a D led by Champ Bailey (Denv.). In 2003, Brady had a good game at home against the Titans. He didn't lose another game until 2004. In 2009, Brady had a good game at home against the Titans. He didn't lose another game until ????????
    Posted by Caesar1177[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping so, but the NFL is working in strange ways this season.

I never thought I'd get to see a team with -7 passing yards that wasn't on a Madden video game.  I also never thought a QB (Derek Anderson) who only completed 2 passes for a 45.something QB rating WOULDN'T have the worst QB rating of the year (Kerry Collins, 4 and change...).

We'll see.  Starts by winning another game against another team that they should beat (Tampa Bay) on a rather shoddy field in England.  It would be another good opportunity for the team to keep building and improving and it might also be good experience from which players can gain confidence.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

There are even more things to get excited about.   in 2003 the Pats had a lot of important FA signings.  Ted Washington, Rodney and Colvin.  And the draft after Bill had extra time to scout since he wasn't preparing for the playoffs.  Ty Warren, Eugene Wilson, Dan Klecko, Asante Samuel, Dan Koppen and TBC.

pretty solid year, and not to mention they went on to win the next 2 super bowls

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

As long as they destroy little Josh on their way. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

ha ha...  good stuff guys.

Yesterday's game was awesome and gave us a little flash back of 2007.  I almost got duped out here in Iraq.   We were getting the CBS feed and after they took Brady out of the game the network cut away to the Jets game (which was already on another channel out here!!)  So I had the Jets on 2 channels and no Pats!!  But for whatever reason, after 5m they cut back to the Pats??? 

Still a lot of football to go but yesterday's win really gives us some confidence.  Brady made some great, great passes in the wind & snow. 

Whatever they did in practice needs to happen again!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

In Response to Re: 2003:
    [QUOTE]ha ha...  good stuff guys. Yesterday's game was awesome and gave us a little flash back of 2007.  I almost got duped out here in Iraq.   We were getting the CBS feed and after they took Brady out of the game the network cut away to the Jets game (which was already on another channel out here!!)  So I had the Jets on 2 channels and no Pats!!  But for whatever reason, after 5m they cut back to the Pats???  Still a lot of football to go but yesterday's win really gives us some confidence.  Brady made some great, great passes in the wind & snow.  Whatever they did in practice needs to happen again!
    Posted by IraqSteve[/QUOTE]

Nice to hear from you guys over there. We're all big time appreciative of what you guys are doing!!! Too bad on the feed, at least you saw the 2nd qtr, a new NFL record 5 TD passes. 
    No doubt, a long season left to play but they're moving in the right direction the same time some others are moving backward. Tell the LA swamp rat boys great game and we'll see them in the SB!

Be Safe and get home soon!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

How many times in football we see it's not how your playing at the start of the season but how you are playing at the end of the season. If this team gets it's offense back to form and the way their defense is holding teams to about 14 pts a game. It could be very close to 2003 as far as putting on a long winning streak. Figure don't care how the season goes as long as the Pats are holding up the Lombardi Trophy at the end of the season it's all good!

Sections
Shortcuts