2006-2012: Over that span, no team drafted more combined Pro Bowl and All-Pro players than the Patriots

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: 2006-2012: Over that span, no team drafted more combined Pro Bowl and All-Pro players than the Patriots

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

Cowboys fans have been dealing with Jerry Jones now for 15 years.

Some of our fans should pretend what it's like to be a fan of a team like that before saying something incredibly stupid here.

Take your own advice bonehead. Those fans have been dealing with Romo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: 2006-2012: Over that span, no team drafted more combined Pro Bowl and All-Pro players than the Patriots

With regards to BJGE, if we did ride HIM and not Woodhead in the last 3 or 4 drives in the second half, we win the SB.

Is this another of the "facts" you like to dazzle us with meathead?

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Some of our fans should pretend what it's like to be a fan of a team like that before saying something incredibly stupid here.

Currently, Brady looks like Romo in his last 3 AFC title games and last 2 SBs.

8 TDs and 9 INTs in 3 AFC title games at home is horrendous. Cutler, Romo, you name it. It's terrible.

I see. So you would just as soon have Romo as Brady. Got it. Maybe you should call BB and see if he can work out a trade einstein.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Utterly horrendous and mindnumbingly stupid QB play from him. Not debatable.

It's called an interception numbnuts. They happen. As a matter of fact as I showed you in another thread they happen less often to Brady than they did to Montana in the playoffs. But you ran away with your tail between your legs on that one. LMAO@U

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

With regards to BJGE, if we did ride HIM and not Woodhead in the last 3 or 4 drives in the second half, we win the SB.

Is this another of the "facts" you like to dazzle us with meathead?

I didn't say it was a fact.

Thanks for clearing that up goofy. Because that looked every bit like the things you are always claiming as fact.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

8 TDs and 9 INTs in 3 AFC title games at home is horrendous. Cutler, Romo, you name it. It's terrible.

I don't care how you look at those numbers and what you think about the Defense but those aren't good any way you look at 'em. 

Most football fans in general would probably never believe that they belong to Brady but unfortunately we know better.

I hope this trend does not continue.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I don't think the formation is a mistake, I think it gets overused as the game unfolds and it happens before they establish a run vs the good/great defenses, which is why these games AWLAYS occur in the postseason. That's where the better Ds are, obviously. It doesn't matter against a crap D or an average D. Been saying this for 3 years.

I think the offense would benefit from being more diverse.  But I see the issue more as a talent one than a play calling one.  They did integrate the run more last season with improved backs.  Yet they still struggled against San Fran and Balt.  Why?  I think they lack enough good receiving weapons, especially with Gronk out.  I guess I agree with you that Welker and even Woodhead had too big a role in the offense.  Where I disagree is on the reason for this.  You seem to think it's Brady's and the OC's stubbornness in calling shotgun plays.  I think the plays are called of necessity because the Pats aren't really built to do much else.  In my opinion it's a talent issue, not a coaching issue. 

It's why I can look at our schedule and tell you right now who we will lose to if Brady throws 40+ times in game by choice.   If it's a good or great D, we lose. If not, we win.

As for your deflection with regards to BJGE and Woodhead not being All Pro to help Brady, that's just ridiculous when you consider Antowain Smith was never an RB who struck fear into any D. He was just used better by Weis.

It was a very different team back then, with a defense that controlled the pace of the game, and an offense that had more offensive threats and a better receiving backfield. Faulk had as nearly as many carries as Smith, so there was lots of subbing of RBs.  And Branch, Givens, Brown, Faulk, Graham, and Fauria gave us six decent receiving options, supplemented by a bunch of other depth guys.

THat's what this is about. It's about use and approach, not names on a jersey.

If the idea is to share the duties at RB for health reasons and not pay Chris Johnson money, which I agree it's the right cap approach, the key is for the gameplan to channel through ONE lead back, not intertwining gameplans with different backs to the point it's almost appeared like they are practicing or scrimmaging out there in the biggest games of the year.

If this means I disagree with BB, then I do.  I just don't think it's all on BB. It's on McDaniels and Brady as much as BB because it's their show during the games.

The run is not established with 2 or 3 runs in the 1st qtr. 

We win that SB if Brady doesn't toss that INT on that 1st down in the 4th and he instead handed it off to BJGE.  Painful to think about, but it's also the reality.

