2007 Giants Inaccurate Comparison

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

2007 Giants Inaccurate Comparison

I have seen this argument made that the Giants got beat badly by the Vikings in the 2007 season but still won the SB so the Pats can too. I would love it to be true. Here's the problem though. The Giants lost that game because one guy (Eli) played like garbage (4 ints, 3 returned for TD's). They lost that game 41-17. One of the pick6's was a 93 yarder. The Giants defense actually played quite well in that game and limited the Vikes to 250 yards and sacked the QB four times. So the lesson from that game? Let your defense win it and limit the opportunity for Eli to singlehandely lose the game. Which is exactly what they did.

With the Patriots, there is not one person that blew that Saints game. There is not one person that blew the Colts game. It was the ENTIRE DEFENSE, compounded by the usual 2009 horrible playcalling. It's a lot easier to fix a problem when the problem is only one person. A little tougher to fix it when the problem is an entire unit and the coaching of a second one.

The more apt comparison is the Colts of 2006. Their defense was a MESS! They lost 4 of 7 and got killed by Jax. Somehow, they fixed that D in the playoffs. So it can be done. 

Is it likely? Doubtful.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox148927. Show sox148927's posts

Re: 2007 Giants Inaccurate Comparison

couldnt agree more...while i am not giving up and still would like to believe this team is far from finished, i do agree that any comparison to the 2007 giants is far off base when one considers the defensive ability of that giants team in comparison to what we have to work with on the defensive side of the ball. that giants team was great at pressuring qb's and disrupting their rhythm, our pass rush consists of tully banta-cain on occasion and nothing more...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Re: 2007 Giants Inaccurate Comparison

Not just play calling but personel as well.  I dont remember how many time he blew his assignments.

Sections
Shortcuts