Re: 2008 ReDraft

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

In response to ricky12684's comment:

if it makes you feel better I would of picked a WR.  Not sure what that has to do with Mayo not being worthy of a top 10 pick.

first 5 years.         Mayo.           Willis

tackles.                  430               533

sacks.                      7.5                17

FF.                            7                  11    

Int.                           3                  5

Pass Defenses.         17                 40

STF.                         16                31

there wasn't a single receiver picked in the 1st round and comparing mayo to the best LB in football doesn't confirm your premise either... i think you should just let this thread die bud your not convincing anyone of anything.

lol......thanks for reinforcing my point ricky.  The BEST LB in footballwas drafted at #11. Mayo who in not the best or even close was drafted #10

Now I'll let the thread die.  Thanks and have a good night.

The 2007 draft was better than 2008's, so your attempt at a point is a failure.

Willis is better than Mayo, but that does't mean Mayo isn't a very good player.

Thanks for proclaiming my point a failure, that really means something in the scheme of things...lol.

It means everything considering how it easy it is to expose your premises. lmao

Did you order up a new pair of Brady autographed panties?

What are you EXPOSING (You love to expose things)?  I'm pretty much on record as believing Mayo wasn't worth of a top 10 pick and needs to improve his game.....a lot.  Did you see that whiff on the TD run?

the atougraphed Brady panties line isn't funny and quite teenish

Well, considering you're a teenager, it's perfect for you.  I am exposing the fact that you didn't know the 2008 draft was far weaker than the 2007 draft, where Willis was picked.

Get it?

You've already been embarrassed by Rickturd of all people.   You had no idea Bruschi was nothing more than a role player the first 4-5 years of his career.

Do your homework before mouthing off in an attempt to deflect from Brady's continued subpar play in the postseason and AFC title games at home.

[/QUOTE]

Why are you going to spend the entire off season bashing Brady? You said it yourself, the defense didn't play well either. No one on here is saying Brady played well. It's just that if he had played well, there was a very real chance they still would of lost with the way the defense played. And if he played great in the Super Bowl against the niners, this defense still would of most likely let in 28 or more points. He played great against the Texans (who have a pretty good defense) and defense allowed 28 points against an offense that I consider to be nothing special.

It's over, the team lost. We had injuries, yeah, but so did everyone else. We aren't good enough as constructed right now.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Tcal are you seriously arguing that Mayo sucks because he isn't as good as Patrick Willis?  Believe it or not most players drafted in the top 10 are not as good as Patrick Willis.  Saying Mayo isn't worthy of his draft status based on that is pretty weaksauce.  Presumably you believe that since Brady was drafted in the 6th that all QBs are not worth their draft status?

I don't think Mayo suck, never said that.  Another poster compared Mayo to Bruschi and posted their stats on the top of page 2.  Since comparing a 1st to a 3rd rounder is abserd I decided to compare a #10 to an #11 Pick.

Sorry but I see an average LB in Mayo and only improvement in his play will change my mind not the Rusty's.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Why are you going to spend the entire off season bashing Brady? You said it yourself, the defense didn't play well either. No one on here is saying Brady played well. It's just that if he had played well, there was a very real chance they still would of lost with the way the defense played. And if he played great in the Super Bowl against the niners, this defense still would of most likely let in 28 or more points. He played great against the Texans (who have a pretty good defense) and defense allowed 28 points against an offense that I consider to be nothing special.

It's over, the team lost. We had injuries, yeah, but so did everyone else. We aren't good enough as constructed right now.

[/QUOTE]

this isn't a brady thread it's a mayo one so you should be asking tcal if he is going to spend all offseason bashing mayo? brady was playing just fine up until welker dropped that critical 3rd down pass.. all down hill from there for the entire team.

[/QUOTE]

I'll continue to post Mayo threads when I see Brady threads.  Maybe you have or have not noticed the correlation.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:

Bruschi had 30.5 career sacks, Mayo has 7.5 through 5 years. Bruschi had 12 career interceptions Mayo has 3. Bruschi 11 career forced fumbles Mayo has 8 already. Mayo has 17 pass defenced Bruschi had 31. Bruschi had 735 career tackle, Mayo through 5 years has 648. Now the value of Bruschi is better as a 3rd round draft pick but do you want every MLB taken in the first round to be a Ray Lewis or a Patrick Willis? He's a good solid player who could still improve throughout his career and BB took him to run the D. I heard a pundit on NFL network say a head coach would be willing to give up a bit of ability so if he's getting a leader as well. Stop being so romantic about the past man, if Mayo sucks Bruschi sucked too

1 + 1 does not = 11w

Bruschi was great and a play maker.  Fins game in the snow says it all.  Greatest Int ever.  Name one Mayo moment???