It's not the name on the jersey at RB, it's the skill set and approach to attacking the other  team's D.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

I don't care how you look at those numbers and what you think about the Defense but those aren't good any way you look at 'em. 

Most football fans in general would probably never believe that they belong to Brady but unfortunately we know better.

Amen.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Every team in the league knows the recipe for stopping the Pats offense, but very few teams have the ingredients it requires.  Basically, you cover two of the Pats receivers man-to-man with your corners, keep at least one safety close to the LOS, play zone in the middle of the field, focus on a strong four-man pass rush (often with lots of stunting), and show a lot of blitzes, but blitz only rarely (do a great job of diguising who's coming and who's dropping). Such a defense is designed to cover both the run and the short inside-the-hash pass (the strength of the Pats offense) and to disrupt Brady's timing.  It works not so much because Brady is bad but because we don't have receiving threats who can force the defense back and outside.  With Gronk in, it's less successful because he's so hard to cover and he blocks so well, but with Gronk out it can be devastatingly effective. 

But you need really good defensive players to pull it off. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Want to know why this looks so bad? ?

Well, it's because it's TOTAL BS!

Do you really know better or are you taking the tainted word of a troll?

I really suggest people start checking crusty's so called facts as I have done long ago.

Truth is TB has 8 picks in all his AFCC games @ home TOTAL (all 5 AFcc games @ home).

Seems it's pretty impossible to have 9 in 3 games when he has 8 total.

Three of them were in the 2009 game against the ravens when the D put him in a 33 point hole.  LOL, 2 more Against the Raven and also in a 2 TD HOLE!

If you don't see the intention of this troll, than I feel sorry for you.

Even if it were true, and  it's not, it's very obvious he cherry picks the worst games of the guys career and uses them as a standard.  I think you would find similar results if you checked Montana's 3 worst games. 

Why does he leave out the title games since 2006 where his TD/int ratio is 18/5?  (3.6:1)

Answer:  Brady bashing troll.

WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Just another pathetic attempt at TB bashing.

Feel free to check out the FACTS for yourself.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradTo00/gamelog//

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

I really suggest people start checking crusty's so called facts as I have done long ago.

Truth is TB has 8 picks in all his AFCC games @ home TOTAL (all 5 AFcc games @ home).

Three of them were in the 2009 game against the ravens when the D put him in a 33 point hole.  LOL, 2 more Against the Raven and also in a 2 TD HOLE!

Even if it were true, and  it's not, it's very obvious he cherry picks the worst games of the guys career and uses them as a standard.  I think you would find similar results if you checked Montana's 3 worst games. 

Why does he leave out the title games since 2006 where his TD/int ratio is 18/5?  (3.6:1)

WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Look, Rusty is psychotic. Rusty is a liar. Rusty is a troll. His game is to get offensive and name call and throw out lies to make an argue ment. He looks at this board as wins and losses, not spirited dialogue on all things Pats. To read every post and see he has an ongoing argument with EVERYONE should make the true Rusty trolling obvious. 

Guy lies, loses bets and then runs away. Typical troll

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

WAKE UP PEOPLE!

I'm not a Brady basher or troll or whatever, but I'm not happy with his play in big games against good defenses either.  

That includes the entire offense, dropped balls by receivers, poor O-line play, inability or unwillingness to establish a running game and at times poor decision making by the supposed GOAT QB.

Say what you want about the numbers but the FACTS are that the Tom Brady and the offense have not peformed up to their regular season standards or even close in the playoffs against good defenses.  

I don't care if Gronk was hurt or the receivers aren't all Pro bowlers or first round picks either.   THEY DID NOT PLAY WELL IN THE BIGGEST GAMES AGAINST GOOD DEFENSES.

Obviously you can't see this and never will so we'll leave it at that.  

Anything negative said about this offense or Brady is a form of Brady Bashing to you and some others on this forum.  Fine.  I'm a fan of the team with or without Brady and will continue to be when he's gone but I'm tired of hearing people blaming everyone else like the Defense, the Receivers, the O-line, the coaches/game plan, injuries but not Brady when he makes a bad decision.  

I want better play from the supposed GOAT, Hall of Fame QB.

I don't think that's too much to ask for from a QB of that caliber.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

You can blame Brady if you want, but football is very much a team game and how Brady performs is very much influenced by how those around him perform.  If the line is not playing well and the receivers aren't playing well, Brady can't just make the offense play well out of thin air.  He needs blockers and he needs receivers.  

This is not to say that Brady hasn't made some mistakes, but those who want to put the whole blame on Brady are ignoring all the things happening around Brady that either enable or hinder his ability to perform well. 

Put simply, if the whole problem were Brady, the fix would be easy: replace the QB.  How many seriously think that removing Brady would improve the team's playoff performances, though?  Think about it.  Taking Brady out of the picture would certainly make this team worse, not better.  Better blockers and better receivers, though--that would help.

Stops on third down when the other team has the ball would help too. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

WAKE UP PEOPLE!

I'm not a Brady basher or troll or whatever, but I'm not happy with his play in big games against good defenses either.  

That includes the entire offense, dropped balls by receivers, poor O-line play, inability or unwillingness to establish a running game and at times poor decision making by the supposed GOAT QB.

Say what you want about the numbers but the FACTS are that the Tom Brady and the offense have not peformed up to their regular season standards or even close in the playoffs against good defenses.  

I don't care if Gronk was hurt or the receivers aren't all Pro bowlers or first round picks either.   THEY DID NOT PLAY WELL IN THE BIGGEST GAMES AGAINST GOOD DEFENSES.

Obviously you can't see this and never will so we'll leave it at that.  

Anything negative said about this offense or Brady is a form of Brady Bashing to you and some others on this forum.  Fine.  I'm a fan of the team with or without Brady and will continue to be when he's gone but I'm tired of hearing people blaming everyone else like the Defense, the Receivers, the O-line, the coaches/game plan, injuries but not Brady when he makes a bad decision.  

I want better play from the supposed GOAT, Hall of Fame QB.

I don't think that's too much to ask for from a QB of that caliber.

Actually, I appreciate you as a poster.

The problem is, those who do think TB needs to play better in certain games , and that includes me, seem to swallow the obvious BS, hook line and sinker.  Not me!  

You can agree with the premise without swallowing the bait and agree,  just because a certain poster with an agenda spouts untruths to make his point.  I've caught him in DOZENS of these outright lies and, sorry, but that makes him not credible.  In other words, you're entitled to your opinion. but accepting the lies of one person, as fact, might be supporting but most likely distorting your opinion.    Based on lies?????

You just accepted it as fact and agreed on how terrible those stats were.  Right? Why?

Not one poster in here has said TB is without fault and the fact that we see much more glaring problems,  like lack of talent in certain areas (that all influence QB play) doesn't make us TB apologist.  It makes us realist.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

TB apologist. Two words put together unnecessarily. We really shouldn't have to defend Tom Brady especially on a Patriots board. He truly is the least of our worries.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

TB apologist. Two words put together unnecessarily. We really shouldn't have to defend Tom Brady especially on a Patriots board. He truly is the least of our worries.

Exactly.  It's not that Brady is perfect, but this idea that every postseason defeat is his fault and pretty much his alone is absurd.  There's a small grain of truth in Rusty's arguments, as the Pats' pass-dependent offense can become one-dimensional, but Rusty blows it out of all proportion, painting a completely warped picture of Brady as some kind of petulant child who insists on running nearly every play out of the shotgun, who only wants to pass the ball, who is fixated on one or two "binky" receivers, and who is apparently completely out of the control of his coaches.  This makes absolutely no sense.  The reality is the Pats depend so heavily on Brady and short timing patterns because that's what they are good at.  Other things don't produce nearly as effectively for them, and given the general unreliability of the defense, they need to be as productive as possible.  The team's hopes of winning a championship will be advanced by improving the defense and getting more diverse weapons on offense.  Once those things happen, then taking Brady out of the shotgun, running the ball more, and doing more with passes other than short timing patterns becomes feasible.  But without the right weapons and with a leaky defense, the Pats have pursued a strategy that puts a ton of pressure on Brady to be perfect. Against the best defenses, that's maybe too high an expectation.  But getting away from the team's strengths and trying to win some other way is not necessarily a better strategy.  In fact, that approach almost always fails.  As Donald Rumsfeld famously said, you go to battle with the army you have. Designing a strategy around an army you don't have is a prescription for almost certain defeat. 

Sections
Shortcuts