Anyone name one Mayo moment????????????????

July 18th 2012  my home grown tomatoes, toasted bread, bacon, lettuce and MAYO

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

No, please don't misremember things.  Someone ask me in a post to list players I rather have and that's when I mentioned Willis.  I didn't want to answer the question but after being challenged I gave a few names.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:

Bruschi had 30.5 career sacks, Mayo has 7.5 through 5 years. Bruschi had 12 career interceptions Mayo has 3. Bruschi 11 career forced fumbles Mayo has 8 already. Mayo has 17 pass defenced Bruschi had 31. Bruschi had 735 career tackle, Mayo through 5 years has 648. Now the value of Bruschi is better as a 3rd round draft pick but do you want every MLB taken in the first round to be a Ray Lewis or a Patrick Willis? He's a good solid player who could still improve throughout his career and BB took him to run the D. I heard a pundit on NFL network say a head coach would be willing to give up a bit of ability so if he's getting a leader as well. Stop being so romantic about the past man, if Mayo sucks Bruschi sucked too

1 + 1 does not = 11w

Bruschi was great and a play maker.  Fins game in the snow says it all.  Greatest Int ever.  Name one Mayo moment???

Anyone name one Mayo moment????????????????

July 18th 2012  my home grown tomatoes, toasted bread, bacon, lettuce and MAYO

Lol, nice one harley.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The fact is the correlation is imbalanced because Mayo doesn't take up the cap space Brady does and Mayo isn't going to the HOF like Brady is, so when one guy plays well under his normal level, it stands out more.

That means Brady underperformed far more than Mayo did.

You'll never win this argument.  You spend all season gloating about sniffing Brady's jock and then when the chips are on the table you put more of an onus on someone like Mayo than Brady himself.

That makes you a hypocrite.

The only one who can change Brady is Brady.

I'm not trying to win anything Rusty, this is the Internet and there's nothing to be gained in the cyber world.  Someday you'll figure that out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I'll continue to post Mayo threads when I see Brady threads.  Maybe you have or have not noticed the correlation.

[/QUOTE]

so you and rusty are on the same level.. you're a rusty!!! lmao. 

[/QUOTE]

Counter balance.  No one is on Rusty's level.  In case you haven't noticed over the last 7 years it's what I do.  You post a picture I counter balance it with a picture.  You say something that's out there and I counter balance it (maybe I actually agree with you).

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Ditto

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

the new guy "jetfaninboston" said it best jets have sancheeze and the bust Gholston...the Pats have Brady and Mayo.  This loss can put more on brady and the receivethan mayo and the D, 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

the new guy "jetfaninboston" said it best jets have sancheeze and the bust Gholston...the Pats have Brady and Mayo.  This loss can put more on brady and the receivethan mayo and the D, 

Welker's drop was a huge turning point IMO.  We score a TD there and it over.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

I thought the same and the very conservative play calling on their side of the field.... punting from their 40?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I thought the same and the very conservative play calling on their side of the field.... punting from their 40?

Just a lot of strange sh*t harley.  Like not playing Vereen sooner and more often with Ridley struggling for yardage.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Mayo goes late 5th round.  Hopefully people are waking up to what a huge disapointment this guy is.

anyone who goes late 5th round can't be a disappointment, only an overachiever

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I honestly feel that if he were replaced, it would make no difference either way...what so ever. Hell when he used to go down and that undrafted free agent (what was his name?) would come in...wasn't much of a difference. If only we could take his 40 million dollar contract and spend it elsewhere...

Funny thing is, Rusty would be calling him a bust if he played for the Jets.

Actually, I wouldn't.  He's been a part of this young D that is emerging and won DPOY in 2008, so there is no way he's a bust. Wake me when a Jets player wins DPOY or plays ina  SB.  It's disappointing he couldn't bail out Brady, but that doesn't mean doesn't do good things.

no u would...after all, anyone who says mccourty is better than revis could say almost anything!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Wow, what an original post!  The rest of the NFL, national media and ex-Patriots players are clearly wrong about his guy.  He missed a tackle on the goal line in the AFC championship game.  We get it!  None of the rest of the team are at fault, Mayo should have had all 11 defensive positions covered and checked himself in at TE and RB while he was at it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

Wow, what an original post!  The rest of the NFL, national media and ex-Patriots players are clearly wrong about his guy.  He missed a tackle on the goal line in the AFC championship game.  We get it!  None of the rest of the team are at fault, Mayo should have had all 11 defensive positions covered and checked himself in at TE and RB while he was at it.

Hightower missed the very same tackle on the very same play...

All our players suck, get used to it, it will always be that way with some people. Another in a long line of dumb threads...

Sections
Shortcuts